Nuts and bolts Pattaya

chang14

I have been to many hardware places from Rayong to Pattaya. But I find they are very limited on stock choice.

Can anyone recommend a place in Pattaya with more choice.

Just a mm bigger than the one in the picture post-247349-14542502416931_thumb.jpg

I think I need 7mm

I don't think you have been to every hardware store between Pattaya and Rayong, because you would have passed Hardwarehouse in either Baan Amphur or on the highway 36 15 km before Rayong, as they have about every size you can dream about in the kind of bolt in the picture.

They will have it in metric and inches.

Edited by TheCruncher

I don't think you have been to every hardware store between Pattaya and Rayong, because you would have passed Hardwarehouse in either Baan Amphur or on the highway 36 15 km before Rayong, as they have about every size you can dream about in the kind of bolt in the picture.

They will have it in metric and inches.

Hardwarehouse has a great assortment if you need multiples of them. Alternately, if only looking for an odd 2 or 3, try Santi Hardware opposite Foodland on Klang. It's a gold mine for just about everything else DIY as well.

PS. The ones you are looking for are (luckily) just inside the main entrance just opposite the cashiers desk.

Edited by NanLaew

I don't think 7 is very common, usually even numbers.

Perhaps it's 1/4"...

M7 is certainly not a standard size, if we start looking at imperial the floodgates open, a myriad of pitches and thread angles some of which 'fit' but may pull out under stress.

To our OP. Is the hole into which it must fit portable? Best to take the hole along to a store who have loose screws so they can find one that will fit.

Its either 6mm or 8mm or 1/4" or 5/15" and its a cap screw not a bolt, there not normaly stocked in your everyday hardware, its most probably metric but take it with you normaly engineering suppliers stock cap screws and there also normaly tempered (hardened).

I don't think 7 is very common, usually even numbers.

Perhaps it's 1/4"...

M7 is certainly not a standard size, if we start looking at imperial the floodgates open, a myriad of pitches and thread angles some of which 'fit' but may pull out under stress.

To our OP. Is the hole into which it must fit portable? Best to take the hole along to a store who have loose screws so they can find one that will fit.

Taking it with him is a good idea, but he needs to be careful as (it has been my experience) they will often sell you anything, and don't seem to have much of a feel for how a thread should fit.

1/4-20 is pretty popular, even on Chinese imports.

OP: What does it go to?

Hardware shop in Trepprasit Rd on the left inbetween soi Kopai and the petrol garage, they stock all sizes, I rebuilt a motorbike years ago and bought all the new nuts and bolts from there.

smile.png

I use this place too, they've got standard mild steel and also plenty of stainless which I use quite a bit.

Down Sukhumvit Rd going to Na Jomtien there is a place on the right side (Little Thai shop) just before Thaiwatsadu. You have to drive down further and do a 'U' turn and come back past Thaiwatsadu, slow down before the pedestrian overbridge and you will see it. They have tools in the window....and inside they have a good selection of fasteners....and tools!

The daughter speaks good English, if she is home from uni she will work in the shop. I have bought quite a few items there!