U.S. Embassy in Bangkok, notary service for affidavit of income.

I was at the U.S. embassy today, complained that they changed the rules and only provided notary service from 7:30 to 9:00 which required an overnight stay in BKK to get there in time and I was told it was changing in March 2016.

I'm assuming they're reverting to doing it later in the day again but didn't get any details.

If you're going in March to have anything notarized, I'd email them first.

Just to be sure they're not just doing it from 7:30 to 7:45...

Edited by Guitar God
  • Like 1

They changed to 7:30 to 9:00 in January and for this month for notary services. For March they are available form 9:15 to 10:45 and passports are 7:30 to 9:00.

I know they got at least one complaint about the hours and I am sure there were others. Perhaps that is why they changed them for March since it was to late for this month.

FYI for birth registration are the only ones done at 1 pm.

They do trips to Pattaya and other places for services to every 3 months. Check their web site for time dates and places. Pattays next visit is this coming Friday the 5th of Feb.

• Friday, February 5, 2016, Pattaya
  • Friday, February 19, 2016, Khon Kaen
  • Friday, February 26, 2016, Phuket
  • Friday, May 6, 2016, Pattaya
  • Friday, May 13, 2016, Udorn
  • Friday, May 27, 2016, Phuket
  • Friday, August 5, 2016, Pattaya
  • Friday, August 19, 2016, Khon Kaen
  • Friday, August 26, 2016, Phuket
  • Friday, October 28, 2016, Pattaya
  • Friday, November 4, 2016, Udorn
  • Friday, November 18, 2016, Phuket
  • Like 1

Not everybody lives at or near where one of the outreach locations are done at. I think many people are aware of the outreaches but they are not practical for them.

Khon Kaen is the nearest one for me. I have found it to be less of a problem for me to go to Bangkok instead.

I just recently discovered that no afternoon appointments were available. I emailed ACS and they responded almost immediately that they were more than willing to accommodate people coming from a long way and to make the appointment on line first then email them the info and the request for an afternoon time they they can comply with the request and manually change the time to an afternoon slot.

I have not done this but only post what the ACS person wrote to me.

I emailed a few days ago and asked for confirmation of the available times, explained I lived a ways from Bangkok, couldn't possibly catch a flight early enough to get there even for their latest (9:00) appointment and received no offer to accommodate me. I just received the same form letter that someone else posted here last week saying

"Thank you for the feedback. Yes, our notary services are only available in the morning. I’m sorry the person you spoke with was dissatisfied with the appointment scheduling. We are working out a new system and it is helpful to have your perspective. We will take that into account as we continue to find the best system for our customers and staff.

All the best,

ENW"