Thailand Elite Visa for 5 years - anyone tried this?

Has anyone found out why foreigners have to visit immigration every 90 days?

How can I get a 90 day visa in the UK for Thailand.

I previously used the Consulate in Birmingham, run by a Brit who only wanted photo copies of the various certificates (Spouse support visa) etc.

1. Yea, because these are the rules and regulations for Aliens.

2. Depending on the type of visa you're applying for, with various documents.

To summarize, there are plenty of people who have gone for the TE visa to stay hassle free in Thailand without working, and cannot remember a single example of anyone who regretted their decision. You should note, however, that there are also plenty of people who have not used it who will point out why those who acquired the TE visa were stupid. It is cheaper to sit in cramped minivans for long trips to Vientiane, stay in cheap guesthouses, get tourist visas and spend time in immigration offices to get 30 day extensions. Why would anyone want to spend an extra 100-200 baht a day just to avoid that!

your post doesn't make sense. Those who could afford Bt500,000 for an Elite card. Would not be doing the tourist visa runs on the cheap. They would be flying in and out of the country and staying in decent hotels as well as paying somebody to do the immigration visa and will be saving a lot of money instead of getting the card.

To summarize, there are plenty of people who have gone for the TE visa to stay hassle free in Thailand without working, and cannot remember a single example of anyone who regretted their decision. You should note, however, that there are also plenty of people who have not used it who will point out why those who acquired the TE visa were stupid. It is cheaper to sit in cramped minivans for long trips to Vientiane, stay in cheap guesthouses, get tourist visas and spend time in immigration offices to get 30 day extensions. Why would anyone want to spend an extra 100-200 baht a day just to avoid that!

your post doesn't make sense. Those who could afford Bt500,000 for an Elite card. Would not be doing the tourist visa runs on the cheap. They would be flying in and out of the country and staying in decent hotels as well as paying somebody to do the immigration visa and will be saving a lot of money instead of getting the card.

You believe you can make 4-5 return flights to neighboring countries, stay about 8-10 nights in decent hotels, pay agents to do extensions, and pay for 4-5 visas and 4 extensions, plus miscellaneous costs for less than around 83,000 baht (500,000 / 6) a year.Yes, I think it can be done, but the monetary saving would not be much and it requires travel on a schedule that may not be convenient or enjoyable. Any other travel you want to do will probably involve reentry permits. For those who can afford it, I do think the TE visa provides simplicity and flexibility not available otherwise.

• Like 1

You believe you can make 4-5 return flights to neighboring countries, stay about 8-10 nights in decent hotels, pay agents to do extensions, and pay for 4-5 visas and 4 extensions, plus miscellaneous costs for less than around 83,000 baht (500,000 / 6) a year.Yes, I think it can be done, but the monetary saving would not be much and it requires travel on a schedule that may not be convenient or enjoyable. Any other travel you want to do will probably involve reentry permits. For those who can afford it, I do think the TE visa provides simplicity and flexibility not available otherwise.

I probably spent on the order maybe an average of 150K baht per year for 3 years doing regular flying to / from Singapore and a hotel for a night (sometimes two). I probably would have not lost money getting an Elite visa, but definitely broke even ( I would probably have saved maybe 8 or 9 trips). So maybe an average of 120K (for unnecessary trips), where as amortized over 5 years the elite would have cost 100K.