Estate Agents For Property Valuation Report?

whiterussian

Any estate agents in CM that can do a property valuation report?

We got a government land valuation, but seems they work on 1960's prices - insanely low valuations that don't match reality of market prices... eg: neighbouring plot that routinely has offers around 5 to 6 million is valued at 200,000 thb by govt ... presume it's a sort of compulsory purchase price...

Tried a large estate agents on Chang Klan - they don't and told us to try a bank...

Bank says the fees are 1000 THB per 100,000THB - way too expensive!

Just need it to bolster visas to the UK.

Thanks.

Edited by whiterussian

Thanks - I'll try and find out the cap of the fees, probably 5 to 10K ish in a sane world?.... we're looking at between 70,000 and 120,000 without one, so assume it'll hit the limit.
Thank you for the link - none in Chiang Mai, but I'll ring and see if they can give us a contact up here... would seem a lucrative deal for an estate agent up here...

A printed overview from a tech-savvy agent would be better than nothing though...

Edited by whiterussian

Aren't the chanote land papers enough for a UK visa?

I don't know - it'll be included for sure but the property (on paper) is split between 3 siblings, so was hoping to beef up the 'supporting docs' for a visit visa with a realistic market value.

As we found out today the govt prices for land are laughable! If I can't find an estate agent up here or authorised valuation company at a reasonable price, I'll just have to take photos and make maps myself.

Very surprised there isn't such a service amongst the estate agents here, seems easy money - but of course I understand in a way... given backhanders are so common. sad.png

I'll call the Bangkok businesses on Monday and post back fees in case anyone else ever wonders

Edited by whiterussian

Took my wife to UK in 2005 for a holiday. Chanote papers were enough to convince them she had good reason to return.

Hoping for quite a long visit... and they already know she doesn't want to return - but of course she will...

It's not in a moobaan so no neighborhood prices as such, and never been on the open market... neighbour's place sold for 54m... ours isn't as good by a long way though, but stills seems sensible to show it's no ordinary place (Ping riverfront)

Edited by whiterussian

Even a one month tourist visa gets 6 months multiple entry.. Or at least my old lady has been given that last couple of years without asking for it.

As to land valuation.. Theres no formal way that makes sense.. Its what the next muppet will pay isnt it.. Try selling it in a short time window (3 - 6 months) and those government prices are not so wildly out. Sure both bank loan and land office are the lowest end, but lowest end of the reality of liquidation.

^ trouble is if we ask for 1 month but actually stay for 6 - scared of raised eyebrows...

As for gov prices - they have this land down at 300K, but we turned down an offer for 10M a decade ago, and the empty plot next to us gets offers over 5M regularly (selling price 6M) - gov value = 250K...
This land was worthless 50 years ago, being next to the river it used to flood regularly... however raising the land by a few meters and it's now the best bit of the village!
We've got a 6 lane highway coming through the village too - should make the prices increase exponentially - because T.I.T!

Only Thai bank we could find with a service is 'Omsin - Government Saving Bank' http://www.gsb.or.th/ - somehow my wife managed to get them to tell us they pay a valuation company 4000thb

Rang the company - doing the job for 3000 thb tomorrow.. Tel: 089 6337124 clap2.gif

The SEC agents in Bangkok have a minimum charge starting at 80,000thb (as expected - I appreciate it's for commercial and large estates)
http://www.sec.or.th/EN/Search/Pages/results.aspx?k=real%20estate%20valuers

Edited by whiterussian