Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

Ebay is switching to new dashboard and metrics this month. There is a new metric for Late delivery - you should check your metrics now.

Yes you lose Top Rated Seller at 4% of Transaction late, it is more forgiving now with cases opened etc (as long as you resolve)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the Mid January stuff that seems a worry now, this is item sent 18th Jan

January 19, 2016

13:34:05 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received January 19, 2016

14:46:18 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

And not showing on UK Tracking at all after 18 days, got loads like this

Jeezz, <deleted> is going on ?

Nothing i posted on Jan 4th has arrived in the UK, I think some airmail posted after the 14th is now getting through...

We had to give a few refunds from the 4th, then they suddenly started showing 24 days after sending!!! but quite a few never showed

January 5, 2016
13:24:57 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received January 5, 2016
14:13:39 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE January 28, 2016
17:07:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept January 29, 2016
16:30-17:59 Great Britain (DE 1) Delivery Status Successful

We had to give a few refunds from the 4th, then they suddenly started showing 24 days after sending!!! but quite a few never showed

January 5, 2016

13:24:57 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received January 5, 2016

14:13:39 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE January 28, 2016

17:07:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept January 29, 2016

16:30-17:59 Great Britain (DE 1) Delivery Status Successful

So its literally a lottery at the moment, so frustrating :(

Yep, same here too.

Everything i posted from 18th Jan onwards just showing as outward bound from the airport.

Everything from 4th Jan-14 Jan(which was the last day i posted prior to 18th) took 20+ days (started arriving the week commencing Jan 25th).

Conspiracy Theory....maybe they're holding everything back to coincide with the new ebay defects so sellers in Asia get booted off. Wonder if China are having the same issues?....also, did the real Paul McCartney die and get replaced. LOL

Yep, same here too.

Everything i posted from 18th Jan onwards just showing as outward bound from the airport.

Everything from 4th Jan-14 Jan(which was the last day i posted prior to 18th) took 20+ days (started arriving the week commencing Jan 25th).

Conspiracy Theory....maybe they're holding everything back to coincide with the new ebay defects so sellers in Asia get booted off. Wonder if China are having the same issues?....also, did the real Paul McCartney die and get replaced. LOL

It could just be a simple explanation as a backlog and they're working through it, I bet Paul MaCartney was glad to see the back of 2015...

Yep, same here too.

It could just be a simple explanation as a backlog and they're working through it, I bet Paul MaCartney was glad to see the back of 2015...

I bet Paul McCartney's glad he doesn't sell on E-Bay :)

Yep, same here too.

I bet Paul McCartney's glad he doesn't sell on E-Bay smile.png

Ive no doubt ! haha :)

Just checked my tracking numbers for the 600th+ time this week.....seems packages from Jan 18th to Jan 25th are now showing as accept in GB

Sunday morning Royal Mail miracle?.....or perhaps RM has given weekend jobs to all those Syrian migrants to get through the backlog? LOL

Either way, bit it's a bit of hope for everyone.

Just checked my tracking numbers for the 600th+ time this week.....seems packages from Jan 18th to Jan 25th are now showing as accept in GB

Sunday morning Royal Mail miracle?.....or perhaps RM has given weekend jobs to all those Syrian migrants to get through the backlog? LOL

Yep...I had 4 days worth of UK tracked all appear accepted into UK with a few hours Gap in between, the problem is some of them things are 22 days since sending!!

It almost seems Thai post are stacking the mail up to fill a plane or something??

DHL are being called tomorrow they have an ecommerce service

You guys considered consolidation? Seems to me that if there are a number of you, all sending items to the UK regularly, send them all together in one box, then get then re-posted individually on arrival in the UK.

Feaseable ?

You guys considered consolidation? Seems to me that if there are a number of you, all sending items to the UK regularly, send them all together in one box, then get then re-posted individually on arrival in the UK.

Feaseable ?

For those selling online I think it would be a good idea. Use a fulfillment centre in the UK, it's a pound or so extra I'd think, but you can raise your price on eBay since it's a UK seller listing as far as anyone knows. Send a huge box full of stock and let them deal with it. People will always pay more for the quicker/non-abroad delivery, I know I always did on eBay. I'm not too sure if it makes sense since I don't dabble online much, but if you're doing that then you'll also be legal (assuming you're not at the mo)? Since all you're doing is just sending stuff to the UK from your side, it sells in the UK, pays to your UK bank, gets delivered by a UK company and so on? You're not doing anything work related from Thailand, just incase.

Can you tell me more about DHL ecommerce service ? Thank you.

Yep...I had 4 days worth of UK tracked all appear accepted into UK with a few hours Gap in between, the problem is some of them things are 22 days since sending!!

It almost seems Thai post are stacking the mail up to fill a plane or something??

Feaseable ?

For those selling online I think it would be a good idea. Use a fulfillment centre in the UK, it's a pound or so extra I'd think, but you can raise your price on eBay since it's a UK seller listing as far as anyone knows. Send a huge box full of stock and let them deal with it. People will always pay more for the quicker/non-abroad delivery, I know I always did on eBay. I'm not too sure if it makes sense since I don't dabble online much, but if you're doing that then you'll also be legal (assuming you're not at the mo)? Since all you're doing is just sending stuff to the UK from your side, it sells in the UK, pays to your UK bank, gets delivered by a UK company and so on? You're not doing anything work related from Thailand, just incase.

