I Have 1.5 million Baht

Hello ,

i have 1.5 million baht

i need setting up business in pattaya

which is the best project ( Tourism service co. or shop to sell gym products or small shop same same 7-eleven ) or other ideas ?

i know most of procedures to setting up company but i need more details about :

1- minimum registration capital would be 2 M Baht ? is 2 m baht will be on documents only because i already don't have them .

2- i must have 4 thai employees at my shop , i think 4 employees are so much , how to neglect this point ? i need only 2 thai employees

i am looking forward to your support and help

thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The golden rule: Live in Thailand for 6 months before investing. After that, the appetite to invest in Thailand is usually greatly diminished.

But then, some people like to leap before they look. There is no vaccine nor cure for them, they suffer from "Thai-Fever".

Cheers.

Put it into a bank on a fixed rate deposit which will earn you peanuts.

Don't let a fairly small amount of money burn a hole in your pocket, you're going to need it later in life, trust me you will.

Get on with your life as normal and ignore the fact that you have that money.

The financial and economic world is on the edge of major change, I think tactics should be about keeping funds safe, funds preservation and not right now about making them grow.

Edit to ad link an article I just read that seemed appropriate:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12138466/when-is-the-next-financial-crash-coming-oil-prices-markets-recession.html

Edited by chiang mai

Take your money hit the bars and party it away

I a little under a years time it'll be gone (way less if you're frivolous ;))

But you'll have had fun

Throw it into an under funded Thai 'pip squeak' business, in less than a year it'll all be gone, and you'll be at your wits end

Or you could do as already suggested and take a sharp intake of common sense

;)

1.5 mio. THB is a good amount to start a business. Just a reminder for you all, in many western European countries, share capital requirements are around 1 mio THB and it is a good number to start if you have a solid business plan or a great idea.

However, in Thailand you cannot just start a thing, you need the 4 Thais + work permit / visa and this alone will eat into the capital which is meant to be spent on the business + you have accounting fees, etc.

Basically you are looking forward to get the best return for your money - as we all do, I guess, regardless if small or smaller money. thumbsup.gif

If you don't have a problem losing the money, you can just follow the ideas from above, e.g. a restaurant or a beer bar (and try getting cute girls). Maybe it will work (10%) and you will get a small income or it won't work (90%) and you fail after 6 month and the money will be gone. Could be fun and adventures and with 33 I would probably try to do it.

At the end, if you have something you are good at (English isn't one of your strongest things), stick to it. Maybe there is a market in your language, e.g. sell real estate to your landsman or open a marriage bureau.

thing you have to remember is that in your own country you get an even break.

here you get every axxhole within 5 km actively looking to scam you, make you fall on your face. you know those required staff, thats so that the axxholes have inside info on your operation and can give info on how to throw a spanner in your undertaking. if you are in competition with any thai interest you have absolutely no chance of succeeding. bluntly, you are a fish out of water.

like everyone has said before, dont bring into thailand more than you can easily afford to lose.

sure the big well establish overseas names can cut it here but you on your own, forget it.

Edited by Buddumber

Gutenberg says 1.5 million baht is A huge amount of money.There are other people besides me that don't think so.Maybe put it in the stock market.I didn't say the Thai stock market.Average dividend maybe 5%.I will say this.to me it's not very much money.

10 or 20 years ago maybe.With inflation not so much.Remember to only invest the amount in Thailand that you can afford to

Lose.

Gutenberg says 1.5 million baht is A huge amount of money.There are other people besides me that don't think so.Maybe put it in the stock market.I didn't say the Thai stock market.Average dividend maybe 5%.I will say this.to me it's not very much money.

10 or 20 years ago maybe.With inflation not so much.Remember to only invest the amount in Thailand that you can afford to

Lose.

Huge amount of money? Where did I say that, quote it or it did not happen.

Maybe you did not understand what I wrote? Re-read, re-think. thumbsup.gif