Huge Police Operation Tonight

cigar7

Walked by the Beach Road police station tonight. At 11pm there were 100-200 police outside the station, all lined-up in rows, and 15-20 police vehicles parked along the road. Also, between Royal Garden and Walking street, along beach road, multiple immigration police vehicles with about 20 police and volunteer police. One policeman asked me if my GF was with me. I said yes, and we both walked away quickly. Got down to Pattaya Klang and Beach Road, 2 more police pickup trucks, one filled with motor bikes, and the guys had the orange cones piled-up and a Police checkpoint sign, ready to setup and block the road.

Anybody know what's happening with all the police?

Edited by cigar7

I went for a look-see along Beach Rd ladt night at about 9. Got stopped at the checkpoint, but all papers were in order, so was (gruffly) moved on. It seemed to be a bigger checkpoint than normal - although I don't go along Beach Rd much - I mean for Pattaya in general.

I went for a look-see along Beach Rd ladt night at about 9. Got stopped at the checkpoint, but all papers were in order, so was (gruffly) moved on. It seemed to be a bigger checkpoint than normal - although I don't go along Beach Rd much - I mean for Pattaya in general.

Did you have your actual passport or was a copy OK?

I çame down from BKK this evening on the 1600 Bell Bus from the airport after a day in BKK and there were loads of police at every exit, no matter how small, after the toll station. This continued to the motorway junction at Nakluea when the direction of the police veered left. All white gloves and loads of flags on the mortorway. Important visitor I believe.

I çame down from BKK this evening on the 1600 Bell Bus from the airport after a day in BKK and there were loads of police at every exit, no matter how small, after the toll station. This continued to the motorway junction at Nakluea when the direction of the police veered left. All white gloves and loads of flags on the mortorway. Important visitor I believe.

Ahh, that might explain the traffic stoppage coming off the Tollway at Chonburi at around 18.30 tonight.

Coming back from Bangkok and just exited the toll booth and after about 50m looked down upon a sea of red brake lights. That lasted for about 20-30mins - no movement at all. Once we got going again no sign of any accident so guessed that it was the usual nonsense.

Just made a long day - driving to and from Mahidol University via the ring road - even longermad.gif Think I will use the Motorway next time.

Did you have your actual passport or was a copy OK?

I handed over my Thai car and motorcycle licences, showed my registration sticker (I don't have it attached to my bike) - that was it. The cop didn't ask to see my passport.

If more and more and more police and checkpoints etc. at some point it gets negative enough to not induce tourists to come. I don't particularly like being stopped every couple of sois or every time I am out walking about. That just isn't something I fly half way around the world to experience on a daily basis

yes they knew i was comming

Never been stopped when walking.... Are they doing that now?

Yes, the night I originally posted. My GF and I, at about 10pm walked from the 7/11 (between royal garden and walking street) across beach road to the beach side. We shared a bottle of water, and carried a bag of 2 fruit drinks. The BIB looked at us, then asked me if my GF was with me. I said yes, and then the policeman turned away, and looked for the next person to question. I heard they were removing all loose women from the beach road.

Got stopped in my car on Soi Country Club near the Venue last night at about 1.45 am. Was asked where I had been and where I was going, and then asked to show my driving Licence. The police man spoke excellent English and was polite. Sent me on my way with a smile.

This was the biggest road block I've seen on Soi Country Club in the last 13 years.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Edited by mike100

Got stopped in my car on Soi Country Club near the Venue last night at about 1.45 am. Was asked where I had been and where I was going, and then asked to show my driving Licence. The police man spoke excellent English and was polite. Sent me on my way with a smile.

This was the biggest road block I've seen on Soi Country Club in the last 13 years.

Obviously he was surprised at stopping a Falang at 1.45 am who wasn't p*ssed!!!!!!

Obviously he was surprised at stopping a Falang at 1.45 am who wasn't p*ssed!!!!!!

How do you know the Falang wasn't p*ssed?