Sunday(or Anyday) Roast In Bangkok

Nikkijah

I dreamt that a chef friend of mine made the biggest, tastiest roast dinner for me and I've been pining ever since!

I've seen old reports on thaivisa about good roasts in Bangkok but wanted updated reports of the biggest and best roast dinner available in town, size is imporant because I want to stuff my face, price is not so important because it will surely be a fraction of the price for a decent roast in the UK

all reports welcome :o

OK, so after a bit more reading I found this:

There are some good places in Silom,

Soi Convent

my favorit restaurant is Indigo, a very good French Restaurant great food, wines, and service. when you are there you do not feel like you are in Bangkok.

Then for great home cooked English Food try the Irish Xchange

they have an English Chef, the food there is great, large portions and at a good price. the Guinness is good to. They also have an awsome sunday roast carvery buffet. I think it is 300 baht eat all you can, the beef is awsome.

The noodle stall oposite is very good also, cheap and fast.

So, Dirty Girty, do you know if this is strictly Sunday only or all week long?

Thanks

Nikkijah

Edited by Nikkijah

I think it is only sunday, or maybe sat as well. We were in there several weeks ago expecting it for lunch, but was disappointed when it was not on and sign said only ????? cannot remember which days.

But other places recommended as very good are the sheraton sunday brunch, supposed to be excellent and also I believe the hotle on the river on the otherside...the marriot I think.

A few years ago I visited a cafe in sukhumvit somewhere :o which served any dish you could expect to find in a british cafe, I had pie and mash but I could have eaten the entire menu if I wasn't careful, is this place well known to anyone? Or is there many of these all around this area? They may serve roast dinners...

I dreamt that a chef friend of mine made the biggest, tastiest roast dinner for me and I've been pining ever since!

I've seen old reports on thaivisa about good roasts in Bangkok but wanted updated reports of the biggest and best roast dinner available in town, size is imporant because I want to stuff my face, price is not so important because it will surely be a fraction of the price for a decent roast in the UK

all reports welcome :o

Best on a Sunday has to be the Londoner.. All you can eat too!

all reports welcome :D

Best on a Sunday has to be the Londoner.. All you can eat too!

ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! Oh dear, I can sense a diet in the near future, shame I have to wait for Sunday :o

:D The Irish Exchange is excellent, although I think it finishes around 3 and you have to be in early to get roast pork, the next piggy meat out is gammon and the beef is too rare for me. The other contender has to be the Dubliner near to Empo. The roast on a Sunday is far too big for me to eat and I have a gargantuan appetite. :o

The Irish Xchange buffet is very good and represents great value for money. It is 300 baht all up, and as well as the roast meets, vegetables etc, there is also salad (average), soup (usually very, very good), a choice of dessert as well as coffee or tea.

The only imporvement I would make would be to add roast chicken....but that is but a minor complaint.

I also like it that the Irish Xchange has heaps of copies of the Sunday papers - there seem to bse several of each so it is a nice spot to spend a few hours on a Sunday.