Speedboat propeller severs Russian tourist’s leg near Maya Bay

webfact

Don't divers (scuba and snorkel) use flags or markers indicating their presence?

Only if they are smart or scared which you should be both in Thailand.

Stupid comment, even worse since they were using a marker buoy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HooHaa: You assume my motive for my post is to feel superior. You may want to have a look at the latest stats of road deaths by country (2015): http://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/10/countries-with-the-most-and-least-road-traffic-deaths . Establishing a connection between driving a vehicle and a boat is too far-fetched for you?
@chiang mai: Yes, it is a generalization and I’m surprised you feel the need to point this out. In fact I have Thai friends I feel very save when driving with them. They use common sense and drive with foresight while the vast majority is relying on lucky number plates or amulets only. If it makes you feel any better I may add that a lot of tourists obviously leave their common sense in their hotel safe when driving on Thailand’s roads.
@CoreanoOzzie: Some of my Thai friends and colleagues complain and curse other drivers on a level I will probably never reach. And they get mad far beyond a reasonable extent for marginal reasons. It's scary. You can observe this on daily basis when driving but you obviously have no clue and a lack of perceptiveness.
What is sickening is that there is no learning process in most cases. A simple “I’m sorry” or even more common “it only happened because [insert any reason you can possibly think of]” and a marginal fine will do. There is no thought wasted on how to possibly minimize those accidents and what this carelessness mindset means to the victims, relatives and friends.

Archived