Documents Needed For Extension Of Stay Non Imm O

Hi there i have looked at the immigraion site but cannot get on it. I am currently in phitsanuluk and renting, what documents will i need for a yearly extension of stay on a non imm o multi entry, also which is the best place to go, how much does it cost and how long will it take?? Thanx :o

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently in phitsanuluk and renting, what documents will i need for a yearly extension of stay on a non imm o multi entry, also which is the best place to go, how much does it cost and how long will it take?? Thanx :o

Being in Phitsanulok and renting is not enough to qualify for an extension of stay on a non-O visa.

If you are married to a Thai, see here.

---------------

Maestro

Thanx for that, looks like thats out the question for the time being as my wifes house registration is in nan and on the land is small wooden hut, cant see them beliving we live there, oh well looks like its back to the border until will buy somewhere, thanx all the same! :o

The post above did not see you mention married in the heading, not that renting would not allow extension of stay. You can extend your stay if you have family income of 40k per month. What you will need is your passport, arrival card, marriage certificate, bank passbook, letter of account balance within last week, copies, wife, her id card, her home register (which may be parents or family), if renting suspect a lease, photos together showing house number and copies. Then proof of income - which if local will include tax payments (work permit if you) for last 3 months or if from overseas believe certification from your Embassy will be required.

The immigration web site is here http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

You will probably have to use IE browser to view the final pop ups that list requirements (which are out of date - 400k bank deposit is no longer allowed for new applicants).

The post above did not see you mention married in the heading, not that renting would not allow extension of stay. You can extend your stay if you have family income of 40k per month. What you will need is your passport, arrival card, marriage certificate, bank passbook, letter of account balance within last week, copies, wife, her id card, her home register (which may be parents or family), if renting suspect a lease, photos together showing house number and copies. Then proof of income - which if local will include tax payments (work permit if you) for last 3 months or if from overseas believe certification from your Embassy will be required.

The immigration web site is here http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

You will probably have to use IE browser to view the final pop ups that list requirements (which are out of date - 400k bank deposit is no longer allowed for new applicants).

If extending based on >40k/month local taxed income, do they really need the bank passbook and letter from the bank? (or is that only needed when extending based on a 400k+ account balance?)

If extending based on >40k/month local taxed income, do they really need the bank passbook and letter from the bank? (or is that only needed when extending based on a 400k+ account balance?)

Depends.

If you are changing from a tourist or tourist visa exemption stamp, they have started to ask for the bank statement if you have income from overseas and have a letter from the Embassy. If the income is from Thailand, they will not be asking for it.

If you are doing a extension of stay based on marriage, they do not ask for the bank statement if you are using the income criteria.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Depends.

If you are changing from a tourist or tourist visa exemption stamp, they have started to ask for the bank statement if you have income from overseas and have a letter from the Embassy. If the income is from Thailand, they will not be asking for it.

If you are doing a extension of stay based on marriage, they do not ask for the bank statement if you are using the income criteria.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Ok. I am extending based on marriage using the income criteria. The documents I have prepared are:

- TM7

- passport copy (and all stamps & TM6)

- copy of my wife's passport, ID and tabien baan

- copy of marriage certificate in three languages

- copy of birth certificate

- copy of my work permit, tax payer id card, social security card and driver's license

- letter from my employer stating income

- copy of last year's p.ng.d 91 & p.ng.d 21

- copies of this year's p.ng.d 1 with receipts

Should be enough, right?

Depends.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Ok. I am extending based on marriage using the income criteria. The documents I have prepared are:

- TM7

- passport copy (and all stamps & TM6)

- copy of my wife's passport, ID and tabien baan

- copy of marriage certificate in three languages

- copy of birth certificate

- copy of my work permit, tax payer id card, social security card and driver's license

- letter from my employer stating income

- copy of last year's p.ng.d 91 & p.ng.d 21

- copies of this year's p.ng.d 1 with receipts

Should be enough, right?

Looks good except beware of a few points...

You need three months of PND #1

The marriage certificate been certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

You need the map to your house with picture. Also tel #.

Be sure your spouse goes with you.

Good luck.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Good luck.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Ok. Got the last nine month's p.ng.d. 1's

The marriage certificate was certified by MFA and then a thai marriage cert. was issued by the amphur. So that's why we have it in three languages (original language, english translation and thai from the amphur)

Didn't have a map and photo of the house though. So I'll add that.

Will bring spouse and kid (kid serves as "evidence" that we are married "for real" in case they have any doubts) along too.

Good luck.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Ok. Got the last nine month's p.ng.d. 1's

The marriage certificate was certified by MFA and then a thai marriage cert. was issued by the amphur. So that's why we have it in three languages (original language, english translation and thai from the amphur)

Didn't have a map and photo of the house though. So I'll add that.

Will bring spouse and kid (kid serves as "evidence" that we are married "for real" in case they have any doubts) along too.

Good luck.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

The post above did not see you mention married in the heading

aka_jack, that’s right, I overlooked the fact that you are married. Sorry about that.

Thanx for that, looks like thats out the question for the time being as my wifes house registration is in nan and on the land is small wooden hut, cant see them beliving we live there, oh well looks like its back to the border until will buy somewhere, thanx all the same! :o

What or where the building is where your wife is on the house registration does not matter; the copy of the house registration is simply one of the documents Immigration needs to put on file. It does not serve as a reference of your or your wife’s current abode.

Go for the annual extension if between the two of you you can meet the income requirement of average 40K per month.

---------------

Maestro

In applying for marriage visa, can I assume, that a letter from my embassey, confirming my income of 120,000 baht, per month, from outside Thailand, will exempt me from needing a large amount in a Thai bank?

