Foreigners who brag about their status in Thailand

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....I have seen it in other ways too....

...'I own this house'...........'I own this car'.....

....'I am going to buy this house'.....'I am going to buy this car'.....

....ad nauseam....

....'or.....'Why don't you pay this'........or.....'Why don't you buy that'.......'Can't afford it'......

...it is obvious that many members 'have something to prove'....

...even if they think they are 'cleverly disguising' the REAL purpose of their post....

...I hope for fraternity....friendship...fellowship.....

...not 'one-upmanship'....

...or bashing....

...a joke...poke...or jibe.....fine....

...God Knows we should 'stick together'.....

...we are a minority....and a visible minority at that.....

...and not as easy as we had idealized....

...I am looking for a job myself.....

...hanging on for dear life.....

...should I just disappear or die....lose everything I invested here over 13 years....

...because some jack*ss has more than me...

...whatever happened to redeeming qualities of 'a man'....

...grace...modesty.....nobility....compassion....etc,,,,,,

those are sweet dreams you are having whistling.gif

I have known some English people that back in Britain were just ordinary working class and if stayed there would have probably still been working into their 80s to make ends meet. Then they come to Thailand on their meagre pension incomes and a few savings that go further over here and suddenly they believe themselves to be the elite, way above the ordinary Thais and other Farlangs. They go out to restaurants expecting to be wined and dined like VIPs then complain that the services are not up to standard and nothing here meets their expectations.

These are most likely the types that do the most complaining on TV.

Rule of thumb for a good life here is the less you say the better about what haves and whats not , I get peeved when another foreigner asks me how much I paided for something , like car like house .. I know thais do it I expect that from them , but not other foreigners ........ bash me if im wrong ,,,,,,

Keepin up appearances ...

Its not what you really have, but what you make others believe you have ...

I am richer in honest friends then most people don't have in money...

And those friends are Thai... They are happy that i live amongst them, not for me feeding them fish, but for me teaching them how i fish...

I live here because here I am rich and back in cuntry of birth I would be at work. I eat out every meal, have my laundry done, have my car cleaned, same with the house. Couldn't afford this lifestyle back there. It brings me happiness. The bloke the OP is complaining about just seems to be enjoying himself.

Though I do feel I am luckier than other people, but no way better or smarter. There are many more deserving/smarter people in the world than me. It is just the hand I was dealt. I am not going to pretend that I am not happy about it.

Life is bloody wonderful in Thailand.

Keepin up appearances ...

Its not what you really have, but what you make others believe you have ...

I am richer in honest friends then most people don't have in money...

And those friends are Thai... They are happy that i live amongst them, not for me feeding them fish, but for me teaching them how i fish...

You are richer in honest friends and you believe they really appreciate the big white man teaching them how to do things the advanced and correct ways, which in my mind is still a form of arrogance.

But that all changes if you run out of money.and then see how happy they are to have you among them. On the other hand as long as you can continue on their levels or above, then you`ll be tolerated.

Yes , i confess i am a cheap charlie . I like to choose the things i waste and/or spend my money on so i can then conserve the rest of it for my family and friends and for survival in this life. I do not need to impress anybody . i do not need to buy friends. i don't need to make anybody react to what i have or don't have . And if i have enough left over to buy some luxuries or follies then so be it.

Edited by xen

Yes , i confess i am a cheap charlie . I like to choose the things i waste and/or spend my money on so i can then conserve the rest of it for my family and friends and for survival in this life. I do not need to impress anybody . i do not need to buy friends. i don't need to make anybody react to what i have or don't have . And if i have enough left over to buy some luxuries or follies then so be it.

... and as long as you respect those who chose another lifestyle, those who spend more money than you, those who don't need to think about "survival", and those who don't really care about what others may think about their spendings... everybody will love you. Even the rich :)

thank you for this thread....

However what do you expect now????

Do you expect those described people shall kill themselves now?

Do you expect they should be excluded from this website?

Or better eradicated?

You will not change those people... but they will laugh about you....it's their reaction probably.

Anyway it's good to talk about it. Sometimes.

There is no shame in being rich/wealthy. I have no problem with people talking about their wealth. I do have a problem with losers who have little but try to impress by inventing stories of their wealth, or exploits.

Just be yourself, and you will have more genuine friends.

Guyfromanotherforum - Absolutely right, you nailed it! Insecure, posturing cowards. Trying to make themselves feel like a strong powerful man. Back in their home countries they would be living an average life, but they come here and want to portray the high roller Mr. Big and dump on other people. It's a pathetically weak & unmanly way to behave.

??

I tell people when first meeting them that I am -"Considerably richer than you"!, its always better to get these things out of the way before making any sort of conversation.

Me too...and I would also mention the fact that I am better looking than them but this is obviously not necessary as they can plainly see that for themselves.

I tell people when first meeting them that I am -"Considerably richer than you"!, its always better to get these things out of the way before making any sort of conversation.

Me too...and I would also mention the fact that I am better looking than them but this is obviously not necessary as they can plainly see that for themselves.
You think you've got problems! I am so good looking I tried to commit suicide with an overdose of ugly pills !