Thai govt's total assets worth about 6.6 trillion baht

webfact

Government's total assets worth about 6.6 trillion baht

0102007-1-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government’s assets at the end of 2015 fiscal year amounted to 6.6 trillion baht, according to the Comptroller’s Department.

The assets include 10.35 million rai of land worth about 3.8 trillion baht accounting for 57 percent of the assets, state investments in 62 state enterprises worth about 1.7 trillion baht and 450 billion baht in reserve fund.

On the liabilities side, the government has debts totaling 4.6 trillion baht of which 4.2 trillion baht are loans in the form of government bonds.

During the 2015 fiscal year, Comptroller’s Department reported that the government’s overall revenues totalled 2.1 trillion baht representing an increase of 6 percent from the revenues of the preceding fiscal year.

The revenues include 470 billion baht increase in excise tax and 260 billion baht increase in commercial revenues.

Government expenditures were 270 billion baht higher than revenues 93 percent of which were budgetary expenditures.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149055

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-02

450 billion in reserve fund , a fund that is slowly shrinking, given away for the rice , rubber , water ,

i wish the monies given would change the stubbornness , take off the blinkers and to be able to embrace change , that is so sorely needed,

They would have much more in real assets if it weren't for the rampant corruptions, stealing

and thieving by the very same people who suppose to safeguard those assets....

Stealing can take many forms. Some can be in the form of bailing out corporates using taxes and govt debts.

A lttle more worrying than I thought.

Land values are volatile and if a countries people are not in a possition to buy the land and pay the price values they are worthless.

State enterprises also seem to have both over inflated balance sheedts and at least underperforming executives.

Which government in the world is the largest net debtor - with liabilities more than asset?

i have no idea
The one with the statue of a lady holding a torch and facing Europe...

Oh say can you see?

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/leslie-cuadra/2011/08/31/list-of-worlds-largest-creditor-and-debtor-nations

What would be really interesting is the value of Thai military-owned assets. It apparently owns land separate from Thai government ownership for which its has the right to develop, including resources. And I doubt the military would concede civilian government ownership of all its weapon systems, bases and facilities just because taxpayer funds were used to provide such things.

What would be really interesting is the value of Thai military-owned assets. It apparently owns land separate from Thai government ownership for which its has the right to develop, including resources. And I doubt the military would concede civilian government ownership of all its weapon systems, bases and facilities just because taxpayer funds were used to provide such things.

I recall twice the US government ran out of money to pay for the running of the government. They could have sold a couple of aircraft carriers and submarines to China. But they didn't. I wonder why...

Which government in the world is the largest net debtor - with liabilities more than asset?

This is called Thailand news not American news, so who cares.

Such news need a measuring ruler, in this case, Thailand's position in the world.

Greece, Japan... and quite a few more...

Though Japan government has high debts, their net position is still positive, with assets being higher than liabilities.

Whether you're an individual, a company, or a government, debt is (and always will be) the cheapest form of equity.

With the obvious proviso that the cash generated from the use of the debt should be more than the debt servicing costs.

In other words, don't borrow to consume. Borrow to invest or improve productivity.

Read my quote from gold ol' Oscar below. thumbsup.gif

Whether you're an individual, a company, or a government, debt is (and always will be) the cheapest form of equity.

With the obvious proviso that the cash generated from the use of the debt should be more than the debt servicing costs.

In other words, don't borrow to consume. Borrow to invest or improve productivity.

Read my quote from gold ol' Oscar below. thumbsup.gif

In other words, self-financing...

Hmmm... Where have I heard this term before? ?

i have no idea
The one with the statue of a lady holding a torch and facing Europe...

It has been said that if the USA called in all the money that other countries owed it, and the other countries did the same for the money the USA owes them, the USA would be bankrupt

Edited by gandalf12

Yes ,but only around 200 billion Baht in REAL money : GOLD.

I suspect that in the event of complete social breakdown, toilet paper will be more valuable (by weight) than gold. blink.pngblink.png

No it isn't .... this is Thailand . We have the bumgun ! The Venezuelans could learn a lot from Thailand.

The ultimate would be a golden bumgun...