How to make a DVD or USB stick with YouTube clips.

KhunHeineken

I would like to make a DVD or a USB stick with memorable sporting moments that are taken off YouTube. I would prefer to use a USB stick if possible.

Things like that that final goal in extra time to win the premiership, or that lucky knockout punch by the underdog, or that motor car or bike duel on the last lap to win the race, or that 6 off the last ball to win the match, or some olympic sporting moments. Maybe also some favorite scenes from various movies.

I can easily view any of these short highlight clips on YouTube, and I know how to download them.

What I don't know is how to make them continually play, one after the other, on a DVD, or USB stick, like a movie, so I can press "play" and sit back and watch, and also how to add to the full length play list as new sporting moments of interest happen.

Does it involve editing software?

I'm just a computer novice, so if it's too difficult, I will not worry about it.

If it can be done, any advice, in simple terms, would be appreciated.

**** This is not for commercial use. I do not own a bar here. It's for personal use only. ****

Use VLC and add them to a Playlist.

Ok. I could do that, and then run a HDMI cable from the computer to the TV, or maybe use VLC on an Android TV stick and save the playlist somewhere on it, but I was hoping to burn it to a DVD or a USB stick and play it straight from the TV's USB port or DVD player and then use the TV's remote control, just like you would watch a movie.

This would also be more portable as I could play it on any TV without the use of a computer, or without having to set up my own.

Edited by KhunHeineken

Hi, if you want to download complete clip from youtube, then there are many websites converting videos to MP4 (such as http://www.clipconverter.cc) - just google "youtube video download" and try. Of course it will download full length of the clip. If you want only a part, then you need to get some editing software. Once you have the videos on USB, then usually TV or video players on PC can play them continuously by playlist.

Doesn't sound like downloading them is the problem. He's talking about being able to play them in a particular sequence.

Yes, no problem searching YouTube for a clip and then downloading it. I just don't know how to save it and then have the file continuously play clip after clip until the end.

Doesn't sound like downloading them is the problem. He's talking about being able to play them in a particular sequence.

Yes, no problem searching YouTube for a clip and then downloading it. I just don't know how to save it and then have the file continuously play clip after clip until the end.

Not sure what you mean about saving it. If you want to put it on a USB stick you just right click on the file and hit "send to" and then choose the stick and press OK.

Not sure what you mean about saving it. If you want to put it on a USB stick you just right click on the file and hit "send to" and then choose the stick and press OK.

Sorry. I know how to download and save them. No problem at all.

What I meant was, I don't know how to save them on a DVD, or preferably a USB stick, so they play continuously without having to manually select each clip to play.

Basically, I would like to plug in a USB stick in to any TV, anywhere, anytime, without the need for WiFi, press / click on play just once, and all the YouTube clips will play continuously until the end.

If you have windows 7 or 8 on your pc, you have access to the 'Windows essentials' Suite. This includes a free program called 'Movie Maker', which you can load all your clips into. You can then edit them, join them all together as one movie file and save them.

Easy to use? Yes...my son (12) has been using it for school projects, using video clips and photos to make a movie trailer!

Just had a quick play around with "Movie Maker" seems you just need to load your clips one after the other and then save the lot as one clip.

Don't just click on the save icon top left, this will save as a "Movie Maker Project" and not much good for playing anywhere else. Click on the drop down menu and save movie as what ever you want.

If you want to give your clips a professional look, under the Animations menu there are various options to fade your clips into each other. Plus various other tools to jazz up your clips.

smile.png

Thanks for all the replies.

I have downloaded Windows Movie Maker and watched a couple of YouTube tutorials on it. It looks simple enough and it looks like it can do the job. I'll have a go it in when I get some spare time and see if it works.

I'll leave the thread running because another member might recommend some other similar software or another method of doing it.

@ Daffy D and James T

Do you know if it only plays in Windows Media Player, or other media players as well?

I think you need to download videos from youtube, load to usb-flash sort videos on PC or something and after connect to TV. It going to be okay.

Would the quality of Youtube videos be good enough to watch on a TV?

It's just for a bit of fun with some expat friends over a beer.

It's only to watch some of my country's famous sporting victory highlights, or some memorable highlights of domestic sport.

It's not for a serious presentation and will not be used for commercial purposes. It doesn't have to be in HD. In fact, flat screen TV's were not even invented when most of the sporting clips that I will be loading up happened. :) They are not of today's standard, but still good enough to watch. After reading your post, I looked up a couple of very old clips. They were in black and white TV. They were still ok to watch.

Some of the matches, myself and my friends we in the crowd. I am sure it will bring back good memories.

I will expand the playlist to include moments before my time, right up to the present. I'll probably also make a playlist of great movie scenes as well.

Everyone has done it with music, I was just thinking of something a little different.

I might throw a post up on Facebook so friends and family can nominate their most favorite sporting moment, so the playlist is not just all the sports and moments I like.

Why not just drag all the files you want to play into VLC and then save playlist to a m3u text file? Edit the file with a text editor to rearrange in future if need be.

He has repeated that he wants to stick a USB stick into the TV and play a continuous reel made up of many clips, so VLC is no use.

If his TV is anything like mine a solution that is at least possible is to give the files the same name and a number , for example clip-1.mp4, clip-2.mp4 and so on. My TV, ( a non-smart two year old Samsung flat screen) sees these as parts of the same video and will play them all without break continuously in numerical order until the last one.

Worth a try.

Yes, My Samsung smart flatscreen will play files one after the other irrespective of the filename, just plays them as they are on the thumb drive in alphabetical order.

The thing is there is a delay between files as one ends and the next one loads before playing. Not a biggie but maybe not what the OP wants.

But no help if his TV won't do that whistling.gif

Have fallen asleep a few times while watching one movie only to wake up later in the middle of another movie and wondering what happened to the story line w00t.gif

Edited by Daffy D

Yes, My Samsung smart flatscreen will play files one after the other irrespective of the filename, just plays them as they are on the thumb drive in alphabetical order.

The thing is there is a delay between files as one ends and the next one loads before playing. Not a biggie but maybe not what the OP wants.

But no help if his TV won't do that whistling.gif

Have fallen asleep a few times while watching one movie only to wake up later in the middle of another movie and wondering what happened to the story line w00t.gif

But when the files have the same name it's pretty well instantaneous, on my TV at least, less than 1 second gap...these are video programs that have been split into say, three portions, downloaded as segments from Dailymotion, for example, and are really played as if they were one file.

I don't know if this is because of the way they have been split or because of the naming though-I rename them as I described...

Why not just drag all the files you want to play into VLC and then save playlist to a m3u text file? Edit the file with a text editor to rearrange in future if need be.

He has repeated that he wants to stick a USB stick into the TV and play a continuous reel made up of many clips, so VLC is no use.

If his TV is anything like mine a solution that is at least possible is to give the files the same name and a number , for example clip-1.mp4, clip-2.mp4 and so on. My TV, ( a non-smart two year old Samsung flat screen) sees these as parts of the same video and will play them all without break continuously in numerical order until the last one.

Worth a try.

Yes, could be worth a try. Depends on the TV capabilities if o/p just wants to plug in a USB drive on any TV.