Forum upgrade in progress! ×

STCW 2010

kbelyeu

TV,

I am currently needed to get my STCW 2010 (the STCW 95 has been replaced). I've contacted a few of the companies that allegedly offer this in Thailand but all I have been getting is the run around. The course is indeed offered at Falck in Johor Bahru but I would really like to do this at home in Thailand (Pattaya).

Does anyone know someone offering this course locally? I'm looking to do the course between March 7th-11th 2016.

Thanks!

Kurt

• 3 weeks later...

MOG/ MOGIT, Lam Chabang do it....

I did the 4 modules in 2014 which cost 67k baht (already had HUET done in Singapore).... the certs are still called STCW95 but are ok if done after 2010....

I was the only one on the course so fairly painful even thou i explained to the filipinio instructor that i had done the off-shore survival a few times ( hoping he would skip through it, but he did it very thoroughly :(..)......

the firefighting is pretty intense and I wouldn't recommend to go there with a hangover :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im doing mine end of the month (april) , doing it with galileo in phuket got 30 % discount when i contacted them as i am putting myself through the course

Total cost 43,000 baht which includes accom & 5 1/2 days course not too bad i thought

Im doing mine end of the month (april) , doing it with galileo in phuket got 30 % discount when i contacted them as i am putting myself through the course

Total cost 43,000 baht which includes accom & 5 1/2 days course not too bad i thought

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There are so many places doing stcw2010 in thailand. 

Off the top of my head:

Sail in asia (asia yacht crew operate out of same place) in phuket. Did mine here.

Galileo... never heard of them.

Gulf charters thailand (pattaya) been around awhile and i assume still operate.

Chemstar bangkok. This is certainly aimed at thais. Its like 8000 baht, probably in thai language only. Its also 8 days for some reason.

Falck bangkok... yea i never contacted these guys but it looks like they are aimed at rigs more than yachting so there may be a couple of modules you dont need to complete if working on a boat.

Mogit laem chabang.... also seems aimed at rigs. As above

The first and third ones are IYT course providers. If you go to the iyt website its easy to find a list of providers in thailand. I say this as i thonk there are 1 or 2 other i cannot remember that are listed there.

• 1 month later...

Ok Completed my STCW 2010 at MOGIT in LaemChabang couple months back, certs seem to be in order according to one of the captains I worked with who is partner in a centre with the bridge simulators in UK, Training at MOGIT is done under the Liberian flag registry, which is a recognised member state

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 1 month later...

Just to be clear,

If you intend working in Thailand in the marine or offshore oil and gas industries there is only one approved supplier of STCW10 training in Thailand, offering the Liberian flag state approval (White listed country, accepted world wide) and that is Wild Geese Solutions Thailand Co.Ltd, who, in partnership with MOGIT deliver the training at either Songkhla or Laemchabang. If you train with any of the other providers you will not be permitted to work in Thailand (or work at your own risk). 

Those of you needing the certs for work overseas by all means do your training with the other providers but understand that most certs issued are NOT recognised world wide. We are the only IMO approved and Liberian flag state approved provider in Thailand and all of our instructors are native English speakers.

I should mention the IYT course I did at sail in asia phuket is recognised world wide.

Also the STCW the Thai Marine School in Minburi runs is also recognised worldwide but certainly aimed at Thais. This is purely in regard to yachting. For rigs probably different. Also Australia is an exception and do not recognise the above.

I should mention the IYT course I did at sail in asia phuket is recognised world wide.
Also the STCW the Thai Marine School in Minburi runs is also recognised worldwide but certainly aimed at Thais. This is purely in regard to yachting. For rigs probably different. Also Australia is an exception and do not recognise the above.

Yes, for oil and gas we do BOSIET (OPITO) or T-BOSIET versions. I normally do mine at MOGIT.

Archived