Is the big money leaving ...

South

Yes, a lot of the people with money are leaving. They are fed up with the crap on a daily basis. It is completely over the top. Being stopped by Police all the time, is harassment. The bridge club saga is typical. It is becoming quite obvious, they don't want us here.

"It is becoming quite obvious, they don't want us here."

Ah yes. THEY and US.

Second in popularity only to "the final nail in the coffin" nonsense.

It's all a conspiracy by the nefarious Thais against the noble farang.

Khun Farang feels he is not always accorded the fawning treatment to which he is innately entitled and suffers from perceived loss of face ... and the whining begins.

I get your point about the constant bitching about "they don't want us here"... but if you actually have an alternate view of the situation, it might be nice for your to actually post it rather than just fan the flames with your sarcasm.

The fact is that all of these ongoing issues DO give the impression that the Thai government is not interested in fairness and transparency in government services and the judiciary, delivering appropriate education to Thai people, allowing respectful free speech, setting and enforcing professional & safety standards, encouraging foreign investment, or developing the country in ways that will grow the economy and help the Thai people.

Just the typical "Khun Thai" answer to stick your head in the sand and blame everyone but themselves for the problems they have...

Just because you don't like to hear something doesn't mean it isn't true.

And for the record, they don't have to fix it because I want them to fix it... i'm a visitor... "THEY" should want to fix it for their own people, but THEY are too damned ignorant and greedy to care.

Some are leaving, some are arriving.

No news here!

Totally agree, some leave, then new arrive, cycle of the world........

Lol. So you see no difference between, say, 100 leaving for every three that arrive, and the opposite? I get it: "don't bother me with the details". Didn't they sort o' have the same thing to say about the "unnecessary" lifeboats on "unsinkable" Titanic?

Why not ask "Your big names"? <deleted> why ask on a forum? What you hear on the internet is better than the people you personally know in the business? This is just a troll post.

The only answers you're going to get here is pure speculation or wannabe's opinion.

You may be right but I see many business closing down everywhere in the city even in walking street. So there should be a reason to it. Where I stay the price of condo has dropped by almost 40% in 18 months. Many people are selling at discounted price. Earlier you could not find any vacancy here in high season but now I see everywhere the sign for Sale/Rent.

Why not ask "Your big names"? <deleted> why ask on a forum? What you hear on the internet is better than the people you personally know in the business? This is just a troll post.

The only answers you're going to get here is pure speculation or wannabe's opinion.

You may be right but I see many business closing down everywhere in the city even in walking street. So there should be a reason to it. Where I stay the price of condo has dropped by almost 40% in 18 months. Many people are selling at discounted price. Earlier you could not find any vacancy here in high season but now I see everywhere the sign for Sale/Rent.

Ever thought of over supply?

Ever thought of over supply?

Oversupply and underdemand are the two faces of the same coin..

Yes, a lot of the people with money are leaving. They are fed up with the crap on a daily basis. It is completely over the top. Being stopped by Police all the time, is harassment. The bridge club saga is typical. It is becoming quite obvious, they don't want us here.

To be honest, i haven't felt they no longer want us here. I don't see it as hostile at all, maybe its a bit of a war on the roads, but in general, i find it very pleasant here. so its not obvious to me at all. Cheers.