Motorbike hire

davo2212

Check your travel insurance before you go.

If you do not have a motorcycle licence in your own country it is unlikely you will be covered.

I specify on my insurance that I will be riding large bikes.

You see the parade of injured legs and arms up Bangla Rd every night and those are the ones that survived and can walk

It is very dangerous and if you are not experienced be very careful but it is the best way to see the island and there are some lovely rides

Rates are real cheap from 200Bt a day up depending on what you want.

The Frenchman at Nina's car rent Chalong did me a deal one time at 150thb a day, but then the next time I went he said nothing under 200thb and got grumped out about me saying the only reason I was there was it was 150thb last time. But for a longterm 2 month rental maybe you can get the guy to come off the 200thb.

Walked to Chalong circle car/rental bike place there got them to 170, if entering the circle from Rawai Beach direction curve right like going to Phuket Town and they are right there,leftside.

They did keep my passport though. Usually I am able to show and leave a copy, but they said a lot of rental bike theft this year.

Funny, I was just talking to my bike mechanic. I want him to restore two of my motorbikes a 1997 and a 98. I paid 10K baht a piece ten years ago, took good care and they run great but the sea air is taking it's toll! He would rebuild them for less than I paid. He said as long as you the care of them! 1,000 Baht a year isn't too bad! And to rebuild for about the same price or less with new paint, why would I want a new piece of crap for over 50K? I'm going to have a longer discussion with him soon! I love my old Honda Smile 2 stroke! It hauls ass for a little bike!