AMLO orders California Wow's 88 million baht worth of land frozen

webfact

'This practice amounted to public fraud as the company failed to deliver the services as promised in its advertisements ...'

Er, this is Thailand. Failure to deliver on promised services or products is far from uncommon. What is common is for companies to take umbrage at being challenged over their failings, and threatening to sue the complainants, courtesy of LoS's wonderful defamation laws.

Not really a scam though was it ? just a business transferring funds out of the country, just wasnt Thai benefiting for a change

No big a deal a few hiso lost their memberships.

Is he in custody ? I think not, how about his Thai partner ? whistling.gif

No, they made false declarations of losses and tried to hide the money by sending it out

Still isnt a scam, its a gym not a ponzie scheme, so it was going pop and so what ? happens all the time..

And his partner was 100% Thai,although that seems to have been missed out in nearly all reports whistling.gif

Yeah ... it's not a scam until "you" are the one who loses money.

OK and anyone stupid enough to expect a lifetime membership for something that obviously isnt going to last your lifetime, let alone expect longer than a decade is just plain being dumb.

So a gym went bust, big deal business is always doing this.. least it was a business helping people get fit instead of a drug company keeping people addicted.

These gyms while operating probably saved and helped more peoples lives than harmed them..

Not exactly Dr evil is he ?

OK and anyone stupid enough to expect a lifetime membership for something that obviously isnt going to last your lifetime, let alone expect longer than a decade is just plain being dumb.

So a gym went bust, big deal business is always doing this.. least it was a business helping people get fit instead of a drug company keeping people addicted.

These gyms while operating probably saved and helped more peoples lives than harmed them..

I have such a strange feeling that in some way you are related to Cawow, because you keep defending their scam, and refuse acknowledge that funneling 1.6 BILLION Baht out of the country where it should have been on the company books is plain fraud.

Levine. The name is Eric Levine.

Indeed. Just the way Thais pronounce it I guess. N.E Way..................

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Eric+Levine++california+wow.&biw=1360&bih=650&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi21dXwnrrKAhURGY4KHfy2APIQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=f44DVsF9aIvULM%3A

post-9891-0-40065000-1453356651_thumb.jp

Nice jeans for a rich con-man.

I remember telling him in the ninties. When he first came here from California via Hong Kong. That is plan to deduct monthly gym fee's from bank accts wouldnt work here. Wow was I wrong.......

I have such a strange feeling that in some way you are related to Cawow, because you keep defending their scam, and refuse acknowledge that funneling 1.6 BILLION Baht out of the country where it should have been on the company books is plain fraud.

Perhaps i just dont care that much about stupids gym membership of who bought into the age old mistake of if something seems too good to be true...thats because it probably is.

I take it you were a member ? whistling.gif

Perhaps i just dont care that much about stupids gym membership of who bought into the age old mistake of if something seems too good to be true...thats because it probably is.

Yes I was a member, paid 13K and got use of it for 3 years, so I got good use for the money I paid, but it still remains a scam.

Yes I was a member, paid 13K and got use of it for 3 years, so I got good use for the money I paid, but it still remains a scam.

Well there you go I rest my case..

13k for 3 years ? hmmm about 360 baht a month... good deal wink.png

Tell me you didnt work out with deals like that it was always going bust ?

Id say you knew full well this wasnt going to last but while it did and was cheap why not right ?

Everyone loves a bargain, until it turns out not to be but im glad you got your moneys worth wink.png

Edited by englishoak

Well there you go I rest my case..

13k for 3 years ? hmmm about 360 baht a month... good deal wink.png

Tell me you didnt work out with deals like that it was always going bust ?

Id say you knew full well this wasnt going to last but while it did and was cheap why not right ?

Everyone loves a bargain, until it turns out not to be but im glad you got your moneys worth wink.png

Yes I knew it wasn't gonna last, and I got a good deal, but that doesn't make funneling 1.6 billion of company funds out of the country less of a scam / fraud.

I paid a bargain, but there have been reports that others paid like 50K sign up fee and a yearly membership of several thousands which was automatically deducted from their accounts.

There are also reports that those people still had their accounts deducted, and were legally bound to because it was in their contract, after the gym they had signed up for was already shut down. Did they also get a bargain?

The question is not if I was scammed, but if the company was set up with fraud in mind.

The fact that 1.6 Billion was funneled out of the county clearly indicates that there was no shortage of operating funds, but the money was simply stolen by the founder of the company.

• 1 month later...