My Father in Law

lovelomsak

You appear to be privileged that this man graced your life.Cracking story.God bless the elderly gentleman,and may he have many more years to come.

Another shining and living example of how the foundation of this country was built. Hard work. Thanks to technology this has disappeared and now instead of givers and fixers we have generations of the "me" "give me" people. Yes technology has some good points but as we see today the likes of this 88 year old gentleman are sadly few and far between and disappearing fast. Well off on my push bike to the salad bar. I still have 10 years to go to reach his age. I doubt if I will reach his performance level though.

My GF's grandmother died at 113. Her mom at 32. Both naturally. My GF is 32 now. She may be on borrowed time or maybe have 81 years to go. Every morning I remind her "today could be your last, so make me the breakfast you want to be remembered for."

Edited by csabo

Inspirational stuff. I thought I was doing well at 77, knocking out 20 or so kilometers on my pushbike. Now I've really got something to go for -which is, of course, one of the secrets of growing old but staying young. Always have something to do and keep body and mind active.

The other day my daughter, who's eight, found a YouTube video of some guy of 104 doing the fastest ever 100 meters for a centenarian. "When you are his age, dad, I want you to beat that record," she said, knowing I used to be a pretty useful sprinter in my youth.

"I will, I will," I assured her "even if it kills me" And I meant it!.

It makes a nice refreshing change to read a nice positive story here....... So much negativity normally I hope we will start to get more positive stories about life in Thailand

Exactly my thoughts, what a top topic.

My wife's mother lives with us here in Pattaya, she is late 70 now, bent over almost 90 deg due to a long life in the paddy fields. She is tired now but still does small things in the garden, she just can't help herself.

Ohh, and she likes watching cartoons on the TV with our 6 year old son, he-he.

When we moved her from the village about 5 years ago, my wife gave her some pills to relax as she has never been inside a car before and she don't like it, she never leaves the village here in Patts, we took her to the beach one time but she rater be home in the garden.

Gentle and kind as they comes.

"He eats like a working man in his 20's. No toast and tea for this guy."

What DOES he eat? Just the traditional Thai food?

Keep in mind that - unlike children today - people like him got few if any vaccinations as children. In my estimation, vaccines are designed, made and used to promote ill-health and for population control and reduction. Vaccinating newborn babies and pregnant women is absolute insanity and absolutely criminal. The

flu vaccine for the elderly is being pushed to get them to meet their maker before they get too old, to save the pension funds.

US children get more vaccines than children anywhere else in the world, but instead of being the healthiest, they are the sickest children ever, with the incidence of chronic ill-health and neurological disorders going through the roof.

I suggest you ask your father-in-law whether he was vaccinated as a child. I would be interested in his reply.

Re. your "In my estimation, vaccines are designed, made and used to promote ill-health and for population control and reduction."

You paint with a very broad brush. Evidently you are not aware of the hundreds-of-thousands of children who died or were crippled every year worldwide from polio. Today it is virtually wiped out and very very few children contact it ... and the ones that do are not vaccinated. Would you prefer to go back to the devastation of polio?

You should have posted a photo of this superman.

No he wasn't a superman but obviously very much a well loved , good and respected MAN!

and yes I did shout those last two words because I agree with your post that it would be great to see a photo of this man who obviously has touched the life of not only his family but people like me who are so emotionally reminded of similar MEN from the past like my dad and the uncles that I had only briefly known but so reminded me so much of the OPs FIL

Its good to talk about good people and also to remember good people whom I am lucky enough to have known lots of

Thanks to the OP for a smashing thread

Same with my FIL. Amazing fella.

I think it says something about Thai food.

I think it perhaps says something about genes in conjecture with an active life and abstention from drinking and smoking etc.

Actually the old man smokes like a turk.

Not shy with the beer either.

:)

Her indoors (the Boss) is in bed watching a Thai soap and i am watching on Youtube an interview with Mark knopfler and mark Lawson and just before I decide to have my fourth whiskey and Pepsi max which is 25% more than I normally have .......I Thought Chuff it I'm going for a cuddle and stuff the 100 pipers

The reason....I am high and on a positive thought that all is well with me this night.

This high was brought on by positive and optimistic thoughts from the OP , other posts and the 3 x 100 Pipers and pepsi max

No Im not daft, nor drunk nor am I sentimental , melancholy or maudlin ( for a change)

Its just good to enjoy the moment (all too rare)

There are so many good things going on and we dont seem to take this into consideration in our daily lives .

We take for granted so much and the little things (Which are usually the best things) in our lives seem to be overwhelmed by those negative and seemingly newsworthy comments that take so much precedence

Ok I maybe a little merry and tomorrow is another day but tonight I am going to thank my God for all the good and great things that are going on around me.

The best one that I can think of for being just grateful is that I am in a position to do just what I said I was going to do. ( for those with a short memory I am going to give the Boss a little cuddle and kiss)

For those who at this time know where I am at (mentally) I feel justified, for those who dont understand this post....I truly hope that one day you will understand (Honestly)

exactly same story with the only difference my FIL is a youngster of 74.

He lives in the village where houses are close together, and has a farm a few miles outside the village where he grows rice and on one side vegetables and fruit.

He rides his three wheel bicycle there every day. I offered to buy him a pickup truck or what ever he wanted but he refuses, Then I posted a thread in this forum to find out if and where I could motorize is bicycle and snick it in. But I did not get a good answer.

Any way, I prickle when I hear people criticizing the Thai people , I will admite I dont know all of them, but the very few I know are very nice hard working people. Love them to death, cant wait to retire and spend as much time as I can with them

PS: you should see him climb a tree.

Thank you for sharing your storysmile.png

exactly same story with the only difference my FIL is a youngster of 74.

He lives in the village where houses are close together, and has a farm a few miles outside the village where he grows rice and on one side vegetables and fruit.

He rides his three wheel bicycle there every day. I offered to buy him a pickup truck or what ever he wanted but he refuses, Then I posted a thread in this forum to find out if and where I could motorize is bicycle and snick it in. But I did not get a good answer.

Any way, I prickle when I hear people criticizing the Thai people , I will admite I dont know all of them, but the very few I know are very nice hard working people. Love them to death, cant wait to retire and spend as much time as I can with them

PS: you should see him climb a tree.

Thank you for sharing your storysmile.png

Speaking about tree climbing.

One day my fil's oldest daughter wanted some mangoes from a tree in the yard. She couldnot get at some because of to many branches in the way. Her husband my brother in law , who is 66 climbed the tree like a youngster,pushed the branches aside and she got her mangoes. He climbed down not even had a sweat on..Got to love these guys.

• 2 months later...

There used to be lots of people like this in all countries. My great grandfather was a railwayman who rode his bike out to his farm/market garden at the end of the day (In Ayrshire, Scotland) to do what needed to be done there. In his late nineties (IIRC) he was twice brought back by the cops, once having climbed a wall and got onto the trackside to try to get to his old signal box, and the second time cycling out to his market garden which - unfortunately - had forty years earlier become part of Prestwick Airport. He didn't eat bread regularly until he was in his thirties - too expensive. They made up porridge and lined drawers with grease proof paper and poured it in. A big slice of congealed porridge and cheese for your lunch. Tastes as good as it sounds.

We're all fat and happy now.

My Mothers 88 in the Uk she sounds the same as your FIL, skypes me everyday then goes out gardening all day, still drives daily and works for the National Trust Sunday Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...