Leaving ACs on timer for extended vacation

kokesaat

I'm expecting to return to the US for an extended period of time. I want to keep my ACs on timers mostly to keep humidity levels from causing mold/mildew. I have Daikin inverters, about 3 years old. Unfortunately, the timer has to be reset anytime there is a power outage. We live in a village, so it's not uncommon to have a short power outage, especially when there's a storm.

Does anyone know of a workaround to the timer/power outage problem?.....other than having someone constantly checking our home?

Why not just get a mechanical timer wired in to each unit. If a power outage occurs, it just stops ticking over and resumes when power comes back on. I have ehaust fans at my beach house which serve the same purpose and have functioned for years.

im871.jpg

Sorry can't insert image properly, options don't seem to be available in chrome for Android.

I would use an electronic version of the timer liked to by HooHaa, they don't forget the time during a power failure so would be more suited to regular cuts.

You'll need units that can handle 3kW or so for the average A/C.

You'll also need someone who knows what they're doing to connect it all up.

BUT Do check that your aircon comes back on when the power is resumed ...

Archived