Documents Needed For Extension Of Stay Non Imm O

If under 50 and using the marriage for extension of stay the family proves it can support itself. That proof is now set at a combined income of 40k per month.

...And from what I gather, that income need not be generated in Thailand, i.e., income from investments abroad will suffice if supported by bank statements and/or a certification from your Embassy.

My question is - if anyone knows - have the rules changed for support of a Thai citizen (my son) changed as well? For me it would be preferable to show income from abroad than to put 400K in a non-income generating account here in Thailand...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for all those unfortunate people include the Thai married to Americans (and I suspect many others) who would not even have the option to leave Thailand and to join there spouse if family income did not meet requirements. Thailand is not alone in having income requirements.

Im sure it isnt , I just hope we or others never come to be in that extra unfortunate situation .

And I sincerely hope immigration will see sense because this particular income requirement makes no sense whatsoever along with the abolition of the investment visa . ( after properties have been bought and paid for ) .

I still believe the fact that if a couple are legally married and very comfortable together and its obviously apparent they can support themselves quite well , there shouldnt be this problem .

If under 50 and using the marriage for extension of stay the family proves it can support itself. That proof is now set at a combined income of 40k per month.

...And from what I gather, that income need not be generated in Thailand, i.e., income from investments abroad will suffice if supported by bank statements and/or a certification from your Embassy.

My question is - if anyone knows - have the rules changed for support of a Thai citizen (my son) changed as well? For me it would be preferable to show income from abroad than to put 400K in a non-income generating account here in Thailand...

Hmm not sure about the kid thing , but that reminds me , if I no longer have to show 400,000 baht in a thai bank , what am I doing with it in there still !

haha off to the bank tommorrow then ............oh ....er.......maybe not , its a public holiday I do believe

As for all those unfortunate people include the Thai married to Americans (and I suspect many others) who would not even have the option to leave Thailand and to join there spouse if family income did not meet requirements. Thailand is not alone in having income requirements.

Im sure it isnt , I just hope we or others never come to be in that extra unfortunate situation .

And I sincerely hope immigration will see sense because this particular income requirement makes no sense whatsoever along with the abolition of the investment visa . ( after properties have been bought and paid for ) .

I still believe the fact that if a couple are legally married and very comfortable together and its obviously apparent they can support themselves quite well , there shouldnt be this problem .

In fact , in a perfect world , a couple married should be allowed to be together wherever full stop .

here here ! why dont they understand that you are supporting your thai wife, a thai national one of there own!! If you have the money in the bank ie the 400000 you should be able to get a extension!!

I bet christopher columbus or whoever didnt have this problem all those years ago!!

here here ! why dont they understand that you are supporting your thai wife, a thai national one of there own!! If you have the money in the bank ie the 400000 you should be able to get a extension!!

I bet christopher columbus or whoever didnt have this problem all those years ago!!

Hmmmmm thing is Im not really supporting my wife . She is quite capable of supporting herself as she is educated and has a reasonably good job . Yes , I believe I make hers and our life better by combining income and having a property all paid off to live in etc , but I definitely dont " support her " as such .

Still shouldnt matter . We are completely self sufficient and married .

I dont have to support her and she doesnt have to support me .

hahaha we are fine , so why are we treated like aliens !

Still , not to worry , part of the fun I guess ........

Maybe off topic if this thread is restricted to applicants with thai wives, but I'd really appreciate a simple listing (and one clear to a thai docs novice) of requirements, documents and place of application relevant to an extension from non immig o visa on the basis of retirement. I'm over 50, of british nationality and would want to fulfil the financial requirement on the basis of funds from overseas at a thai bank (rather than income).

If this info is available already on this website, I apologize and would be grateful for a pointer.

As a rider, I was wondering what are the advantages of having such extension(s) vs. annual issuances of multiple entry non immig o visas. Is it only the need to go abroad for the latter, and 3-monthly visa runs ? On the other hand the multiple o visa does give freedom to go in and out of Thailand at will.

The multi entry is not likely to be issued for less than the expense of a multi re-entry permit of 3,800 baht which provides free travel. The documents required are bank account passbook with 800k or more for last three months on deposit, letter of account balance from bank branch, TM.7 with current photo and 1,900 baht, copies of passport data pages and entry visa/permitted to stay stamps (I would take all pages just in case) and copy of arrival card front and back. You apply at a major immigration office anywhere in Thailand.

The multi entry is not likely to be issued for less than the expense of a multi re-entry permit of 3,800 baht which provides free travel. The documents required are bank account passbook with 800k or more for last three months on deposit, letter of account balance from bank branch, TM.7 with current photo and 1,900 baht, copies of passport data pages and entry visa/permitted to stay stamps (I would take all pages just in case) and copy of arrival card front and back. You apply at a major immigration office anywhere in Thailand.

