CTH and now GMMZ problems

Chiengmaijoe

All I need is the Premier League, so having had a billing problem, like thousands of others with CTH, I bought two new boxes and switched to GMMZ . Last weekend one of the boxes stopped showing the premier League (I'm told the other one will cease soon when the bill cycle ends) and had a message saying to call a number. My son rang and was told that there is a contract problem between CTH and Grammy which will hopefully be resolved soon, but in the meantime we should contact CTH. The problem with that is that CTH is impossible to contact as they have thousands of people calling them, and only 1 number, plus of course, they no longer have an agent in Chiang Mai since they ceased using WETV as a service agent.

Does anyone know anymore about what is going on between CTH and Grammy, as I haven't seen anything in the news?

I'm not interested in hearing about ILIKEHD, or other systems that are basically illegal, and I don't want to buy any more boxes, as I hear it is almost certain that Truevisions will have the premier league next season.

By the way, I still have my CTH boxes and dish, as well as the two GMMZ boxes.

GMM is going out of DTH business by all accounts and to continue you must obtain CTH receivers and a a paid program from them. CMM is currently asking everyone to contact them to record address and make choice of new box/program or a refund on current program. Have not seen any report of actual refund or obtaining new equipment yet - and reports are paid programs are only available on Ku band after Feb 6.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/885184-gmm-z-pay-tv-package-termination-service-ending-message/?p=10288968#entry10288968

I did the two months for 700 thb inc. install about 18 months ago with WeTV. After the install they told me I needed a box with a deposit and monthly fee to get a proper signal. They were terminated as soon as the two months was up. Glad I went with my beer-gut feeling, because the masses of dissatisfied customers are apparently of epic proportions. Not a big soccer fan, but the EPL is about the best thing going at a lot of the Thai bars...are they having problems too?

Edited by bangmai

I did the two months for 700 thb inc. install about 18 months ago with WeTV. After the install they told me I needed a box with a deposit and monthly fee to get a proper signal. They were terminated as soon as the two months was up. Glad I went with my beer-gut feeling, because the masses of dissatisfied customers are apparently of epic proportions. Not a big soccer fan, but the EPL is about the best thing going at a lot of the Thai bars...are they having problems too?

Because of it having a different pay cycle I have one box still working, but by all accounts it all disappears on the 2nd Feb. I still have my old CTH boxes, but the big problem is that they think I owe them money when I don't AND there is no agent in Chiang Mai anyway.

If you have a good internet connection buy a Android box, and then download ilikeHd app, for 450 baht a month for the UKTV with sports package you will get all the football and other sports and loads of English tv.

Buy a good quality box, I have a Minix neo x8 plus and it works excellent.

If you have a good internet connection buy a Android box, and then download ilikeHd app, for 450 baht a month for the UKTV with sports package you will get all the football and other sports and loads of English tv.

Which bit did you not understand?

"I'm not interested in hearing about ILIKEHD, or other systems that are basically illegal, and I don't want to buy any more boxes, as I hear it is almost certain that Truevisions will have the premier league next season."

I moved on to Internet TV after so many problems with CTH. We sent back the box & a request that they come & retrieve the dish + our deposit. That was 5 months ago. We still get bills for a service we haven't got despite numerous emails.

A lot of people are unable to get good internet and therefore have to put up with the Satellite service providers.

There is a thread already running on GMMZ as mentioned by Lopburi3

Edited by Linesy

"I'm not interested in hearing about ILIKEHD, or other systems that are basically illegal, and I don't want to buy any more boxes, as I hear it is almost certain that Truevisions will have the premier league next season."

I've been trying to find out more as to who will be showing EPL in Thailand from August, but can't see anything apart from the news of the winning bids last year, when BeIn /Aljazeera was talked about.

I've got Truevisions and CTH and would like to stop the latter in May. Does anyone have anything definite (a link) to say what's going to happen?

