Body parts found in Chao Phraya river belong to Spanish man

webfact

Body parts found in Chao Phraya river belong to Spanish man

spain.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Human parts found in the Chao Phraya river earlier this week belong to a Spanish man, Thai media has reported.

News site Khaosod reports the body parts belong to Mr David Bernat, 40, who arrived in Thailand from Iran on January 19th.

The Spanish man had been staying at Nantiruj Tower apartments on Sukhumvit Soi 8.

He was last seen leaving the Nantiruj Tower by motorcycle on January 20th.

Upon searching the man’s studio room located on the 10th floor, officers commented that the keycard to the room was still in the door.

Police also revealed that they had recently received a missing person's report for a Spanish national in Bangkok.

Since Saturday, human body parts including a head, torso, leg and arm have been found separately along the Chao Phraya river in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani.

Reports yesterday said the police believe the man had been bound and gagged before being killed as forensic tests had found fragments of tape on the arm.

Police are now trying to establish the Spanish man’s last known movements and are investigating anything in his past which may hold any clues to his disappearance and murder.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Mr Bernat has worked in the telecoms industry for more than a decade after graduating IESE Business School in Barcelona in 2006.

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-04

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all it was a foreign Asian man with no finger prints recorded against any crime, Suddenly it's a Spanish man complete with photo and Linkedin account. I know the Thai police are brilliant in their jobs, but all these incredible results from where in nothing flat? Strange rolleyes.gif

What is wrong with you?! Someone died and probably had very cruel death and you guys just keep bashing Thai Police. Get a life instead of trolling around on a shocking and sad topic like this.

I feel so bad that this happened. I live here for years and never get involved in anything or anyone which could end of finding my body parts in the Chao Praya.

Whoever did this and/or is involved, I hope Thai Police will find the truth.

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. Please use the report button only for posts in blatant violation of the forum rules.

The varying reports from police/forensics re. Asian foreigner, no criminal record, fingerprints, DNA(?) analysis in quick time and then the story line is a Spanish person whose horrific death is being supported by entry date , hotel time, "last seen"....? Good for the trolls on here but as others have posted that perhaps this man had a family and the name is plastered up front. How many times have you all seen on Thai tv suspects come into the dog and pony show hiding behind sunglasses, caps, masks to protect their identity? Maybe in the thinking of the local authorities that publishing a picture will help in the investigation to take the pressure off of the locals to do the real work. Moderators, we know the rules but lately there has been too much slippery crap coming through.

More likely a ladyboy or a man. Most girls will not go to the extent of cutting up and throwing the parts around. Soi 8 is in the heart of the prostitution zone.

It would appear to have some element of pre-planning. Unlikely that a casual violent encounter would give ready access to the means to dispose of a body in this way. And particularly as the area from which he disappeared is right in the middle of downtown Bangkok. Arrive one day, gone the next with the key left in the door...hardly sounds like a romantic interlude gone wrong.. RIP.

wonder if he has any dating site profiles? might have hints based on who he had been in contact with. in addition span media is reporting there is at least one suspect and there have been money transfers involving singapre, spain and thailand.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2664826/0/cadaver-espanol-bangkok/

The Spanish press is quoting the RTP as saying that the case will be resolved inthe next 48 hours and that the perpetrators are foreign gangsters

What happened to the Asian Foreigner? I did not know Spanish looked like Asian Foreigners.cowboy.gif

Police training 101. The hope in providing false information was whoever did it would tell somebody how stupid they are for immediately deducing that the victim was in all likeliness an Asian. Then they'd have a good excuse to round up millions of farangs to account for their whereabouts..

wonder if he has any dating site profiles? might have hints based on who he had been in contact with. in addition span media is reporting there is at least one suspect and there have been money transfers involving singapre, spain and thailand.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2664826/0/cadaver-espanol-bangkok/

The Spanish press is quoting the RTP as saying that the case will be resolved inthe next 48 hours and that the perpetrators are foreign gangsters

Could well be, Thailand is a pretty good place to bump someone off and go home.

Then again a Thai would not do this so what else are the RTP supposed to say ? whistling.gif

I am not giving police too much credit yet. It was much easier to put things together for

them once they got the missing persons report from Spanish authorities. A horrific

way to go, bound killed, dismembered and dumped into the river. I hope the police

get to the bottom of this in a timely manner. Condolences to the family. RIP

Archived