Has Soi Cowboy Gone Downhill?

FruitPudding

Japs ruined it. Pushing the prices through the roof, after bar fines and payment it's around 5000 baht and the girls love the easy work with a little weaner

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Sounds like the Japanese made it much better for the girls

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japs ruined it. Pushing the prices through the roof, after bar fines and payment it's around 5000 baht and the girls love the easy work with a little weaner

Yes agreed but why bother leaving Japan? Couldn't much difference In price and those girls are pretty hot and kinky

The most annoying thing that has happened to Soi Cowboy in recent years are the guys selling fake watches. This has only appeared within the past year. Whenever some guy sticks a fake watch in my face, I flip him the bird and tell the butthole to go back to Khao San Road.

Edited by camble

^ haha...bugger me, look at that smart spell thingy does to anal

I think the new ladyboy bar is a big retrograde step. I hesitate to go to Nana in fear of the big blokes in bikinis, and if Soi Cowboy went the same way I'd almost be tempted to stop drinking

I believe bars like this all over Thailand.If your the only farang in the bar and there are 2,3 or more ladies,they all want you to buy

Them multiple drinks.Many time I will be bar hoping.If all the bars are empty,when I go in most likely they'll stay that way.

Now if I go in one and it's A slow night and maybe only 1 or 2 girls in there I might stay there for awhile.

You apparently do not understand the concept of supply and demand. A bar with several girls and only one customer can be formidable playground. Bar the doors Nelly. Turn the situation around. Offer the promise of remuneration to the girls who do the most for YOU, right there in the bar. You are the scarce commodity; the girls will compete for your favors.

You are applying that completely bizarre concept of common sense, reason, business savvy, an understanding of competition, and the application of motivation. Some of those are rather foreign and strange concepts within many of the bars and go-gos I have been to!

Perhaps you are going about it without a proper carrot on the stick. I am privy to the use of that ploy in the bars of Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and the Philippines since 1967and I learned it from a China-sailor who played it in Shanghai in the 1930s. I will admit the last time in Soi Cowboy was about two years ago, but it worked last week in Koh Samui. Maybe some hansum men just arent hansum enough.

I don't know what you're doing with her when you leave that bar but if it involves a carrot AND a stick I think you should pay her what she asks...

Yes agreed but why bother leaving Japan? Couldn't much difference In price and those girls are pretty hot and kinky

They might be in Thailand working or on business and without their wives being close by

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think the new ladyboy bar is a big retrograde step. I hesitate to go to Nana in fear of the big blokes in bikinis, and if Soi Cowboy went the same way I'd almost be tempted to stop drinking

Economics tells you otherwise! The old Spanky's in Pattaya is now "Katoeys R Us". It's a trend.

I've never been to any of those places nor do i ever want to,

but reading these posts makes it an interesting night out,

but (as a non drinker) for me a sip of champagne at a wedding

makes my head spin and gives me a headache so i'm trying

to imagine the bar girls who i perceived came from poor

rural villages from Issan, they don't come from a drinking

environment, now thrust into the heavy duty bar scene,,,

Quoting,,,thrilled

they all want you to buy them multiple drinks

I wonder if these young girls end up full on alcoholics and what

happens to their health in the years to come, who will pay the

medical bills,, and guys want to marry them,,, very sad indeed.

Most don't even drink the drink you bought them, its usually a coke, but no alcohol, or even cold tea, that looks like a 'real' drink, but you are charged for an expensive drink.....

Who cares? You're paying for their time, what difference does it make? I'd rather see a girl drinking shots of water than 10 shots of tequila 26 days/month, wouldn't you?

Thanks for that imformation, i didn't say it makes any difference, i am just in on the last banana boat, a greenhorn?...where did i say i care? I was just pointing it out.

Do you want to come and teach me more about the thai way, and teach me how to pull a girl in a strip club?

bwawhaahaahaa......

Economics tells you otherwise! The old Spanky's in Pattaya is now "Katoeys R Us". It's a trend.

Its because it is the same old acts with the same old faces in theses places.

Another spot that I think will soon change is Angelwitch.

The place use to be packed, but not so much anymore.

Same old boring act. Same boring looks on the girls faces.

You see it 1 or 2 times and why go back?

They need to think up something new to keep the interest. Thus, the Katoey places sprouting up.

I wish they would try something like the Peep shows in Budapest.

Or more places like Windmill. That place is always crowded.

The lasses in Soi cowboy went fro a sweet, innocent farm girls to a hard core ho's...

unlike 20-30 years ago where you could have a fun filled night for well under a 1,000

baht, with genuine friendly cute and young girls.... not so much now, where show me the

money and let's get ti over with quickly now....