If you have a good internet connection you may consider this supplier:

www.365sport.tv

We switched to a combination of 365sport.t and Expat TV through a Minix box, delighted with channels and service.

If you have a problem they will email you back within minutes.

Worth checking web sites.

Re CTH, I like apparently thousands of others, have received a demand for so-called unpaid bills. Interesting they sent out these demands one year and 11 months late, when the legal limit is two years!! They wanted about 7000 from me, I found old receipts for all but about 1500 so paid that and emailed them the receipts and a letter explaining my calculations. I had to send the email four times as it kept coming back as undeliverable. That was in November. They still bill me every month for the balance and disconnect my service when it isn't paid. I spend hours contacting them and they re-instate the service.

We have now reported the matter to the NBTC (from memory - my wife did it) and they are taking it up with CTH. I imagine that once the PL season ends the company will lose 90 percent of its business, as there is certainly no other reason to use such an unprofessional and shambolic company that has still, after months, not responded to correspondence.

When the Bein deal was announced there was talk of them possibly negotiating with TrueVisions, but I've seen nothing since. At least Bein is a highly professional and international outfit,

It is clear, though, that the PL don't give a rat's fart who buys the service as long as PL gets the money. Why else sign with a bunch of cowboys like CTH?

Probably a little harsh to someone trying to help but didn't read your post thoroughly. CTH are an apalling company to deal with and probably going to get worse as they lose the EPL to Truevisions next season. If you're adamant about not going with Internet source looks like you'll have to buy CTH box until rest of the season with associated costs including installation,and I doubt you'll get your deposit back when you will be amongst thousands giving them up in May. My friend in Samui just ditched them after terrible experience and is delighted with ilikehd. I'm stuck with them (although luckily so far no recent issues) and would switch in an instant if it weren't that I'm in the sticks somewhat with an dedicated AIS SIM card signal in my mifi that I don't think is enough speed for me to enjoy Internet tv. You don't say why you're against it (apart from saying you think it's illegal) but would be interested to hear why if you have good internet? I'll probably switch to Truevisions at end of season but have heard horror stories about them also,so based on the new demand they'll get it would be wise to expect typically Thai terrible customer service

Re CTH, I like apparently thousands of others, have received a demand for so-called unpaid bills. Interesting they sent out these demands one year and 11 months late, when the legal limit is two years!! They wanted about 7000 from me, I found old receipts for all but about 1500 so paid that and emailed them the receipts and a letter explaining my calculations. I had to send the email four times as it kept coming back as undeliverable. That was in November. They still bill me every month for the balance and disconnect my service when it isn't paid. I spend hours contacting them and they re-instate the service.

We have now reported the matter to the NBTC (from memory - my wife did it) and they are taking it up with CTH. I imagine that once the PL season ends the company will lose 90 percent of its business, as there is certainly no other reason to use such an unprofessional and shambolic company that has still, after months, not responded to correspondence.

When the Bein deal was announced there was talk of them possibly negotiating with TrueVisions, but I've seen nothing since. At least Bein is a highly professional and international outfit,

It is clear, though, that the PL don't give a rat's fart who buys the service as long as PL gets the money. Why else sign with a bunch of cowboys like CTH?

Cth cut my service off about a year and half ago with us owing about 2 months payments.

It was in our spare room but every few months I would switch it on to see if we had a signal or it had been cut off. Never got any signal so took it they had cut us off.

Since then we have had bills every months and now owe about 25,000 bht according to them !!

Frankly they can sing for it as far as im concerned !!

