Electrical parts shop in Pattaya?

mrjohn

A couple of months ago I asked a question about replacing an oven thermostat.

I got some sensible advice, namely, take the old one out and take it round a few shops to see if you can find a replacement.

I did just this and have so far drawn a blank.

I’m going on a shopping trip to Pattaya next week.

So, does anyone know of any electrical shops in and around Pattaya that might sell an oven thermostat?

"Look for the local agent for whatever make of oven you have would be my advice."

Thanks, but that is not what I asked. In any case the manufacturer (Fagor) went bust a few years ago.

So I’m looking for any working thermostat that I can fit in the oven.

Hence the question,where might I start looking for one?

Amorn used to be good - they had just about every spare for everything. Gone downhill in recent years though but it's still the first place I would try for such a thing. Other than that, it's a foot-slogging job asking at every electrical shop at the Jomtien end of Thepprasit Road.

Edit: On second thoughts Naklua is the place to be looking. Loads of shops there with hard-to-find items. Enlist the help of a knowlegable local.

Edited by eefoo

Numchai on Sukhumvit road replaced a thermostat on my Fagor oven (about 4 years ago). I had to take the oven to the shop and they sent it to Bangkok for repair.

If they can't fix it the shop at post #6 would be my next choice - the shop on Thepprasit road, about 50m downhill from the petrol station, with a green & white sunshade - take the part or photograph of it with you unless you speak fluent Thai.

Amorn used to be good - they had just about every spare for everything. Gone downhill in recent years though but it's still the first place I would try for such a thing. Other than that, it's a foot-slogging job asking at every electrical shop at the Jomtien end of Thepprasit Road.

Edit: On second thoughts Naklua is the place to be looking. Loads of shops there with hard-to-find items. Enlist the help of a knowlegable local.

Agreed. The Amorn outlet in Sri Racha is a much better bet.