Photographs for TM7 and TM8 forms

You will need one 4 X 6 cm photo attached to the application form.

The TM7 and TM8 forms both say this. I assumed that this would be passport size but, when I measure my passport photos, I find they are 3½ cms x 4½ cms.

Is 4 x 6 strictly enforced, please, or will my passport photos suffice?

The official requirement is there, 4x6 cm. How strictly individual immigration offices and individual immigration officers enforce this is difficult to say but to avoid possible problems it is best to have photos of the required size.

Incidentally, the forms do not ask for passport size photos, which would anyway not be a precise measure, as different countries use different sizes and, with the arrival of the electronic passport, most countries no longer ask you to bring your own photos.

At one time stating a passport size photo was correct because most passports required a 2 X 2 inch which is wider than the 4 X 6 cm requirement. But since many countries now use a 3.5 X 4.5 photo it is not correct.

If the photo is not equal to or slightly larger than the space shown on the form for the photo it will not be accepted.

At one time stating a passport size photo was correct because most passports required a 2 X 2 inch which is wider than the 4 X 6 cm requirement. But since many countries now use a 3.5 X 4.5 photo it is not correct.

If the photo is not equal to or slightly larger than the space shown on the form for the photo it will not be accepted.

So a standard "head & shoulders" photo sitting centrally in and slightly overlapping the box on the TM7, is OK?

By the way, do they care if you present a TM7 on 1 sheet of paper, printed on both sides, or 2 separate sheets for pages 1 and 2?

Edited by VBF

So a standard "head & shoulders" photo sitting centrally in and slightly overlapping the box on the TM7, is OK?

By the way, do they care if you present a TM7 on 1 sheet of paper, printed on both sides, or 2 separate sheets for pages 1 and 2?

The TM7 should be printed double sided.

Photos should be as ubonjoe suggested.

Nonsense the TM 7 does not have to be double sided,I've never done that I've always had two pages.

Nonsense the TM 7 does not have to be double sided,I've never done that I've always had two pages.

Can you state which immigration office(s) accept TM7 forms printed on two sheets of paper ?

The office I use (Phuket) will not.

Background of passport photo can be either white or blue?

Thanks.

I believe it is only CM which insist on a blue background only.

Does that mean I have to take 2 times of photo? One with white background (visa application) and another with blue background (in cnx)? Oh dear..

Thanks.

Does that mean I have to take 2 times of photo? One with white background (visa application) and another with blue background (in cnx)? Oh dear..

Not sure what you are asking about. You could use a photo with a blue background for both applications.

Thanks.

Not sure what you are asking about. You could use a photo with a blue background for both applications.
post-216113-14544682372502_thumb.jpg

Application for visa form- stated requires white background.

You did say where you were applying for the visa at. If applying at an embassy or consulate they would have different requirements than Chiang Mai immigration.

You should note though that on the visa application form it asks for a 3.5 X 4.5 photo and immigration wants a 4 X 6 cm photo.

Most immigration offices don't care what color the background is but do want it to be the correct size.

• Like 1

You did say where you were applying for the visa at. If applying at an embassy or consulate they would have different requirements than Chiang Mai immigration.

You should note though that on yhe visa application form it asks for a 3.5 X 4.5 photo and immigration wants a 4 X 6 cm photo.

Most immigration offices don't care what color the background is but do want it to be the correct size.

Attached is the relevant area of the TM7 I downloaded and propose to use at Jomtien.

As you say UJ, no mention of colour just size, so from your post #4 above would you think I'll be OK with my pictures that JUST overlap the marked area and have a white background. I've got some more, slightly smaller with a brown-ish background so I'll take both and let them decide. Hopefully if I'm polite one or the other will suffice.wai2.gif

What was YOUR take on the TM7 printed single or double-sided?

post-30368-0-32837400-1454469905_thumb.j

Edited by VBF

You should note though that on yhe visa application form it asks for a 3.5 X 4.5 photo and immigration wants a 4 X 6 cm photo.

Attached is the relevant area of the TM7 I downloaded and propose to use at Jomtien.

As you say UJ, no mention of colour just size, so from your post #4 above would you think I'll be OK with my pictures that JUST overlap the marked area and have a white background. I've got some more, slightly smaller with a brown-ish background so I'll take both and let them decide. Hopefully if I'm polite one or the other will suffice.wai2.gif

If can be bigger or equal to the marked area but not smaller. Bigger of course does not mean huge. The background color you mentioned.will be OK.

The TM7 form needs to printed two sided. I think at the majority of offices they would not accept it printed on two sheets. The page for downloads on the immigration website states this at the bottom of the page."Note: In case of any 2-pages form, please print out in one paper(front and back page" http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

There are posters who mentioned that Chiang Mai immigration requires blue background for photo. Is that true? If that's the case I'll need to take 2 times of passport photos.

Did you read this post I did.

You should note though that on the visa application form it asks for a 3.5 X 4.5 photo and immigration wants a 4 X 6 cm photo.

If can be bigger or equal to the marked area but not smaller. Bigger of course does not mean huge. The background color you mentioned.will be OK.

The TM7 form needs to printed two sided. I think at the majority of offices they would not accept it printed on two sheets. The page for downloads on the immigration website states this at the bottom of the page."Note: In case of any 2-pages form, please print out in one paper(front and back page" http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Thanks again UbonJoe - that link was where I got my TM7 and I failed to notice the instruction(!), but I printed in BOTH styles, just in case! (If in doubt, assume the worst!) My pics sound OK so I'm all set.

Cheers! VBF

There are posters who mentioned that Chiang Mai immigration requires blue background for photo. Is that true? If that's the case I'll need to take 2 times of passport photos.

Did you read this post I did.

Noted thanks UbonJoe!