Foreigners who brag about their status in Thailand

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a problem in this thread...

Shall we concentrate on the real rich please? It's much funnier smile.png

Ok,any thaivisa member owns a yacht like this with landing space for helicopter?

Too small for a helicopter smile.png

Are you bragging about the size of your chopper?

I don't think we have the same understanding of what is "being rich".

For me, someone who works and make 250k dollars a year is not rich. But he may appear extremely wealthy in the eyes of others I guess.

Please do tell me what is real rich??

It depends on your own income.

If you are an Issan rice farmer sweating and struggling to earn $1000 a year, almost everyone from the west is rich.

Edited by BritManToo

Ok,any thaivisa member owns a yacht like this with landing space for helicopter?
Too small for a helicopter smile.png

Have you seen the new A H160?

That is a must have!

Just need to match with a suitable Bangkok penthouse with helipad (and a suitable yacht, of course).

Let's not mention the running costs and the pilots' allowances, it could be seen as bragging :)

Edited by gerry1011

Choppers are diabolical - although allegedly a bloke rode the 2015 Tour de France route on one. The Grifter was head and shoulders above it, and not in a flakey dandruffy sort of way. Anyone who admits to riding a chopper immediately opens themselves up to ridicule. Unless they wear the contemporary monkey boots with yellow stitching

given I pay near on 100k income tax per month one would think I should own such a vessel.

given I pay near on 100k income tax per month one would think I should own such a vessel.

If you mean 100k baht, you should pay much much much (...) more tax per month before to be able to consider such a toy.

However, it may also be true that many of the owners of yachts pay less tax than you. Or no tax at all. But that is another type of conversation. Let's stay focused on the "bragging" side of the subject, it's more fun :)

Edited by gerry1011

If you mean 100k baht, you should pay much much much (...) more tax per month before to be able to consider such a toy.

However, it may also be true that many of the owners of yachts pay less tax than you. Or no tax at all. But that is another type of conversation. Let's stay focused on the "bragging" side of the subject, it's more fun smile.png

even those with an income tax liability of $100k/month can't afford such a yacht.

Owning such a yacht and dont pay tax??? Hmmmm... Then you are perhaps listed on the "panama papers" and it can happen that you are not rich anymore [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

I won't comment about the tax thing, since this thread is about bragging about wealth...

I don't see the relation with "not rich anymore" though...

You should say "... and it can happen that you are not rich enough".

In this case I would totally agree with you :)

(Not very much into this sufficiency economy way of living).

I disagree @gerry. It can happen that one goes to jail and all assets are being ceased. There is even a country which one can be hanged or shot to dead by law, especially when you are a business man who is also active in politics. ??

I disagree @gerry. It can happen that one goes to jail and all assets are being ceased. There is even a country which one can be hanged or shot to dead by law, especially when you are a business man who is also active in politics. [emoji19][emoji19]

Uhm... maybe.

But nothing to do with me, be reassured.

This thread is evolving nicely. Love it :)

From farangs wearing gold in Pattaya, to "real rich" people, to yachts and helicopters, to Panama papers, ceased assets and people shot dead... It's rather entertaining.

Did we speak about watches?

(Expensive ones).

People that pay income tax are not rich

Whats bragging? When i was in udon a friend of mine told me with proud that he bought a house for 900k bht and how beautiful his house is.

Herr Naam here posted as comparison that the battery of his Porche before lasted much more longer that the battery of his current car, mercedes SLC. Did he brag????

A friend of mine in Udon setup the Holywood Lakeside Housing project and invited me to come to his house. Some other guests where swimming in their pool. His wife made a lunch which even in the most exclusive restaurants you hardly can have such a lunch. Did they brag??

Herr Naam here posted as comparison that the battery of his Porche before lasted much more longer that the battery of his current car, mercedes SLC. Did he brag????

i can't brag about cars i never owned, e.g. a "Porche" or a Mercedes SLC.

stating facts concerning the batteries of a Porsche which i owned many years ago and a Mercedes CLS which i own now is not bragging when used in a thread pertaining to battery life.

of course some poor little envious men might call it bragging and mischievously add the word "here" as if the facts were stated in this thread.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Naam

From farangs wearing gold in Pattaya, to "real rich" people, to yachts and helicopters, to Panama papers, ceased assets and people shot dead... It's rather entertaining.

Did we speak about watches?

(Expensive ones).

This guy, not even listed in the top richest in his country drives in a bentley, collect new cars in his bakcyard like maserati, lamborghini,porches etc...

Ok, perhape his hobby , up to him.

But if you are in his living room and see behind the glass of his dressoir the most expensive watches in a display which spins slowly around its i think disgusting snobistic bragging. ?????

This pict was few months ago in the newspapers cause the police raided one of his businesses on an island and next month the highest police general of that district was transfered.....hmmmmmmmmmm

post-177483-0-08403200-1462102817_thumb.

Edited by George Harmony

This guy, not even listed in the top richest in his country drives in a bentley, collect new cars in his bakcyard like maserati, lamborghini,porches etc...

Ok, perhape his hobby , up to him.

But if you are in his living room and see behind the glass of his dressoir the most expensive watches in a display which spins slowly around its i think disgusting snobistic bragging. ?????

This pict was few months ago in the newspapers cause the police raided one of his businesses on an island and next month the highest police general of that district was transfered.....hmmmmmmmmmm

how many porches can one collect besides a front porch an a back porch? side porches? huh.png

[i reassure you, I have nothing to do with the "vault of the bank of mom and dad" :)

Most people make money without taking advantage of others (I guess).

That's funny, I thought the whole point of capitalism was taking advantage of other people.