Manufacturing jewellers

sandgroper2

Do you know of any in this region? And please, if one person mentions somewhere, i dont need other posters to tell me a second or third time adinfatitum. (excuse spelling,life is too short to worry about such things)

Edited by sandgroper2

I've had silver and gold rings made by Mr. Gee, goldsmith, he has small shop just off Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road. Show him a photo, or draw a pic, and 5 days later pick up.

Gem stone cutting on Beach Rd, small hidden shop next to Mikes Mall, very good prices and usually cut same day.

I've had silver and gold rings made by Mr. Gee, goldsmith, he has small shop just off Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road. Show him a photo, or draw a pic, and 5 days later pick up.

Gem stone cutting on Beach Rd, small hidden shop next to Mikes Mall, very good prices and usually cut same day.

Thanks mate, id like a chat, pls pm me, ( is pm the term?)

re "he has small shop just off Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road" ,will you be a bit more specific please, my comprehension skills aint what they used to be. Cheers.

There are two massive Gem Factorys on North Pattaya Road. They will make jewelry for you and you learn all about gems, and in the one near Sukh you get a ride on a wee electric train, and a free cup of (terrible) coffee at the end of the tour.

These factories are so big they would dwarf Saturn let alone Mr. Gee' secret hidden shop. So "no hab pomblem" to find.

There are two massive Gem Factorys on North Pattaya Road. They will make jewelry for you and you learn all about gems, and in the one near Sukh you get a ride on a wee electric train, and a free cup of (terrible) coffee at the end of the tour.

These factories are so big they would dwarf Saturn let alone Mr. Gee' secret hidden shop. So "no hab pomblem" to find.

I got a quote from a "large gem showroom", it not a factory, i cant say which on here. Price to set some gems, 22000 bt,Went to a very small gold smith just past tuccom, 11500.

This is not really helpful to the OP. How would you expect him to find Mr. Gee from that info. Really!!!

Yes, bahtboy, really! 3rd Rd and South Rd are main roads in Pattaya, its an intersection. And I expected maybe a PM or post asking for details if OP needs precise location.

I did not post map is simple, people often ask where to find this and that, never to acknowledge replies. Last I replied to some protein powder question, and the guy asking questions never replied to anybody, alltho several people helped him. So you forgive for not taking the time and posting Mr. Gee's card here, with a map on it.

Now that I see OP needs it, I'll PM the map to him.

Anything else, bahtboi?

Have you ordered any jewelry work there? Then you should know how insanely overpriced Gem Factory is.

Mr. Gee jewelry shop is right on the road, but the gem cutting shop on Beach Rd is hard to find, it is behind another shop. Hidden wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Here, R2 is 2nd Rd, R3 a 3rd Rd, as you can see jewelry shop is across from CAT building, easy to find.

He does not sell ready made stuff, he is strictly jewelre, gold and silver work. He does not cut gems, for that I'd do to small 'hidden' shop near Mikes on Beach Rd. And the gem cutter isn't hidden like a wizzard in a Harry Potter book lol, it just easy to overlook shopfront.

Just don't go to these factory outlets, they are places for bussed in Russian tourists and clueless visitors.

post-225090-0-93168900-1453893103_thumb.

post-225090-0-49954500-1453893120_thumb.

Hey guys I just answered a simple qestion on the OP and did not repeat the same business as asked. If the OP knew the gem factories were too expensive he should have mentioned it. I am not a misguided clueless tourist and bought "real" jewelry at the gem outlets before. Remember for the "real clueless tourist", Thailand is the real place to find you got scammed on glass and copper when you get back home. I don't think I paid insane prices for 18 carat, I based it on being the real deal and also when I got insurance valuation in the UK, still had a bargain compared to the 18 carat stuff you get there which has a much higher VAT as well on top....As for that map...looks like a lot of dead ends to me....

Hey guys I just answered a simple qestion on the OP and did not repeat the same business as asked. If the OP knew the gem factories were too expensive he should have mentioned it. I am not a misguided clueless tourist and bought "real" jewelry at the gem outlets before. Remember for the "real clueless tourist", Thailand is the real place to find you got scammed on glass and copper when you get back home. I don't think I paid insane prices for 18 carat, I based it on being the real deal and also when I got insurance valuation in the UK, still had a bargain compared to the 18 carat stuff you get there which has a much higher VAT as well on top....As for that map...looks like a lot of dead ends to me....

