US man charged with throwing alligator into Wendy's restaurant

webfact

US man charged with throwing alligator into Wendy's restaurant
Niraj Chokshi and Sarah Larimer

Washington: Florida authorities have arrested a man, described as a fan of late Australian "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, who is accused of throwing a live alligator through a restaurant's drive-through window.

Investigators identified Joshua James, of Jupiter, Florida, as the man who tossed the one-metre reptile into a Wendy's in the northern autumn, according to a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission incident report.

He faces three charges related to the incident: Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon; unlawful sale, possession or transporting of an alligator; and petty theft. Mr James, 24, was taken into custody and booked into the Palm Beach County Detention Centre on Monday, as first reported by NBC affiliate WPTV.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/florida-man-charged-with-throwing-alligator-into-wendys-restaurant-20160209-gmpw6a

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2016-02-10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5zsS-P9iQ

Weird doesn't quite cut it.

So he picked up the gator, then had in in the car with him while he drove to the Wendy's (hope he put a seat belt on it), then somehow manhandled it from inside his car to toss it into the window.

The mind boggles!

Alligators are pretty docile compared to crocodiles. Sure, they'll bite and even kill under the wrong circumstances. They are more likely to try to get away from a person than to attack. This one was far too young and small to be the big threat. If that was a croc it would worry the heck out of me but as it is, I'd come up to a small one like that from behind and pick it up if I needed to.

Apparently the guy who threw it was handling it.

Cheers.

Edited by NeverSure

Had to have been a practical joke. Guaranteed his buddies worked there and put him up to it.

You do crazy sh*t when you're around those college years,we used to use a large sized surgical tubing slingshot on our roof to bomb the fraternity houses a block over with rotten eggs,pee filled water balloons,occasional unlucky frog etc.....

This is what's scary about living in the US. Too many have this 'I'll do whatever the <deleted> i want mentality' with little regard for others, resulting in the craziest, most inexplicable events occurring often for entertainment and it only devolves from there.

This is what's scary about living in the US. Too many have this 'I'll do whatever the <deleted> i want mentality' with little regard for others, resulting in the craziest, most inexplicable events occurring often for entertainment and it only devolves from there.

Yeah, but this one was really funny gigglem.gif