Phitsanulok Bought 10 Tons Of Grasses To Help Agriculturists

Jai Dee

Phitsanulok bought 10 tons of grasses to help agriculturists

The Phitsanulok Provincial Administration Organization (PPAO) is urgently helping the flood-affected farmers who are not able to feed their farm animals by granting 10 tons of grass forages.

The PPAO chief, Mr. Thawatchai Kannaphan (ธวัชชัย กันนะพันธุ์), said the Livestock Office in his province has coordinated with PPAO in supporting a budget for purchasing forage grasses for agriculturists in the flood-hit districts of Bangrakam and Phromphiram.

Following the recent flood crisis, forage plantations have been inundated, and farm animals have not been fed consequently. However, farmers can now feed their cows and buffaloes with the granted forages.

The budget has been allocated to buy 10 tons of grass forages from the plantations in Muang District of Phitsanulok for the troubled agriculturists to feed their cows and buffaloes.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 19 October 2006

mmmmmmmmmm..... I was waiting for this.

Glad worked my but off the last 2 months to get or my forage cut and ensiled.

The cattle market prices are going to drop over this coming dry season as farmers start offloading stock they cant feed - before they start getting slim and they loose weight.

Theres a long hard winter coming for a lot of Isaan stock farmers and dairy herds.

Tim

ten tons??? 20 bales??? (our bales are 500 kilo +-) i use that much for 12 goats per year (not milkers, just pets and breeding)... figures dont work out right...for cows and buffalo, that seems not like much at all!

but would this be a good time to buy a decent cow (with or w/o long ears) pregnant even? how is korat area doing for forage and feed?? in the three weeks i will be there i was thinking (dumb thoughts) to buy a cow +1 or lpregnant and have sister (in law) take care of business end for us, she seems reliable up til now with finances and cows but recently sold hers to buy a car. if now is a good time and we can afford it, any price guessing?? or buy two calves (f) as hauling is easier....

i know, just dumb thoughts, i know what can go wrong etc just asking sort of outloud. we wont be around to deal with vet etc but still.....

bina

israel

BINA - wait a couple months - the prices of livestock are going to start dropping as the markets fill up with stock farmers cant support over the coming dry season - yes, it wil then be a buyers market so long as the buyer themselves has a decent forage stroe for the dry season.

Tim