90 days with Tourist visa

Hi,

I`m planning to stay 90 days in Thailand with a 1x entry Tourist visa and extending it once for 30 days in Bangkok. How is the process to really get the full 90 days? Do I have to go to Immigration for the extension on the last day (day 60) of the tourist visa? Or can I go for the extension any day during my stay? How many weeks before my travel begins should I apply for the tourist visa?

Also, I would start my trip with a 60 day visa and a return ticket 90 days ahead - will this be a problem at Immigration or with the airline?

Thanks in advance.

You can apply for the 30 day extension a couple of weeks early and loose no days because the extension starts from the end of the 60 day entry.

Remember the date you arrive is day one of the 60 days.

You visa will be valid for entry 3 months from the date issue. You can apply as early as you want to but no more than 3 months before your planned entry.

Immigration nor the airline will care what your departure date is. If you have a visa a return or onward ticket is not required.

Some embassies want to see a ticket out of the country when you apply for the visa. If they do want one you should check to see if they will accept one 90 days from arrival.

• You have up to the last day to apply for an extension of stay, but it's best to apply a few days early (within 7 days or 14 at some offices).

The extension of stay will start from the day after the original 60 days expires regardless of how early you apply. So nothing is lost applying early.

The visa is valid for 3 months from the issue date and will be stamped with an 'enter before' date. You can enter Thailand on or before the 'enter before' date and will receive a 60 day stay. So you can apply anytime within 3 months of the date you will enter Thailand.

Neither immigration or the airline will be concerned about the return ticket. Only the embassy/consulate might when issuing the visa depending on their criteria for issuing the visa.