Multi B To Marriage Visa

I have a WP and a Multi Entry B Visa. My wife is Thai. My questions are:

1. I am about to resign from my current job. Can I appy for an O Type Visa based on being married to a Thai without having to leave the country?

2. I do not have a fixed income coming into Thailand every month (40k new rules 1 Oct 06). I do have plenty of funds in my Thai account. What can I do to prove I have the finance to support my wife ?

Thank you in advance for any help here. :o

1. I am about to resign from my current job. Can I appy for an O Type Visa based on being married to a Thai without having to leave the country?

Yes. However if this is a multi-entry, no need. If it's a extension of stay based on business, then you have 7 days to change the visa or leave the country.

2. I do not have a fixed income coming into Thailand every month (40k new rules 1 Oct 06). I do have plenty of funds in my Thai account. What can I do to prove I have the finance to support my wife ?

You can get a change to a non -O before Nov 15th for 90 days.

However you or your wife needs to show 40K salary per month to get the extension of stay based on marriage in 90 days. Having funds in the bank does not work (as you did not have an extension of stay prior to Oct. 1st.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks Lopburi 3 & Sunbelt Asia.

Looks like I will have to ask my wife to work. Crazy though if you have funds already in a Thai Bank Account.

Yes. However if this is a multi-entry, no need. If it's a extension of stay based on business, then you have 7 days to change the visa or leave the country.

However you or your wife needs to show 40K salary per month to get the extension of stay based on marriage in 90 days. Having funds in the bank does not work (as you did not have an extension of stay prior to Oct. 1st.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sunbelt, if say the wife manage to get a new job, just started and it shows 40k monthly salary, does it work ? The question is it is a new job.

Thanks

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sunbelt, if say the wife manage to get a new job, just started and it shows 40k monthly salary, does it work ? The question is it is a new job.

Thanks

Only if its been for three months. However you can always try writing a letter and explaing why she don't have three months of PND 1.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Only if its been for three months. However you can always try writing a letter and explaing why she don't have three months of PND 1.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Three months is quite a while to wait especially as the resignation is very soon.

Can I still go to Penang and obtain a 1 year muti entry O Visa and use that until my wife has completed 3 months employment ?

Three months is quite a while to wait especially as the resignation is very soon.

Can I still go to Penang and obtain a 1 year muti entry O Visa and use that until my wife has completed 3 months employment ?

Why get a one year? Just get a 90 day "o" visa and then do the extension.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Single entry only from Penang. Believe Singapore and perhaps KL may still provide multi. But if your B visa is still valid make a trip with that and get those 90 days (or multi trips if still valid) before you need the new visa.

Why get a one year? Just get a 90 day "o" visa and then do the extension.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sorry Sunbelt brain dead at the moment. What is the latest paperwork required?

Thanks for all your well explained replies by the way :o

What is the latest paperwork required?

List of Documents for Non-Immigration Visa type O

at the EMBASSY / CONSULATE

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

Remark : Please Bring all Originals and copies

List of Documents for Marriage Visa (Extension of stay based on marriage)

You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or proof of this Thai income by you or your wife with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

5.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

6.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

7.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

8.If working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well if working in Thailand.

9. Photos of your wife clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of your wife and you sitting on a living room sofa and pictures of the wedding. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

10. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

11. A valid passport

12.If married overseas, the marriage certificate must be certified at the local Embassy of the country where the marriage took place, and it must be translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This must then by certified by the District Office where the Thai spouse has their household registration.

13. If granted the extension of stay prior to 1st Oct 2006, the applicant can use the option of 400,000 Baht in the bank.

Thanks for all your well explained replies by the way :o

You are welcome.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

12.If married overseas, the marriage certificate must be certified at the local Embassy of the country where the marriage took place, and it must be translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This must then by certified by the District Office where the Thai spouse has their household registration.

Thank you, Sunbelt, for the update. :o

1. Re #12, can it just be the copy of Kor Ror 22 and my foreign marriage certificate or do we have to go through the whole process of getting yet another translation and registration at the MoFA again? I have heard different things regarding this.

2. Will they ask to see a bank statement or letter if we are applying after October 1st?

Cheers!

Thank you, Sunbelt, for the update. :o

You are welcome.

1. Re #12, can it just be the copy of Kor Ror 22 and my foreign marriage certificate or do we have to go through the whole process of getting yet another translation and registration at the MoFA again? I have heard different things regarding this.

Copy of Kor Ror 22 and marriage certificate is fine.

2. Will they ask to see a bank statement or letter if we are applying after October 1st?

In most cases no. Only if you are changing the visa and are using a letter from a Embassy for the income criteria. If you are showing proof that the Embassy letter is legit by the bank acct, then you need the letter from the bank and passbook.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

My current visa is an extention of stay. I have been with the company for nearly 3 years. When I resign can I get a 3 month O type visa based on marriage here in Thailand or do I have to leave the country. As I understand if my WP is cancelled my current visa is also cancelled after 7 x days.

I am a little confused at the moment. Sunbelt/Lopburi 3 you guys know the gen please advise.

My current visa is an extention of stay. I have been with the company for nearly 3 years. When I resign can I get a 3 month O type visa based on marriage here in Thailand or do I have to leave the country. As I understand if my WP is cancelled my current visa is also cancelled after 7 x days.

I am a little confused at the moment. Sunbelt/Lopburi 3 you guys know the gen please advise.

You apply for a 60 day extension under 7.23 of the National Police Office Order No. 606/2006 in the 7 day period, not the extension of stay based on 7.17 ( as you would not qualify, as you no longer have a work permit and it's a previous income in Thailand)

The 7.23 criteria is

(1) Have evidence affirming the relationship and,

(2) In case of the marriage couple, the spouse shall have the both practical and legal relationship

The List of Required Documents are

1.Application form

2.Copy of applicant’s passport

3.Copy of Household registration

4.Copy of the Thai national’s ID Card

5.Copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate

As you can see, no income requirement exist but the permission shall be granted only one time with the granted period not exceeding 60 days. You then have 60 days to get the work permit for the new job and proof of income.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You apply for a 60 day extension under 7.23 of the National Police Office Order No. 606/2006 in the 7 day period, not the extension of stay based on 7.17 ( as you would not qualify, as you no longer have a work permit and it's a previous income in Thailand)

The 7.23 criteria is

(1) Have evidence affirming the relationship and,

(2) In case of the marriage couple, the spouse shall have the both practical and legal relationship

The List of Required Documents are

1.Application form

2.Copy of applicant’s passport

3.Copy of Household registration

4.Copy of the Thai national’s ID Card

5.Copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate

As you can see, no income requirement exist but the permission shall be granted only one time with the granted period not exceeding 60 days. You then have 60 days to get the work permit for the new job and proof of income.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks once again. I will follow this route as I do not have to leave the country. Is it a simple produre and do I just go to immigration complete paperwork, pay the fee there and thats it?

Thanks once again. I will follow this route as I do not have to leave the country. Is it a simple produre and do I just go to immigration complete paperwork, pay the fee there and thats it?

Far from simple as a number of the Immigration officers are not aware of this 7.23 and need to be educated about this new extension.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Far from simple as a number of the Immigration officers are not aware of this 7.23 and need to be educated about this new extension.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Can you do this for me? What are your fees please.