BRV walkaround

Unusual car. Narrow but v long cabin with a short bonnet. Surprising amount of space, even in the second row -I think these can slide back. The driving position is low down, more Jazz than HRV. Interior is basic but well built and functional. Not a pretty car with its over sized windows and out of proportion looks but still manages to have that Honda premium look.

I think I'm right in that this model was originally launched in Indonesia and aimed at large Muslim families. Plenty of people at Central Rama 2 having a look.

post-246870-14541497463412_thumb.jpgpost-246870-14541497645073_thumb.jpgpost-246870-14541497846392_thumb.jpgpost-246870-14541498313069_thumb.jpg

post-246870-14541497996947_thumb.jpg

post-246870-14541498114518_thumb.jpg

post-246870-14541498422381_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cook my sock

i saw it at honda this week and as a male of average height, i dont even think i could fit in the back. It's really small. Plus the big window will make it harder to cool down, less safe in a crash. Biggest negative is that it looks awful, especially without the super expensive paint job you see there. Kind of a crappy engine too for 7 people, really need e85 for that extra torque

I bought one of the first "mini-SUVs" on the market in Thailand, the Ecosport, based on the Fiesta platform. I suppose the BRV will be classified as a "micro-SUV," but 7 seats??? I don't see how you could do that based on the Ecosport, and the BRV is considerably smaller, based on the Brio. I would love to see 7 fat people pile out of one of those.

Kinda like those old days when they piled a bunch of students stuffed into a VW beetle and filmed it.

Price: 820 thousand??? What are they smoking over there at Honda?

I don't see how it could be based on a brio - looks like a larger chassis to me. At least it doesn't have the equally ugly mobilio's dash out of the brio. This brv is a bit of a mishmash. You may notice even the steering wheel between the 5-seat and 7-seat is different. Correct...what r they smoking at honda now?...don't want no part of that DELETED laugh.png

Edited by seedy
language

I don't see how it could be based on a brio - looks like a larger chassis to me. At least it doesn't have the equally ugly mobilio's dash out of the brio. This brv is a bit of a mishmash. You may notice even the steering wheel between the 5-seat and 7-seat is different. Correct...what r they smoking at honda now?...don't want no part of that laugh.png

Well it is.

I don't suppose you can see that HR-V is a jacked up Jazz either.

Both are horribly overpriced.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Just got to love picture 2.

BR-V

How brave are we ?

ugly at its best, makes the 'Freed' look good

Thai/Japanese marketing agencies at their best.

First Delphys with Fortuner, legend of the pride. Now Hakuhodo, How brave are we...

Also in Indonesia, the Ertiga will pretty much remain No. 1 in this segment. Excellent dealer network, better options, and they just launched a revised Ertiga with 9" touch screen...

Just got to love picture 2.

BR-V

How brave are we ?

ugly at its best, makes the 'Freed' look good

Thai/Japanese marketing agencies at their best.

First Delphys with Fortuner, legend of the pride. Now Hakuhodo, How brave are we...

Honda are very brave indeed.

Selling dull cars with a big dealer network and lots of advertising clearly was not challenging enough, (even Toyota can do it).

Lets see if the same approach work for more aesthetically challenged appliances. coffee1.gif

I don't see how it could be based on a brio - looks like a larger chassis to me. At least it doesn't have the equally ugly mobilio's dash out of the brio. This brv is a bit of a mishmash. You may notice even the steering wheel between the 5-seat and 7-seat is different. Correct...what r they smoking at honda now?...don't want no part of that laugh.png

Well it is.

I don't suppose you can see that HR-V is a jacked up Jazz either.

Both are horribly overpriced.

The brio is much small in all dimensions than the brv. There's no way it is based on brio. Likewise, the jazz is smaller than the hr-v. The hr-v is closer to the honda civic in size.

Just Honda continuing on their quest to build the world's ugliest car...and with this newest model, they are well on their way...just a few more model updates and new models and I'm sure they'll have something surpassing the infamous Pontiac Aztek. clap2.gif

For those of you who never had the pleasure...I present for your viewing esthetic enjoyment the Aztek:

post-167660-0-30783200-1454312370_thumb.

post-167660-0-88136700-1454312381_thumb.

On second thought, they may already be there laugh.png

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I thought Honda were just switching to a global platform concept for the civic HB. Just as it already exists for the Jazz (Jazz in the UK = same Jazz platform elsewhere).

If the new Civic will be based on the same platform as the Jazz then I call it a huge achievement for Honda.

• 2 weeks later...