I'm just doing some catch-up after an extended absence from TV. Is annual income versus money in the bank still an option for the retirement visa??

Thank you.

I didn't realize I could get a multi re-entry permit in advance, for the year. And yes the cost is much less. Not to mention travelling to suit the 90 day rule rather than my own travel plans. So the advantage seems clear.

I presume TM7 is a form to be obtained from the immigration office. I presume I should/must do this at the office local to my place of proposed residence, CM.

If I apply now, ie well before my o visa expiry will the one year extension and related multi re-entry permit run from the date my o visa expiry or from now? If the latter I suppose I'm better off waiting.

Yes, both bank deposit and income/pension or combination may be used for retirement. But bank deposit will require the money amount be in the bank for 3 months prior to application.

TM.7 is the application for extension of stay and may be downloaded or obtained at immigration and photo attached, form filled out. Normally you would do it at your local office. You should apply during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry. Once you apply you will not have to make any more visa runs so that should counter any visa time loss.

Yes, both bank deposit and income/pension or combination may be used for retirement. But bank deposit will require the money amount be in the bank for 3 months prior to application.

TM.7 is the application for extension of stay and may be downloaded or obtained at immigration and photo attached, form filled out. Normally you would do it at your local office. You should apply during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry. Once you apply you will not have to make any more visa runs so that should counter any visa time loss.

Thanks again.

I presume I can make a simultaneous application for the multi- re-entry permit to run concurrently with the one year extension, and that I can get that application form too from the office or download it. I presume my bank (TMB) will know the sort of letter needed to satisfy the office.

I will apply at the very last phase of my o visa because I've learned from another thread (I think your own post) that I'll have just 6 months from that date to import my personal effects - which will be coming by sea and therefore will need time. (Unless I've misunderstood that rule.)

I'm back in Thailand and am not thinking of going back to work soon. I'll be making my application for extension in January. Two questions:

- elegibility is based upon 40kbaht/mo. FAMILY income. I've been transferring money to my wife's account about USD15k over a 9 month period for purposes of house construction. I could bung in another 2k one month before applying for the extension. Could the accummulated amount be accepted as satisfying the family income requirement? If based on my wife's 'income' do I need a bank account?

- our marriage certificate is in thai and english and was issued at the Thai embassy in Abu Dhabi. This document has been sufficient to obtain numerous one year, multi-entry, non - imm 'O' visas from Thai offices in A.D, Penang and Bahrain. Will this be sufficient for the extension application?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

- elegibility is based upon 40kbaht/mo. FAMILY income. I've been transferring money to my wife's account about USD15k over a 9 month period for purposes of house construction. I could bung in another 2k one month before applying for the extension. Could the accummulated amount be accepted as satisfying the family income requirement?

Sorry, the answer is no. She could however pay a back tax of around 2,300 Baht per month for three months and use this as proof.

If based on my wife's 'income' do I need a bank account?

No

- our marriage certificate is in thai and english and was issued at the Thai embassy in Abu Dhabi. This document has been sufficient to obtain numerous one year, multi-entry, non - imm 'O' visas from Thai offices in A.D, Penang and Bahrain. Will this be sufficient for the extension application?

It will need to notarized by the UAE Embassy in Bangkok. It then is translated into Thai, the translation and marriage certificate certified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then you must go to the District Office where the household registration of your wife is registered and obtain a Kor Ror 22.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Believe the requirement will be proof of monthly income and for wife that will be tax payments and for you Embassy certification (or work permit/tax if working here). As 3 months would be required you don't have much time. The bank deposit is no longer an option so do not believe you would require a bank account under the new rules.

Don't know about the marriage document. Believe Consulates are less demanding than immigration and they will likely require more, as in proof you were not married when this marriage took place. Believe Sunbelt can answer and perhaps others (but not sure any will have a Thai/English document the same as you).

Don't know about the marriage document. Believe Consulates are less demanding than immigration and they will likely require more, as in proof you were not married when this marriage took place. Believe Sunbelt can answer and perhaps others (but not sure any will have a Thai/English document the same as you).

On the extension they no longer require the proof you were single. This is the extension of the stay dept that no longer requires it.

As for the marriage certificate, as we mention, it will need to be notarized by the UAE Embassy in Bangkok. Then is translated into Thai, afterwards the translation and marriage certificate is certified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then you must go to the District Office where the household registration of your wife is registered and obtain a Kor Ror 22.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

So i cant get a visa extension until i get a job then ?? :o

Your wife can work as well in order for you to get the extension of stay based on marriage.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

therefore, if my wife has a 40k monthly income and i do not work, I will get a visa extension of stay based on marriage?. They just wanna see you pay taxes acording to 480k/year income, no matter who works?. thank you.

Hi there i have looked at the immigraion site but cannot get on it. I am currently in phitsanuluk and renting, what documents will i need for a yearly extension of stay on a non imm o multi entry, also which is the best place to go, how much does it cost and how long will it take?? Thanx :o

You need to take copy of wifes family book and id card with signature on both.

You need original of your marriage certificate.

You need to have deposited 400,000 bht into your account 3 months prioir to your application.

If you dont have 400,000 in account then if you have at least 40,000 bht per month from work ok But you will need to prove where its coming from and get a letter from your embassy to confirm it.and show transfers.

So, if I understand correctly, if/when I arrive LOS with a 1 year multiple-entry Non-immigrant O Visa (visiting as spose of Thai national) "in-hand", I STILL have to leave the country every 90 days , correct? But doing a simple "border run" will accomplish that, yes? SO, four times in 12 months will work--assuming I stay for the entire year.

But, if we decide (my wife and I) to stay permanently during the year time frame, then we must then gather all the applicable documents, bank statements or proof of salary / tax payment etc...and re-apply for a new Visa?

Is this the basic gist of it?

H

The basic gist is if you don't want to bother with the visa runs then you do the one year extension. You don't need a one year extension to stay, it only gives you the convenience of not having to travel to the border every 90 days.

A bit off topic here....but no answer from sunbelt with direct email..

1. I am on non imm O multiple and am/was going to apply for extension based on marriage.

2. Next year I intend to pursue a business here.

3. Can I legally have a business/apply for work permit if my visa extension is based on marriage or would I need to apply for non imm B visa at first?

4. With an extension based on marriage, the requirement is to report to immigration every 90 days...is this the same for an extension based on business or do you have to leave the country every 90 days?

Any reply from sunbelt or the informed would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

The Bloodied Tiger

A bit off topic here....but no answer from sunbelt with direct email..

1. I am on non imm O multiple and am/was going to apply for extension based on marriage.

3. Can I legally have a business/apply for work permit if my visa extension is based on marriage or would I need to apply for non imm B visa at first?

4. With an extension based on marriage, the requirement is to report to immigration every 90 days...is this the same for an extension based on business or do you have to leave the country every 90 days?

Any reply from sunbelt or the informed would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

The Bloodied Tiger

Sorry, but checking our mailbox system, we never received any e-mail similar to these questions.

. I am on non imm O multiple and am/was going to apply for extension based on marriage.

You can get a work permit with a visa extension based on marriage. You do not need to change your extension and you certainly would not want to.

You simply need to report every 90 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi there i have looked at the immigraion site but cannot get on it. I am currently in phitsanuluk and renting, what documents will i need for a yearly extension of stay on a non imm o multi entry, also which is the best place to go, how much does it cost and how long will it take?? Thanx :o

You need to take copy of wifes family book and id card with signature on both.

You need original of your marriage certificate.

You need to have deposited 400,000 bht into your account 3 months prioir to your application.

If you dont have 400,000 in account then if you have at least 40,000 bht per month from work ok But you will need to prove where its coming from and get a letter from your embassy to confirm it.and show transfers.

The most important item is your wife. Do not leave home without her. And the 400k bank deposit is not an option anymore for first time applicants. The 40k per month is family income.

Ok here is a thought!! Anybody no how much tax you would pay on 40000 a month? And also the costs of setting up a company and all that, as i am pretty clueless on this matter. Reason being, being married and having a child 3 years of age must bring my wife into a low tax bracket, next point being would it be the same sort of price as doing visa runs all year, ie why not set up a company you and your wife, pay her 40000 bht month, pay tax, for 3 months get visa extension, sack her !! repeat next year!! :o Anybody any thoughts ??

... why not set up a company you and your wife, pay her 40000 bht month, pay tax, for 3 months get visa extension, sack her !! repeat next year!! :o Anybody any thoughts ??

That'll be sort of peeing in your pants to keep you warm in an Alaskan winter night... Okay for the first extension, but for the second extension they'll want the whole-year-tax document for the preceeding tax year (forgot what it's called).

ok what would the average tax be for 480000 BAHT A YEAR ?

1870 Baht per month in a situation where no deductions, except the 60,000 personal standard deduction, applies. That's what I've had to pay until the latest changes. Before - when the farlang was supposed to be the family provider - I had to bear the whole 40,000 Baht income burden myself. (Our family company also had to pay my wife a minimum wage to make Chiang mai's labour department issue me a workpermit - that's why I couldn't deduct 30,000 Baht for my spouse).

Now, our company will give my wife a raise to 8,500 Baht a month (keeping her within the 100,000 tax-exemption limit) cut my salery down to 31,500, which makes a monthly tax of 908 Baht ....

Edited by Cyberstar