Pope receives Iran's President at Vatican with warm welcome and private meeting

webfact

Pope receives Iran's President at Vatican with warm welcome and private meeting

606x341_322392.jpg

ROME: -- Pope Francis welcomed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to the Vatican on Tuesday.

The two held a private talk that lasted 40 minutes.

They discussed ideas over addressing conflict in the Middle East and the need to combat terrorism, according to the Vatican.

Rouhani is on a trip to Europe, looking to usher in a new era of warmer ties – after years of crippling sanctions imposed by the West over Iran’s nuclear programme.

He is leading a 120-member delegation, that includes government ministers and business leaders, for the five days of meetings in Italy and France.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-27

" addressing conflict in the Middle East and the need to combat terrorism, according to the Vatican."

Dose the holly see knows that that he;s talking to the biggest and the most vile, terrorists

sponser and enabler in the world? and why all of a sudden Iran president become a welcome

person in the Vatican just because he signed a nuclear agreement with the US?

" addressing conflict in the Middle East and the need to combat terrorism, according to the Vatican."

Dose the holly see knows that that he;s talking to the biggest and the most vile, terrorists

sponser and enabler in the world? and why all of a sudden Iran president become a welcome

I am reasonably sure that the Holy See keeps the Pope abreast of the status of those visiting the Vatican. I don't think the Pope is particularly enamored with the US or it's Foreign policy. He certainly isn't a puppet for the US.

With sanctions being lifted, I think there is a push to get Iran back into the International Community in a positive and constructive manner.

There is a lot more to it than that.

Iran is becoming a force to be reckoned with both economically and politically in the Middle East.

They must be dealt with - and not by using the mindless propaganda tropes that pass for informed opinion.

I am reasonably sure that the Holy See keeps the Pope abreast of the status of those visiting the Vatican. I don't think the Pope is particularly enamored with the US or it's Foreign policy. He certainly isn't a puppet for the US.

With sanctions being lifted, I think there is a push to get Iran back into the International Community in a positive and constructive manner.

'I think there is a push to get Iran back into the International Community in a positive and constructive manner."

There are scores of young offenders on death row in Iran, and the authorities are continuing to sentence them to death, girls as young as nine can be sentenced to execution, for boys it's fifteen years old. Lets not talk about the gay people hanged in public for their horrid sins!

But yes the international community got Iran back in a positive and constructive manner, to start with Iran will buy 120 Airbus. coffee1.gif

'I think there is a push to get Iran back into the International Community in a positive and constructive manner."

There are scores of young offenders on death row in Iran, and the authorities are continuing to sentence them to death, girls as young as nine can be sentenced to execution, for boys it's fifteen years old. Lets not talk about the gay people hanged in public for their horrid sins!

But yes the international community got Iran back in a positive and constructive manner, to start with Iran will buy 120 Airbus. coffee1.gif

And the UK is telling someone to inform them 24 hours in advance of having sex, and the US has kids in isolation, and Saudi Arabia still beheads people, and the death penalty is used for all kinds of offences in China and there is slavery and huge amounts of human trafficking in Thailand.

The point is that until countries see themselves as a part of a larger community, they don't change. They still might not change, but they are much more likely to respond positively to pressure.

If the Pope had a spine he would have refused to see the Iranian president, or at the very least publicly mentioned the ongoing persecution of Christians in Iran.

What persecution? Iranian Christians who claim to be Christian and persecuted just lie in order to get asylum status in the west. Many are often Muslims that lie and call themselves Christians.

If the Pope had a spine he would have refused to see the Iranian president, or at the very least publicly mentioned the ongoing persecution of Christians in Iran.

What persecution? Iranian Christians who claim to be Christian and persecuted just lie in order to get asylum status in the west. Many are often Muslims that lie and call themselves Christians.

This persecution

http://www.dw.com/en/what-its-like-to-be-a-christian-in-iran/a-19002952

Feel free to research the source so you can play flat Earther by dismissing it.