Gunfight with Chiang Mai police encourages crack down on illegal weapons

webfact

Gunfight With Police Encourages Crack Down on Illegal Weapons
by CityNews

gunfight-guns-1024x682.jpg

CityNews – Police promise to crack down on illegal gun owners after a gun fight between a villager and police officers broke out in Chiang Dao on February 3.

A man named Alapa Laomoo was arrested after a fight broke out between him and the police in Thung Kai Puang sub-district of Chiang Dao. He was armed and threatened to shoot civilians and officers. He finally surrendered after he was shot in the stomach by authorities.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/gunfight-with-police-encourages-crack-down-on-illegal-weapons/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-04

Does anyone else think that's a very early (and battered) M16? I don't see a forward assist. Does anyone? Could that be Vietnam war era with some modifications to the stocks?

I wonder how much of that stuff is floating around unknown in Thailand. ??

Cheers.

Does anyone else think that's a very early (and battered) M16? I don't see a forward assist. Does anyone? Could that be Vietnam war era with some modifications to the stocks?

Cheers.

Tons and tons of it.

I once saw a service .45 pistol (that is just what I called it) with the slide assembly taken off and a piece of pipe fitted which took a single shotgun shell.

As I stated in a post yesterday, it is alarming the amount of unknown guns in this country in the hands of idiots!!

The only saving grace from what I have been told by people with guns is that the ammo is difficult to get .

This is why any arrest pic you only see a few bullets in the photos. If it is possible to buy a lot you can bet they wont be cheap !!

Cheers.

Was wondering the same thing.... This is a very serious weapon to have stashed in the back shed

Thank goodness, as another poster suggests, the ammo is hard to come by, although I believe it takes a common NATO round, so I don't know why this would be so

Cheers.

Was wondering the same thing.... This is a very serious weapon to have stashed in the back shed

Thank goodness, as another poster suggests, the ammo is hard to come by, although I believe it takes a common NATO round, so I don't know why this would be so

Yep. 5.56 NATO (for M16) is a very common round. As an aside, the 9mm is also the NATO handgun round and there's a ton of that in Thailand.

Cheers.

Yep. 5.56 NATO (for M16) is a very common round. As an aside, the 9mm is also the NATO handgun round and there's a ton of that in Thailand.

I clicked "like".... But I don't really like it.... It's actually quite scary