Probably a little harsh to someone trying to help but didn't read your post thoroughly. CTH are an apalling company to deal with and probably going to get worse as they lose the EPL to Truevisions next season. If you're adamant about not going with Internet source looks like you'll have to buy CTH box until rest of the season with associated costs including installation,and I doubt you'll get your deposit back when you will be amongst thousands giving them up in May. My friend in Samui just ditched them after terrible experience and is delighted with ilikehd. I'm stuck with them (although luckily so far no recent issues) and would switch in an instant if it weren't that I'm in the sticks somewhat with an dedicated AIS SIM card signal in my mifi that I don't think is enough speed for me to enjoy Internet tv. You don't say why you're against it (apart from saying you think it's illegal) but would be interested to hear why if you have good internet? I'll probably switch to Truevisions at end of season but have heard horror stories about them also,so based on the new demand they'll get it would be wise to expect typically Thai terrible customer service

I have two CTH boxes and a dish, and two True boxes and a dish, but I have no idea how to get CTH sorted in Chiang Mai since they kicked WETV out, and the one phone number they have in BKK is continually busy. I also had an issue with CTH sending me bills for services I'd paid for, which probably wouldn't help even if someone could set it up for me.

Since there are only 4 months of the season left I would prefer to use what I have, and since I have a business and want a reliable service, I'd prefer it to be legal and not dependent on the internet. I have a good internet set-up, but it is often busy with customers using it, so adding another devoted line would be yet another expense for the sake of 4 months of the remaining season. I'm also not convinced that the internet would be totally reliable. I would hate to be having buffering and other nonsense whilst a big game is on.

Boonchu's reply deserves further investigation, I think.

I haven't looked in a while, but I think you can watch sports with 800 Kbps. Considering I just tested Sinet at 17 Mbps on their lowest cost plan, it should be fine, I think setting up a Ramboost usb will cut down on buffering issues, if you don't have more than 2 GB of ram. Nothing illegal about Ilikehd...however, showing any of that stuff in a public place can put you in a grey area, and possibly ripe for extortion.

I haven't looked in a while, but I think you can watch sports with 800 Kbps. Considering I just tested Sinet at 17 Mbps on their lowest cost plan, it should be fine, I think setting up a Ramboost usb will cut down on buffering issues, if you don't have more than 2 GB of ram. Nothing illegal about Ilikehd...however, showing any of that stuff in a public place can put you in a grey area, and possibly ripe for extortion.

"Nothing illegal about Ilikehd"

So they pay a royalty to CTH or another legal franchisee or to the Prem direct, for every new customer they pick up in Thailand, do they*? Happy to hear that this is so or some other evidence of legality as these types of provider may be a last resort in the next few months (currenty getting my second and third years free from CTH but that could stop at any minute. But, maybe your statement is wishful thinking.

Of course it's pretty d_mn unlikely that CTH or the Prem would come knocking!

* or a fixed lump sum for rights to the same would work as well of course.

"Nothing illegal about Ilikehd"

So they pay a royalty to CTH or another legal franchisee or to the Prem direct, for every new customer they pick up in Thailand, do they*? Happy to hear that this is so or some other evidence of legality as these types of provider may be a last resort in the next few months (currenty getting my second and third years free from CTH but that could stop at any minute. But, maybe your statement is wishful thinking.

Of course it's pretty d_mn unlikely that CTH or the Prem would come knocking!

* or a fixed lump sum for rights to the same would work as well of course.

When faced with the ever ridiculous options of pay TV here in Thailand ,I sleep peacefully in my bed each night after watching I likehd day and night at a fraction of the cost of these other bunch of bandits.

It shall be a sad day when,which eventually it will end due to theft,loss of earnings etc is taken up,that may well be in about 5 years time but until then I shall continue with Internet subscriptions.

Let them fight it out in court.

Apparently, from the 6th of Feb Grammy/GMM will no longer be showing the EPL. Since CTH have no office in Chiang Mai and are uncontactable by phone, and since I didn't pay their fictitious outstanding bill, my two old CTH boxes are basically useless. My son's friend's father is getting me a new CTH box (from PSI?) and hopefully connecting it to my old CTH dish and getting me a monthly account to cover the next 4 months of EPL. If all things go well I will have EPL at the weekend.

If anyone wants a couple of GMMZ boxes, hardly used, at a discount let me know. You will need a dish and you can pay at 7/11 monthly for whichever package you need.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe