Chromebook in Chiang Mai?

whereswendyd

Hello, I am currently traveling around Thailand and my current device is having issues and I would like to buy a new Chromebook. I am currently in Korat but have not been able to find one and everybody acts like they do not even know what a Chromebook is.

I will be in Chiang Mai soon, so does anybody know if I can buy one in Chiang Mai, and if so, where would that be and what is an approximate price?

I know I can order one from Amazon.com and have it shipped, but the shipping/customs adds on an extra $120 USD (approx). I also saw that I can order one online in Thailand, but it makes me nervous that I cannot read most of the description because it is in Thai. The other problem is that we are traveling around and do not have a physical address and I am nervous about having something this expensive shipped to the post office. That is why I would prefer to buy it in person if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Check out Aliexpress, it's the new Ebay/Amazon combined. If you let them ship it with normal mail, they wont charge you customs/tax. Just avoid the couriers like DHL, FedEx, UPS... EMS mostly is ok too.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Chromixium, a Google OS themed version of Ubuntu. Changing its name to CUB because Google got upset.

Benefits of Chrome OS and support of Ubuntu.

Been meaning to have a play with some of those new distros.. I got my mum on Chrome and frankly its perfect for her.