Foreigner in Chonburi urgently needs O- blood

Monomial

Monday, Jan. 25 - 10:30 am:

Mr. Craig John Jones at Chonburi Hospital is currently in urgent need of O- blood in order to undergo a heart bypass operation.

If anyone can help please contact his wife Nut at 092-716-8409 or visit your local Red Cross facility immediately to donate.

This is the problem here they put an age limit on donors and if you are ahealthy 65 or more old person they do not want your blood, those of us who are O Neg do worry, as the Thais seem UNABLE to get hold of the fact that a 6- 80 yr old foreigner is probably healthier than a 50 yr old Thai but they refuse to change. Hope the recipient is OK and we should balme the Thais for being in the 19th century.

This is the problem here they put an age limit on donors and if you are ahealthy 65 or more old person they do not want your blood, those of us who are O Neg do worry, as the Thais seem UNABLE to get hold of the fact that a 6- 80 yr old foreigner is probably healthier than a 50 yr old Thai but they refuse to change. Hope the recipient is OK and we should balme the Thais for being in the 19th century.

Yes O neg myself, I just wondered if the red cross had a different policy for blood donations.

Update; I just called Nut. She said they have 2 units so far and isn't sure how many they will need. She thinks distance is going to be an issue for getting the blood to her husband. I'm trying to find out if the Red cross have an emergency transport service for donated blood like they do in some countries. Will update as info comes back to me.

Meanwhile if anyone is closer to Chonburi and has O Neg please call her.

I'm O negative in Hua Hin, but 70 years old and with probable history of malaria in Nigeria many years ago. When I lived in Chiang Mai before that in the early 1970s, I was on an list of universal donors - there were 2 of us ! Can't remember which organisation held the list. I was never called to donate. Guess nobody wants my blood now ........

Any active Chonburi FB group → or several will get a much larger response and "echo/ripple" effect....

Great idea!

Mrs Lopchan has just posted to her family members in Chonburi so maybe word will get out among the locals.

I think O+ can give blood to anyone but can only get from O+. So make sure. If O+ can also give blood to O- . If possible it make it much easier.

More misinformation, a simple google search will tell you that you are completely wrong