Question-Border run to Sadao or Padang Besar?

Hi all,

Abt this time last year i had hard time to get back into Thailand and my waiting taxi. Was told i had to spend the night in Malysia by the TH immigrationofficer and it was not until i had a chat with his supervisor i was let back into Thailand and my waiting taxi again.This was Sadao(Danok).

How is it today? Can i leave my things in the HTL in Had Yai and go to do my 15 minutes walking TH-MY-MY-TH and expect to have no arguments with TH immigrationofficer abt time spent outside Thailand?

Is Padang border more relaxed or was the last year event at Sadao just a touch of the visaclampdown that was so much talked about at that time?

My purpose is to activate the second and final part of my double entry touristvisa. No overstay or other problems.

Cheers Mr Lamai

As far as I know Sadao is still telling people they have to spend the night.

Padang Besar is much better.

Padang Besar is no more better. They were enforcing one night policy even more rigorously during my last visit there few months ago. And even for people who were holding work permits.

Thanks for the reply guys! Got to plan for a short night in MY if i go for this option. By chance; does anybody know if there are a "timestamp" in the thai immigration computers or if they only go for the date stamped in the passport? My saying is its the date stamped only. Out late PM and in early AM should be ok!?!