Christ! And who's fault is that? huh.png Talk about De Nile coffee1.gif

Oh, and BTW 'Has Soi Cowboy Gone Downhill'? laugh.png

Edited by dageurreotype

This downhill slide is not a new trend and has been going on for at least a decade. In my opinion, the entire nightlife scene in the Kingdom is nothing at all like it used to be. It has been ruined. Overpriced, overloaded and overflowing with "baditude". In answer to your query...YES...Soi Cowboy has gone downhill. So has Nana, Pat Pong and all of Pattaya and Phuket.

This downhill slide is not a new trend and has been going on for at least a decade. In my opinion, the entire nightlife scene in the Kingdom is nothing at all like it used to be. It has been ruined. Overpriced, overloaded and overflowing with "baditude". In answer to your query...YES...Soi Cowboy has gone downhill. So has Nana, Pat Pong and all of Pattaya and Phuket.

Ahh, those "good old days"! (Yawn....)

So the new owners changed the rules....discussions about hiring hooks and their behaviour is now allowed....maybe things looking up

Yeah cos there just aren't enough forums and sites online where whoremongers can discuss prostitution, are there?

Yes there is.

The most annoying thing that has happened to Soi Cowboy in recent years are the guys selling fake watches. This has only appeared within the past year. Whenever some guy sticks a fake watch in my face, I flip him the bird and tell the butthole to go back to Khao San Road.

Your taking a chance aren't you? If he retaliates, he will have the backing of the doormen, any excuse to get stuck into a Farang.

Sorry but you're older, uglier and poorer

When has that ever been a combination that got you more tail?

Get over it

Sorry but you're older, uglier and poorer

Not only that, but the OP is bemoaning the fact that the girls are now aware of their market value due to the fact they all talk on LINE and facebook to each other. I suggest the OP takes off to some backwards part of Laos or Cambodia where the village girls are too poor to even be able to afford a mobile phone. Maybe you'll find "value for money" there. Expecting things to stay that way in a mega city like Bangkok is not only selfish, its denying reality.

Edited by eskatonia

I've never been to any of those places nor do i ever want to,

but reading these posts makes it an interesting night out,

but (as a non drinker) for me a sip of champagne at a wedding

makes my head spin and gives me a headache so i'm trying

to imagine the bar girls who i perceived came from poor

rural villages from Issan, they don't come from a drinking

environment, now thrust into the heavy duty bar scene,,,

Quoting,,,thrilled

they all want you to buy them multiple drinks

I wonder if these young girls end up full on alcoholics and what

happens to their health in the years to come, who will pay the

medical bills,, and guys want to marry them,,, very sad indeed.

Most don't even drink the drink you bought them, its usually a coke, but no alcohol, or even cold tea, that looks like a 'real' drink, but you are charged for an expensive drink.....

Yeah, but that is an old story. Saigon Tea was the ladies drink in Saigon bars during the war. It was, in fact, tea; usually weak Chinese tea served in a small plastic cordial glass. There was never a problem of the girl not drinking it or getting drunk, it was just a drop and it never had alcohol. Prior to the ’68 Tet offensive a Saigon tea cost 80P (Piasters or Dong) in most bars and depending upon which of the five piaster to dollar black market rates you used, it was approximately $0.38 to $1.00. After the offensive and the almost continual curfews past, the bars and the girls were hungry; there had been no business in weeks. However, the boys too had had no action in weeks. Almost overnight, the price of a Saigon Tea doubled, in many bars it quadrupled, and in some bars it cost up to 1000P a tea—that’s over $12 for a small half-jigger of tea, no alcohol, just a little weak tea.

What I hate the most is buying a lady drink only to have her finish it quickly and her or the pushy waitress ask you to buy another. I believe that no lady should drink quicker than me. I refuse to buy a lady more drinks than I drink myself.

Cowboy and Nana prices have increased due to the Japanese. They can have them both....

Ahh, those "good old days"! (Yawn....)

I know, really. I can't express how helpful that is. Unless I missed the thread on the invention of functioning time machines.

4-4-4 is now 5-5-5? From what I hear from ladies, two of those 5's are exaggerations.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Soi Cowboy has really gone DOWN HILL.

And no wonder with the cost of a beer as much as Baht 300.

And the Bar Fines as much as Baht 3000.

And the girls are getting restless and aggressive due to the lack of customers.

Jeeze, what bars are you going into? I usually pay about 160 baht for a beer, and, last I checked, bar fines were 600 baht in most. I know Tilac has upped it to 800 baht, which I think is too much. But 3000 baht? No way.

But yes, the girls are definately getting restless due to a slow high season, and a super slow low season. All I hear is complaints of 'no customers'. Of course, raising the prices of drinks and bar fines couldn't have something to do with it.

As for Soi Cowboy going downhill, well the whole country has been circling the drain for the past 5 to 10 years, so no surprise there.