Thai Police v UK Police

Pilotman

In the UK, a decent percentage are competent and willing to enforce the law. If the police are needed, you can call them for assistance. If you are in danger, there is a good chance you can get help from them. Same in the US.

In Thailand a tiny percentage are competent, and very few are willing to enforce the law. If you need the police do not call them. If you are in danger, they will be of little help.

You say

"The grammar and the emphasis upon the term "Thai wife" as if this is some sort of valuable accoutrement one finds at Central are a tip off. Why not just describe her as the "attendant" or the former bar worker from Issan?"

Well you may be rite. How ever I am not that good at grammar. Your statement does tell me a bit about you. The thought of Thai basher comes to mind.

You believe me to be a Thai basher because I consider the expression "the Thai wife" to be an idiotic term? Tell me big carl, do men from York call their wives "The English wife", or "the wife of York".? Do Swedish men refer to their wives as their Swedish wives? What if they marry one of those foreigners? Do they then refer to her as the "Insert foreign origin" wife? The incessant use of the expression "the Thai wife" is found only in Thai Visa. Is a Thai wife somehow better than a Japanese wife, or a Dutch wife? Why is it the Italian men never post in TV and refer to their wives as the wife from Milan, or if she's from Udon, as the Thai wife? No one under the age of 60 uses this term "the Thai wife".

I usually use the term my Thai wife.

It helps to differentiate her from my previous wife, who in fact was my English wife.

Does that explain it simply enough for you?

Or you could use the term my wife , which people would assume was the person you were married too rather than the one you wasn't.

In the UK, a decent percentage are competent and willing to enforce the law. If the police are needed, you can call them for assistance. If you are in danger, there is a good chance you can get help from them. Same in the US.

In Thailand a tiny percentage are competent, and very few are willing to enforce the law. If you need the police do not call them. If you are in danger, they will be of little help.

If it really is the case that lawbreakers have so little to fear from the cops the society seems remarkably orderly. Buddhism - or something else - must exert quite a hold if people can commit offences and expect nothing by way of a response by the cops. I'm guessing that only the innocent end up in the prisons? smile.png

You believe me to be a Thai basher because I consider the expression "the Thai wife" to be an idiotic term? Tell me big carl, do men from York call their wives "The English wife", or "the wife of York".? Do Swedish men refer to their wives as their Swedish wives? What if they marry one of those foreigners? Do they then refer to her as the "Insert foreign origin" wife? The incessant use of the expression "the Thai wife" is found only in Thai Visa. Is a Thai wife somehow better than a Japanese wife, or a Dutch wife? Why is it the Italian men never post in TV and refer to their wives as the wife from Milan, or if she's from Udon, as the Thai wife? No one under the age of 60 uses this term "the Thai wife".

Off topic here,

Once you've had several wives of different nationalities, it's easier to keep track of them by nationality.

I previously had an English wife, I now have a Thai wife.

My pal from Milan also, refers to wife no. 1 as the Italian wife, and wife no.2 as the Thai wife.

I've been using 'the Thai wife' from age 54, when I acquired her.

Is the Thai wife better than the English wife?

Depends on how you define 'better'. I think I would describe them as 'different' rather than 'better/worse'

My English wife was better at pumping out babies, but worse for sex (as in not much).

A bit later I might try a Chinese wife ............

When you acquired your wife...... Lovely expression. Was she on special at Sainsbury's?

bogof

The UK police are totally corrupt.

But corrupt in different ways to the Thai police.

Hard to define the differences,

In the UK it appears to be more of a power trip, lots of false statements and falsifying evidence.

In Thailand they are just trying to make a bit of extra money.

There is no such entity as the 'UK police'. There is a single Police Scotland force.

If it really is the case that lawbreakers have so little to fear from the cops the society seems remarkably orderly. Buddhism - or something else - must exert quite a hold if people can commit offences and expect nothing by way of a response by the cops. I'm guessing that only the innocent end up in the prisons? smile.png

It really is the case that few have anything to fear from the RCD (revenue collection department) who like to dress up as policemen, and pretend that they are engaged in law enforcement. And in the rare event that you are actually caught engaging in a crime, the inept and weak courts will more than likely let you walk. The exception seems to be crimes of a political nature, where Little P. takes offense. He is a weak and thin skinned man, and if you offend him, then who knows what will happen. Some sort of attitude adjustment, at the least. At the most, a 26 year prison sentence for a fake LM charge.

The OP has provided one of the most poorly thought posts made this week.

He attempts to compare the RTP response for his niece's motorbike collision with an unsubstantiated claim that the London Met are arrogant and incompetent. To make it even more cringe worthy, the OP drags in an event with political overtones that has zero relationship to the investigation of a motorbike crash in Thailand. Had the OP compared two motor vehicle investigations, I would be more respectful, but in this case we have a man who says he bribed the Thai police, criticizing the London police for an unrelated matter and then making unsubstantiated claims.

