D'tracker 250 fork springs

nard

Hi all,

I'm starting to mod my new d'tracker.starting with the suspension.I already have an ohlins shock on the way.But I'm having trouble finding some stiffer fork springs.Apparently Ohlins only make them for the klx.not the d'tracker.

Does anybody know where I can get these here in Thailand?

if I can't find any then all I can do is up the oil weight?

I have to do something with it.As soon as I touch the front brake it nosedives.

Personally I would not go for Ohlins springs, they offer little to no more quality than local brand name YSS.

For a client who wanted more progressive fork springs we used KLX250 fork springs from YSS and shorted them a bit. Just cut the spring a bit longer than the original and use a gas burner to heat the end of the spring to bend it back so you get a nice circle support surface. After you bend it and flattened the new end of the spring heat it again until it turns orange and cool it in room temperature oil (old engine oil will be fine). The heating and cooling down directly in room temperature oil is to harden the end of the spring again…

The trick is to heat as less as possible to bend the end of the spring, probably best would be a acetylene oxy-fuel (gas) welding equipment that is able to heat the spring extremely quickly. The blacksmith in your area probably has this equipment...

post-12170-0-39980700-1455166750_thumb.j

I'm having the rear shock changed at a bike shop in Buriram.the owner said he will put some shims in the forks.hopefully not plastic pipe though

Most of the aftermarket spring kits that come with spacers, inc. Progressive Suspension, the spacers are made of pvc or "plastic pipe".

Archived