Thanks Ray

That would be a fair assumption.

O.K i understand all the documents needed but as of yet i am not working but i do have the 400.000 baht in the bank, marriage certificate, wifes house registration, id card, passports etc, dont have a current rental lease but i dont think it would be a problam getting one, can take photos of the house we are renting. Map fo house??? Also have a daughter with thai and british nationalities would i need anything in this department?? Would all this be enough?? :o

In applying for marriage visa, can I assume, that a letter from my embassey, confirming my income of 120,000 baht, per month, from outside Thailand, will exempt me from needing a large amount in a Thai bank?

Thanks Ray

... and even if you did have a large amount in a Thai bank --- it wouldn't have helped you, according to the new rules.

"O.K i understand all the documents needed but as of yet i am not working but i do have the 400.000 baht in the bank, marriage certificate, wifes house registration, id card, passports etc, dont have a current rental lease but i dont think it would be a problam getting one, can take photos of the house we are renting. Map fo house??? Also have a daughter with thai and british nationalities would i need anything in this department?? Would all this be enough??"

The change of rules means that 400,000 in the bank no longer suffices for new applicants.

Edited by Cyberstar

So i cant get a visa extension until i get a job then ?? :o

Your wife can work as well in order for you to get the extension of stay based on marriage.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

just one question regarding work permits. I already have a 3 month Non-O visa but to extend it as i understand, you need to have an income of 40,000 or more per month. what if I'm working part-time and I'm earning that amount, but working without a work permit, will that be a problem?

just one question regarding work permits. I already have a 3 month Non-O visa but to extend it as i understand, you need to have an income of 40,000 or more per month. what if I'm working part-time and I'm earning that amount, but working without a work permit, will that be a problem?

If this income was from work inside Thailand...

Even if they overlooked you had no work permit and you obtained the extension of stay.

But a problem would come up, enjoying those days with your wife, as you gave Immigration proof you were working illegal and now its more likely your visa days will be days at the Bangkok jail.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What about my situation , anyone can help ?

I am married to a Thai , own a condo in my name and a house in hers . We live together here legally married . She earns over 20,000 baht a month . I have over 400,000 baht in a Thai bank ( I know it dont matter any more ) . I also have over 400 K ( baht ) in a UK bank . I have money being payed into another UK bank and I withdraw it from ATMs in Thailand ( over 20 K a month ) . Problem is this money is not from my job or earnings as I dont work here . Its just payed in by Paypal every few days and withdrawn , if you get my meaning !

Could I get a marriage extension when I require it ?

Or would I have to go back to the UK or possibly Singapore / KL every 15 months to re-apply for the non - immigrant O / marriage visa .

Waaaaaaaaahhhh waahhhhhhhhhhhhhh , dont want to go ! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o

Without a family income of 40k you can not extend your stay. That is the criteria now.

Thanks yes Im aware of that but we do earn more than 40 K a month together , just that mine is not earnt in Thailand . Wouldnt regular payments on statements in to UK bank and withdrawals out from Thailand ATMs suffice ?

Seems crazy to think I couldnt get a marriage extension even though we are quite comfortable here .

Still , I guess thats what all the fuss is about .

I suspect if income from outside the country they will require certification by your Embassy. So you would have to see what they want as proof. Could be your word, tax payments, or some other thing.

As your wife seems to be working perhaps she could obtain a raise in pay (tax payments) if nothing else fits.

I suspect if income from outside the country they will require certification by your Embassy. So you would have to see what they want as proof. Could be your word, tax payments, or some other thing.

As your wife seems to be working perhaps she could obtain a raise in pay (tax payments) if nothing else fits.

Ok thanks , may be a little hard for my wife to increase salary up to 40 K a month , but maybe in the future , I have time yet , just trying to plan and adapt for the future as much as it is possible to do in Thailand !

I know my embassy will write a letter proving that I have income payed into UK bank and withdrawn in Thailand if I show them a bank statement or two , but what I dont know is if immigration would accept this .

Ill try and give them a call again , although each time I call them I get more and more confused ! hahaha all the best

sadako

So from what i can gather basicly if you are under 50 and not on a retirement visa and you are married to a thai on a non imm visa, ethier you work and pay money to the goverment ie income tax or you suffer and do it the hard way ie you go to the border every 90 days!! :D Great that seems fair!! :o

So from what i can gather basicly if you are under 50 and not on a retirement visa and you are married to a thai on a non imm visa, ethier you work and pay money to the goverment ie income tax or you suffer and do it the hard way ie you go to the border every 90 days!! :D Great that seems fair!! :D

hehe pretty much yes , the 90 day thing really isnt a problem , i see it as a day trip .

Its the returning back to Uk or timbuktu or wherever it is you are from every year that is the classy part .

Thing that makes me laugh is that immigration must be aware that all these people in this unfortunate category will be doing this and just returning again straight away anyway as they have whats called " a life " here with property , investments , wives , kids or whatever .

haha sometimes I think they do it for fun , maybe Im being filmed ....candid camera ?

" hehe look , there he goes , wasting 40,000 baht , back to the UK for the single reason of getting a new visa and returning again . hahaha he has a wife here , 2 properties , they live really comfortably abiding by the law . hahaha look at him go , what a clown ! "

I imagine people in a similar situation to mine must be thinking something along the same lines .

Still , not to worry ............ :o

As for all those unfortunate people include the Thai married to Americans (and I suspect many others) who would not even have the option to leave Thailand and to join there spouse if family income did not meet requirements. Thailand is not alone in having income requirements.