I find it rather amusing in a macabre manner that the OP states quite matter of factly that "the UK Police morons in the Met and other Forces, get paid a lot and either don't give a damn, or are too stupid to do their job properly." I don't need to know anything about the OP to deduce that he is a male Caucasian aged 65 to 75 and has no formal education. The grammar and the emphasis upon the term "Thai wife" as if this is some sort of valuable accoutrement one finds at Central are a tip off. Why not just describe her as the "attendant" or the former bar worker from Issan? What does a Dutch wife get classified as? The lady with sizeable pins? Seriously? The Thai wife?

Yes, I get it. England changed and he doesn't like it. What did it for the OP? The fact that they have "coloured" constables on patrol? Or maybe it's women in command positions? Or maybe, they let too many visible minorities into the military and gave them commissions. *Gasp* England doesn't need whinging malcontents quick to attack its respected institutions; institutions which have held up well over the centuries and which have guided the nation through difficult times. There will always be an England and embittered disloyal residents who couldn't cut it, who are afraid of progress, deserve to have a family of the visible minority group they hate the most move in next door to them.

My goodness, you do make a lot of assumptions don't you? I mentioned that my wife is Thai, because she is my wife, and she's Thai, which means that she was dealing in the culture that she grew up in. She was not at all fazed by paying the police to conduct an investigation, seeing it as an administrative fee and not a bribe. Her brother is a police officer in BKK so to her, it was and is normal practice. Had I been paying the 'fee', it may not have tuned out so well. However, despite the fact that I already pay for my local UK force through my taxes, as someone pointed out, if I had to pay a similar amount to get our police motivated to investigate low level crime, it would be money well spent in my view.

Your suggestion that my comments on the Met are somehow a result of some kind of racist or sexist backlash on my part is utterly offensive as well as quite wrong and says a lot more about you than it does about me.

My remarks are to point out that any comparison made between the work of the RTP and the recent cases dealt with by the UK police, that then paints the UK Police as above reproach and the centre of police excellence is not one that I recognise.

So you think apparently, that any change in UK institutions, in your view, should not be contemplated, or pushed along by critics. Can I suggest that, with an attitude like that. progress and modernisation is impossible. Lastly, your age range for me is wrong, as is my educational attainment; I hold a PhD.

So, all told mate, you need a lesson yourself, in balanced analysis and in not making assumptions based on nothing more than your flawed 'intuition'.

I worked for uk police for 12 yrs as a civvy

All ok at first but then things change

I was being asked to lose letters, change dates - not good & I wouldn't do it

Advised manager - police - all of a sudden it was my fault!!

Disgusting, closed ranks as it was police asking me to do things

Corrupt. Not everyone but many

There are also so many officers on the sick or light duties.

A lot in desk jobs just trying to sit out their time

It makes me laugh when you hear 'all police officers are risking their lives every shift. For a lot of them the risk is a paper cut it too much coffee

Disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention that, 'cos I was on the receiving end of the changing dates scam.

During a complaint I had against the UK police, they would always put 'no reply in 14 days and your complaint is terminated'.

Then they sent some letters dated 14 days before they even posted them. So we couldn't reply in the required time frame.

Luckily my brief was wise to that trick, and kept all envelopes stapled to the letters.

Of course they claimed admin errors.

They also dismissed a civilian dispatcher in the emergency calls room, for mis-recording details of an incoming emergency call leading to my false arrest (escalating a minor complaint to a major incident). Funny that the emergency caller, the dispatcher and myself all had the same details, only the officers sent to the scene had different details. Guess they decided to sacrifice the weakest link (which luckily wasn't me).

Well done for staying out of that stuff RB, you would have been at risk.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Funny you should mention that, 'cos I was on the receiving end of the changing dates scam.

During a complaint I had against the UK police, they would always put 'no reply in 14 days and your complaint is terminated'.

Then they sent some letters dated 14 days before they even posted them. So we couldn't reply in the required time frame.

Luckily my brief was wise to that trick, and kept all envelopes stapled to the letters.

They also dismissed a civilian dispatcher in the emergency calls room, for mis-recording details of an incoming emergency call leading to my false arrest (escalating a minor complaint to a major incident). Funny that the emergency caller, the dispatcher and myself all had the same details, only the officers sent to the scene had different details. Guess they decided to sacrifice the weakest link (which luckily wasn't me).

There's no such entity as the "UK police."

Don't understand you say the dispatcher was sacked for missing recording details yes. Then you say quote Funny that the emergency caller, the dispatcher and myself all had the same details" so who missed recorded what???? When a call comes in on 999 it is automatically recorded and date/time/tagged so if the dispatcher altered his log he would be a silly person cross checking is easily done and if a complaint comes in that's the very first thing that is checked.

Ive had many a fight with uk police- they deserved it !- but not here - not cos im scared- theyre not pumped up- maybe they didnt get bullied at school hehe

Maybe your one of the reson we need police , Violents gest you nowhere, The biggest difference with British police and Thai police is the Public will help the British police , In Thailand Up to them prevales.

Edited by Thongkorn