Thai people praised for helping family of Russian beggars

webfact

Thai people praised for helping family of Russian beggars

rub.jpg

KRABI:-- Thai people have been praised for their generosity after coming to the aid of a Russian family in southern Thailand.

The family, which include husband and wife, along with their two year old son and five year old daughter, have been photographed walking in Krabi with a sign written in Thai attached to their backpack which reads: “Our family want to go to Phuket but we have no money”.

In seeing the plight of the Russians, Thai people have donated water, food and even offered them transportation, reports local media in Krabi.

The family are apparently staying in the kingdom for three months and wanted to experience the ‘real Thailand’ and decided to walk from Satun to Trang and then onto Krabi when they started to run low on funds.

The family, who have been camping on the roadside and using public or communal toilets, now plan to continue their journey to Phuket.

Speaking to highway police who spotted them on the side of the road and were concerned for their safety, Mrs Maria, 27, praised the Thai people who had helped her family

Source: Sanook News

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-03

Absolute morons,risking the safety and welfare of their young children,firstly by walking along some of the most dangerous roads in the world,and secondly relying on handouts and enduring incredibly hot temperatures without even the aid of a basic hat for the children at least.

I've seem some stupid people in my time but these pair really take the biscuit.

...beggars...???

...were they beggars in Russia....did they beg their way to Thailand....???

...maybe there is an explanation....

...so many people have come here and for whatever reason ended up in the streets.....

...sometimes their own fault...sometimes the fault of others....

...an 'adventure'....'an adventure gone wrong'.....???

...once upon a time a journalist would investigate a story.....

.....foreigners....Russians...beggars........

...gee thanks.......

I'd hate to see any of these posters down on their luck. Russia is pretty grim at most times and especially this time of year. The kids are probably having the time of their lives. The happiest time in my life as a child was living in a logging camp cabin one summer catching trout for breakfast, riding horses, using chainsaws, having to use the out house, not having electricity and fetching water from a hand pump and bucket up the hill. We lived rough and went camping, hopping fences eating fresh corn from the fields. Nothing is certain but life on the cheap in Thailand can't be any worse than Moscow and being poor. The kids will always remember this adventure.

I'd hate to see any of these posters down on their luck. Russia is pretty grim at most times and especially this time of year. The kids are probably having the time of their lives. The happiest time in my life as a child was living in a logging camp cabin one summer catching trout for breakfast, riding horses, using chainsaws, having to use the out house, not having electricity and fetching water from a hand pump and bucket up the hill. We lived rough and went camping, hopping fences eating fresh corn from the fields. Nothing is certain but life on the cheap in Thailand can't be any worse than Moscow and being poor. The kids will always remember this adventure.

I agree,but Thailand's interprovincial bus services are relatively safe,certainly safer than walking highways.

They are very cheap and regular as are the railways,also living if you wish to do so Thai style can be done on a very low budget.

Why come here and traipse about with young children of this age on such dangerous roads ?

They could obviously afford the airfare to get here so they must have recourse to some money etc.

I am all for people travelling and living in a nomadic style but Thailand is not the place to do so.

They have lost all common sense,would they do the same in Russia in the middle of winter,I doubt it very much.

"Farang bad but we still help them". Second or third article in a month. Pure propaganda. Disgusting.

Would not be surprised if they were either paid to hold that sign or they actually had no idea what's written on it.

What the hell ! Russian sponges. Staying in Thailand fully knowing they cannot support themselves, and relying on Thai generosity so as they can continue their holiday. Have I got it right ??

The Thai Imigration Dept. continuously hassles me to ensure that I have the correct amount of money in my bank account, for at least 3 months, when my Retirement Visa expires. Additionally I spend a lot of money in the Kingdom each year, looking after family. Would Immigration take that into consideration. Not on your life. Most falang expats are threatened at some stage in visa renewal, and yet these bums wander around southern Thailand without a care.

Why the hell do we on each journey in and out of the country do we state salary range. What do these dunces record ?

It is highly commendable that locals, if unwittingly, are helping these bums out. Probably because they have some blonde haired children with them. But I wish they would not. Thailand does not need bums.

Time to raise the visa fees to $1000 to keep this type of foreigners OUT !!! This is getting to be a common sight. (1) Foreigners with little or no money. (2) Foreigners with ZERO common sense. (3) Foreign Criminals thousands being allowed in. (4) Dirty Hippie-Dippie Khao San Road morons . (5) full Moon Party morons. (6) Sex tourist/alcoholics the wardrobe pigs of the universe.

Agree and there are thousands here already. Time for a crack down. DO NOT allow them to enter without enough money for their stay. This bunch needs to be deported.

What the hell ! Russian sponges. Staying in Thailand fully knowing they cannot support themselves, and relying on Thai generosity so as they can continue their holiday. Have I got it right ??

The Thai Imigration Dept. continuously hassles me to ensure that I have the correct amount of money in my bank account, for at least 3 months, when my Retirement Visa expires. Additionally I spend a lot of money in the Kingdom each year, looking after family. Would Immigration take that into consideration. Not on your life. Most falang expats are threatened at some stage in visa renewal, and yet these bums wander around southern Thailand without a care.

Why the hell do we on each journey in and out of the country do we state salary range. What do these dunces record ?

It is highly commendable that locals, if unwittingly, are helping these bums out. Probably because they have some blonde haired children with them. But I wish they would not. Thailand does not need bums.

Can someone help me with a translation please ? I want to write the following sign in Thai :-

I want a de luxe villa in Honalulu, but have no money. please help.

If someone can do it soonest I can catch the rush hour on Sukhumvit with the toddler I have borrowed.

I have been here for over 12 years and would like to go to Phuket too But cannot afford to So I will wait until I have the money, unless a well meaning but gullible Thai would like to give me the money to go there.

The reason Thais help them is because they are farang and they have fair haired children, and they think Farang wealth will rub off on them if they help poor Farangs down on their luck.

But bad holiday budgeting is not being down on their luck it is just blind stupidity

I thought you had to show you have sufficient funds to support yourself when you come to Thailand.

Will Thai immigration be so sympathetic when they can't pay their departure tax when leaving Thailand.

no departure tax leaving Thailand since years coffee1.gif

but as you can see the righteous members of the Thaivisa jury don't like it if a couple of Russian children have fun.

some of the "jury's" (ugly little narrow minded people) comments make me feel bah.gif

Archived