He asked for goldsmith for custom jewelry, and not where to purchase of one ring. One ring could be bought at any jewelry dealer here. It goes without saying that jewelry wearhouses should be avoided.

Map has 'dead ends'? Why do you care, map is not posted for you, and you prefer gem warehouses anyway. Besides, the only way to have every street fully shown would be to post map of the whole continent.

You advised OP go to one of those factory wearhouses for custom work, that is terrible advice! Small jeweler is what you need for custom jobs, you can watch him create your piece, have changes made if needed, you can't do any of it at wearhouse shops cos you never meet the actual craftsman, and if you are not happy with the job there is nothing you can do about it except order another one hoping it will turn out better.

Edited by whitemouse

Hi sandgroper2

I'm an American gemologist who has been in Thailand for 12 years. I spent years looking for a competent, trustworthy jeweler. I have been using the same lady from Chantaburi for the past 6 or 7 years. I'd be happy to give you her number. PM me.

This is not really helpful to the OP. How would you expect him to find Mr. Gee from that info. Really!!!

Yes, bahtboy, really! 3rd Rd and South Rd are main roads in Pattaya, its an intersection. And I expected maybe a PM or post asking for details if OP needs precise location.

I did not post map is simple, people often ask where to find this and that, never to acknowledge replies. Last I replied to some protein powder question, and the guy asking questions never replied to anybody, alltho several people helped him. So you forgive for not taking the time and posting Mr. Gee's card here, with a map on it.

Now that I see OP needs it, I'll PM the map to him.

Anything else, bahtboi?

Is it near a 7 11 ?

Here, R2 is 2nd Rd, R3 a 3rd Rd, as you can see jewelry shop is across from CAT building, easy to find.

He does not sell ready made stuff, he is strictly jewelre, gold and silver work. He does not cut gems, for that I'd do to small 'hidden' shop near Mikes on Beach Rd. And the gem cutter isn't hidden like a wizzard in a Harry Potter book lol, it just easy to overlook shopfront.

Just don't go to these factory outlets, they are places for bussed in Russian tourists and clueless visitors.

Clear as mud.

Hi sandgroper2

I'm an American gemologist who has been in Thailand for 12 years. I spent years looking for a competent, trustworthy jeweler. I have been using the same lady from Chantaburi for the past 6 or 7 years. I'd be happy to give you her number. PM me.

Too far away, thanks any way. Cant pm, my message folder is too fool and cant follow TV instructions to empty it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sandgroper2

Fore some reason, i cant pm u,pls pm, me , cheers.

This is whom I use: https://sites.google.com/site/goldsmithpattaya/our-work

They've done some complicated work for me.

Situated at Mikes Shopping Mall near Soi 12 on the Beach road.

is it in Mikes, pls can you be more specific, thanking you in advance.

The link has phone number and also link to location under Contact Us.

post-25153-0-46809700-1455343922_thumb.p

Edited by Rimmer

I went there with one large stone to get cut into 3 small stones,ended up with only 2 small stones. Work that out for yourself.

If you mean single piece(s) of jewelry, you can try Elle´s jewelry in Jomtien.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Elle%C2%B4s+Jewelry/@12.8798996,100.8935055,19.25z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xc1a5eafb1e8a5419?hl=en

But if you need to make big quantities, Bangkok is a place to go.

Thanks , ill check it out. For 3 small settings, prices ranged by a difference of 10000 bt, 22K from a jeweler on Beach road to 10500 from the place near Tucom.

I went there with one large stone to get cut into 3 small stones,ended up with only 2 small stones. Work that out for yourself.

Errmm.... what do you want me to work out?

I have no idea as to why you ended up with two. Maybe only two were possible?

If you mean single piece(s) of jewelry, you can try Elle´s jewelry in Jomtien.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Elle%C2%B4s+Jewelry/@12.8798996,100.8935055,19.25z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xc1a5eafb1e8a5419?hl=en

But if you need to make big quantities, Bangkok is a place to go.

Just been there, if you had told me about her a month ago i would have saved 30%. On a serious note, shes a lovely sheila and her price was unbeatable.Many thanks.

Edited by sandgroper2

Clear as mud.

Understand but no apart from shop gem cutter from Harry Potter not like hidden wizard, however CAT building easy to find but R2 is R2 D2 and R3 perhaps new movie and mention bussed Russian tourists not very good really