90-day Tourist Visa, Extension No Longer Needed

Hello,

Coz it's more clear to start a new topic, I extract this from this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86514 :

The most likely destination for the budget traveller is Penang where the Thai consul general is currently awarding single entry tourist visas. These used to be valid for a stay of up to 60 days but from October 1 they are valid for a stay of 90 days. They cannot be extended.

I just did my border run yesterday, and used my last entry of my triple-entry tourist visa.

I got 60 days, and when I asked the officer if I could extend it for 30 days at immigration in Bkk, he answered yes.

I did the run with Jack Golf, and the guide was not aware of the 90 days for tourist visa, she told me it was only for non-o (and b, I forgot).

So the 90 days are only possible with tourist visa issued after Oct 1st ? Or will it put in place later this year ? Or is it a good news that's not real at last ..?

[i did the run with Jack Golf, and the guide was not aware of the 90 days for tourist visa, she told me it was only for non-o (and b, I forgot).

So the 90 days are only possible with tourist visa issued after Oct 1st ? Or will it put in place later this year ? Or is it a good news that's not real at last ..?

The guides of Jacks have not much knowledge about Visa , I know this from my own experience.

Would not trust them.

BTW , Tourist Visa are valid for 60days and can be extented once for UP TO [email protected]

Be aware if you are from a east european country you will get , on a TV on your first entry 30days and can apply for two times 30days extention/each THB 1900.- !!!!!!!!!

Dates on single entry tourist visas have always (many years at least) shown a validity of 90 days. However this validity only tells that you'll have to enter within those90 days ---The visa in its own physical self, doesn't tell anything about how long time you'll be permitted to stay

So you both think that the TV Admin who wrote this :

These used to be valid for a stay of up to 60 days but from October 1 they are valid for a stay of 90 days. They cannot be extended.

was actually misinformed ..?

(I don't know why, but i have the feeling u read a bit fast the original post... :o )

I was expecting 90 days also, but got 60 as usual on a tourist visa issued in Beijing after Oct 1. Suwarnibumi Airport said I could extend 30 days at immigration.

I believe that was written by a publication in Pattaya. It is not true. There has been no change in tourist visa except for some countries now getting a 30 day stay which can be extended two times.

Hi Lopburi

Are you able to say WHICH countries?

Is there a Published List?

I particularly wish to know about Indian Passport holders

Bill

Sunbelt gave a list in one post but have heard of others not on the list also receiving 30 days so not sure if they were mistakes or the list is longer.

Can anybody direct me to Sunbelts List please?

SUNBELT - do you have an updated list?

- of Passport holders who are being given only a 30 day stay

on a Tourist Visa?

How many days is an Indian Passport holder entitled to?

Thanks

Bill

Can anybody direct me to Sunbelts List please?

It was posted here. India is on it.

Sunbelt’s list seems to be the same countries that can get a 15-day visa on arrival, i.e. are not entitled to the visa-exempt 30-day stamp.

As Lopburi said, Immigration may have extended the list of countries that get only an initial 30-day permission to stay on a Tourist visa. I remember reading a post that a Mexican was given only 30 days.

The website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not seem to have a list of countries that get only a 30-day entry on a tourist visa. Their text for tourist visas is “Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days”, which can mean anything from 1 day to 60 days.

---------------

Maestro