Get your Roti while you can

mamborobert

"The group fears that the construction will have many negative effects on the area, including pollution, waste management and social conflict between the majority Buddhist population and the Islamic practices involved with Halal food preparation."

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/communities-protest-building-halal-industrial-estate-chiang-mai/

My understanding is they are against the industrial scale halalfood production and all that involves, keep in mind that anything not haram is halal... that is most non animal foods so Roti is not affected, though that bright yellow "butter" they fry them in looks very suspect to me, I pass on them.

My understanding is they are against the industrial scale halalfood production and all that involves, keep in mind that anything not haram is halal... that is most non animal foods so Roti is not affected, though that bright yellow "butter" they fry them in looks very suspect to me, I pass on them.

Yes I fail to see the connection between the Roti carts on the street and the articles.

Just another troll post. I wonder how far this one will go.

Yes I fail to see the connection between the Roti carts on the street and the articles.

Just another troll post. I wonder how far this one will go.

Will probably end up being the longest post in the history of TV. Can we get to 1000 plus replies??

They yellow butter is ghee....clarified butter. Look it up it is esential in Indian Cooking.

They yellow butter is ghee....clarified butter. Look it up it is esential in Indian Cooking.
i know ghee that aint it, probably some hydrogenated palm oil fake butter.

Ghee is butter oil. Not solid at normal Thai temperatures.

"The new meeting held has collated signed documents that will be submitted to the Chiang Mai Governor, expressing the group’s standpoint against the building of a Halal Industrial Estate anywhere in Chiang Mai." I think it's clear from this sentence that this is just about anti-Islamic prejudice. I mean, nowhere in all of Chiang Mai is there a suitable site? Really?

"The new meeting held has collated signed documents that will be submitted to the Chiang Mai Governor, expressing the groups standpoint against the building of a Halal Industrial Estate anywhere in Chiang Mai." I think it's clear from this sentence that this is just about anti-Islamic prejudice. I mean, nowhere in all of Chiang Mai is there a suitable site? Really?[/size]
Probably correct but understandable as there are not too many muslems in CM at present and they have been here generations, they seem to respect diversity and don't make problems. Halal food industial growth would require people to move here from the south and with Asean, maybe from Malaysia and Indo. that would only go one way... shudder.

I am only guessing here as I don't know anything about this project but in the past 10 years gulf countries like Kuwait, UAE etc have been investing in agriculture(land) in Thailand to secure food supplies for the future. This halal factory set up may have Arab backers and the produce is for export to Abu Dhabi or wherever.

Archived