Current NonB Visa

I used to live in Thailand for many years and held NonB's via my own company, but I closed that when I left 5 years ago,

Now I am coming back and will need to do same again, as I will be doing work in ecommerce and software development.

I used to get 12 Mth NonB's in Australia before but now they only issues 3 months.

So my question is - is there any advantage in getitng a 3 MOnth NonB before I come ie. will it make the 12 Month NonB easier/cheaper?

If not I will not bother and just get tourist visa when I land.

Can anyone suggest a good cheap honest (choose any 2!) lawyer in Phuket, or anywhere that can do a Phuket WP?

Regards

Sam

If you can get the single entry non-b visa it would make things much easier since you could have a work permit issued. If not you would have to go out for a non-b visa once your are able to apply for the work permit.

After getting the work permit you could get a multiple entry non-b visa in Penang if the work permit has at least 8 months reaming on it.

Hi Joe Thanks for this info.

So if I arrive with a 3mth nonB then I can seyup the new company and apply for a WP immed, then before the 3 mths is up head to KL etc for a renewal?

Will the new Visa be a 12mth NonB or a 3Mth NonB ?

if I have to apply for a new 3Mth every 3 motnhs this will get expensive, it needs to be a 12 month with the 90 day re-entry

So if I arrive with a 3mth nonB then I can seyup the new company and apply for a WP immed, then before the 3 mths is up head to KL etc for a renewal?

if I have to apply for a new 3Mth every 3 motnhs this will get expensive, it needs to be a 12 month with the 90 day re-entry

As I wrote before you can get a multiple entry non-b visa in Penang if you have your work permit and it is valid for at least 8 months.. Anywhere else nearby it will only be a single entry visa.

Things have changed a lot over the past few years and KL is no longer 'friendly'; you would have to go to Penang.

Without a WP approval in your hands, nowhere in the SE Asia region is likely to issue even a single entry non immigrant 'b' and only Penang is reliable for a one year multiple entry non immigrant 'b visa, providing as ubonjoe has already posted, that you have a valid WP with at least 8 month validity remaining along with all the other required papers..