5 month FD....2.0% APR.

bangmai

That's if you are a Preferred Customer (more than 1 million THB). Otherwise 1.8%...and their regular savings pays 1.5% if over 100K, and 1.8 if over 1 million. 12 month is 1.9% for everyone, and they also have a 2.15% for persons over 55, which the lady at AP Plaza said foreigner could do....I have a few doubts, and I'm not 55, so perhaps someone should check into that further. This is CIMB, and it is right next door to Krungsri, which is paying 1.7%, without with-holdings, but you still need the 100K minimum, and it might even be less over 1 million. CIMB only charge 100 thb for a letter to Immigration.......still Krungsri offers the simplest and most straightforward way to take care of your 800K, or whatever, but if you want to do a little more legwork; you can maximize your gains at CIMB. Both have very competent and courteous staffs/managers. I regularly use them both, and as I get towards the seasoning period, choose one or the other for the 800K. And as for the looks.....neither place appears to hire fat girls, but I will give a slight edge to Krungsri, but mostly because there are more of them.