I don't think many sellers know about fullfillment centres, which is a shame. Take a look at these guys on the link I post. Is their product better than anything I could buy (and sell) at a fraction of the price in LoS, I doubt it. But the story is good (ebay can't give you that) and more importantly the customer gets the goods in days not weeks. I know that if I'm looking to buy stuff on ebay then mostly I will tick the UK only box. OK I get it if you're just trying to tick over but then you will always be at the vagaries of the postal system.

https://www.shopify.ca/success-stories/one-tribe-apparel?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=stories&ad_signup=true

Can you tell me more about DHL ecommerce service ? Thank you.

http://www.dhl.co.th/en/ecommerce.html

was sent this, sound about right

HOW OFTEN ARE MAIL CONTAINERS SHIPPED FROM THAILAND Mail containers are shipped to Europe and US every week or every 2 weeks from Thai international Suvarnabhumi Airport because they need to be full before being put in the plane. So if you have bad luck and containers have just left the country when your letters reach Bangkok airport they will have to wait 1 or 2 weeks before being shipped. This is why some parcels and letters can arrive in Europe or US quickly and some others can take a very long time. Also, if you have very bad luck it is possible that airport and post office employees forgot 1 parcel (your parcel!) that was waiting near the container and then it means that this parcel that was there for already 2 weeks will have to wait 2 more weeks before being shipped, this explaining why some parcels take a very very long time to be delivered abroad.

was sent this, sound about right

HOW OFTEN ARE MAIL CONTAINERS SHIPPED FROM THAILAND Mail containers are shipped to Europe and US every week or every 2 weeks from Thai international Suvarnabhumi Airport because they need to be full before being put in the plane. So if you have bad luck and containers have just left the country when your letters reach Bangkok airport they will have to wait 1 or 2 weeks before being shipped. This is why some parcels and letters can arrive in Europe or US quickly and some others can take a very long time. Also, if you have very bad luck it is possible that airport and post office employees forgot 1 parcel (your parcel!) that was waiting near the container and then it means that this parcel that was there for already 2 weeks will have to wait 2 more weeks before being shipped, this explaining why some parcels take a very very long time to be delivered abroad.

Well, sounds about right for what's been happening so far this year.

Stuff from 4th-15th Jan all arriving on 25th.

Stuff from 17th-25th Jan all arriving on 6th Feb

Pretty much exactly 3 weeks to day interval.

Doesn't explain why the last 5 years (since i've been sending anyway) have been very fast.

Is this a new thing for 2016?

Also what is your source for the info?

I contacted Royal Mail over the weekend & got this reply from today regarding any additional delays etc..

Thank you for contacting Royal Mail.

Upon entry into the country, there are many checks that are in place including being examined by the UK Boarder Agency. These checks can add delays of up to one week on inbound items. At present, we are unaware on any additional delays.

If it is that the items are not delivered within 25 working days from the date of posting, we recommend that you contact your own postal administration in Thailand with the posting details. We have a Universal Postal Agreement with all our international partners, which means all enquiries and claims relating to international mail must be initiated by the senders in the country of origin. Please see the Universal Postal Union's website at www.upu.int for further details regarding this.

Where applicable, the postal administration in the item's country of origin will liaise with Royal Mail to investigate the loss. They will then respond to you directly, just as soon as their enquiries are complete.

I hope you have found this information useful and that this explanation resolves your enquiry. Please accept my apologies, once again, for any inconvenience caused and if there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards

Totally useless reply they sent you....

Just as when my customers contact their post office where public employees who care nothing but their salary just know nothing and are not interested to know more.... (but still stupid customers trust the nonsense replies that they get there)

I contacted Royal Mail over the weekend & got this reply from today regarding any additional delays etc..

Thank you for contacting Royal Mail.

Upon entry into the country, there are many checks that are in place including being examined by the UK Boarder Agency. These checks can add delays of up to one week on inbound items. At present, we are unaware on any additional delays.

If it is that the items are not delivered within 25 working days from the date of posting, we recommend that you contact your own postal administration in Thailand with the posting details. We have a Universal Postal Agreement with all our international partners, which means all enquiries and claims relating to international mail must be initiated by the senders in the country of origin. Please see the Universal Postal Union's website at www.upu.int for further details regarding this.

Where applicable, the postal administration in the item's country of origin will liaise with Royal Mail to investigate the loss. They will then respond to you directly, just as soon as their enquiries are complete.

I hope you have found this information useful and that this explanation resolves your enquiry. Please accept my apologies, once again, for any inconvenience caused and if there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards

I concur 100% with OP and my friend also has the same problem. All post to UK via small parcels either very late or not arriving at all. I send non brand. UK used to be 7-14 days with the occasional hiccup. Now, 30 days plus seems to be the norm. I don't believe it is UK PO for one minute.