Travel Insurance for North America

sanuk21

I am travelling to Japan and US in July and am now shopping for comprehensive travel insurance as I understand medical expenses in those countries can be very high.

Most Thai companies seem to offer a max of 5 million baht for medical cover (Pacific Cross 7.5 million baht)

Coverage offered for residents of western countries by western companies seems to be either 1 million USD or unlimited.

Does anyone know any local Thai companies offering better coverage? Or a suitable alternative? or am I just being overly concerned?

"Most Thai companies seem to offer a max of 5 million baht for medical cover (Pacific Cross 7.5 million baht)"

If you look at the information properly you will see 2 limits

1. medical expenses;

2. emergency medical services.

The latter one is the important one and is for Thai companies in the equivalent of 1 million US$ area.

i don't know of any Thai companies offering it, but when i go to the States i just get the Travels insurance available through my credit when i do the ticket booking or by the airline itself, its normally good for 60 days

Booking through Singapore Airlines I get offered Thai AIG(5Mbaht limit). With my western credit card, travel insurance is only for travel from and return to my home country not Thailand.....

"Most Thai companies seem to offer a max of 5 million baht for medical cover (Pacific Cross 7.5 million baht)"

If you look at the information properly you will see 2 limits

1. medical expenses;

2. emergency medical services.

The latter one is the important one and is for Thai companies in the equivalent of 1 million US$ area.

Reading the fine print their definition of Emergency Medical Services is repatriation.......as far as I can see it does not include medical expenses....

My last 2 trips, abroad I used World Nomads Travel Insurance ( travel in Canada and Netherlands ) from Thailand.

They have the 5 Million USD coverage.

https://www.worldnomads.com/

Thanks for your reply.....sorry I omitted that I am 68 years old........this company has an age limit of 65.

Thanks to let me know....I will be 65 soon... I used AXA THailand and BUPA Thailand travel insurance in the past . I know the coverage is not that much but I will use them again when I am over 65.