Border run to Chiang Khong...visa on entry?

thailandist

I'm wanting to drive to the Chiang Khong / Huay Xai border for my visa run (will be parking and crossing on foot, not driving across). Have any of you gotten a visa on arrival while crossing into Laos there and how was your overall experience at that crossing?

Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks.

visa on arrival

Most likely you mean a visa exempt entry.

A visa on arrival is only available to certain nationalities, is good for only 15 days and cost Baht 1000.

Umm... no. The OP's post asks about visa-on-arrival when crossing INTO Laos not into Thailand. There's a visa-on-arrival service for most nationals in Laos and it's not a visa exempt service.

visa on arrival

A visa on arrival is only available to certain nationalities, is good for only 15 days and cost Baht 1000.

Umm... no. The OP's post asks about visa-on-arrival when crossing INTO Laos not into Thailand. There's a visa-on-arrival service for most nationals in Laos and it's not a visa exempt service.

He says it's a border run/visa run...

That seems to imply that he wants to do a turn-around and re-enter Thailand.

I may be wrong, but that's how I read it.

A 30-day visa on arrival for Laos is no problem. The problem might be getting a visa on arrival back into Thailand - especially if his passport is full of Thai stamps.

The situation now isn't what it used to be.

Good luck in any event.

Edited by MisterTee

visa on arrival

A 30-day visa on arrival for Laos is no problem. The problem might be getting a visa on arrival back into Thailand - especially if his passport is full of Thai stamps.

Good luck in any event.

You are correct.

My one year visa expires in a two months, this is my last border run for it. Hopefully I won't have any issues with the previous stamps.

Good luck in any event.

You are correct.

My one year visa expires in a two months, this is my last border run for it. Hopefully I won't have any issues with the previous stamps.

If you have a one-year non-immigrant "O" visa you can leave the country one day before it expires and get an additional three months.

That's not a visa on arrival, it is using the visa you already have.