GMMZ no premium channels

LivinLOS

Just come back in the country and my GMMZ box (paid up I am 99% sure) has no premium channels at all.. Not even there but 'your not subscribed to this premium channel' which was the message on a few I had before (I dont want the football channels) but simply not there at all.

Missus thinks it was there yesterday, but she doesnt watch many of the non free ones..

Went online to http://onlineservice.gmmz.tv/ to check my account but it seems down. Called but gave up being in a queue.

Anyone else report working or not working GMMZ premium ??

As said GMMZ has ceased pay operations - there box continues to be usable for free channels. Those that had subscriptions are supposed to be either provided CTH service/equipment or refunds - but what will be provided and when seems to change by minute and who is spoken with. As for contact they seem to still only be providing normal phone number which may take hours to reach an actual person - so you must stay on line and wait.

Hello everyone,

Like many other ex-pats, I'm waiting patiently for my new gmmz box to arrive. I've been promised a years free on the same package I was on.

However, my satellite dish is the gmmz black mesh psi dish.

Does anyone know if the new box is compatible with the psi dish?

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers

Probably not sad.png

A black mesh dish sounds like you received GMMz via C-band (4 GHz)? You would have to go into detailed setting in the GMMz box to be sure.

This would also mean that the LNB in front of the dish can only receive this C-band.

CTH is on Ku-band only (12 GHz) AND uses another satellite (Vinasat):

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

So even the small Ku-band dishes have to be re-aligned. wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hello everyone,

Like many other ex-pats, I'm waiting patiently for my new gmmz box to arrive. I've been promised a years free on the same package I was on.

However, my satellite dish is the gmmz black mesh psi dish.

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers

everyone has been promised a free yr.on the same package but i am afraid the package has already been opened and the doves have flown the nest.

eg.all fox channels.

looks like we will have to change our psi.dish for a ku.band.

I've been to the GMMZ counter at Asoke about non delivery of the new boxes, the guy on the counter couldn't even get through said they'd ring me back but no so far and yes you need a smaller KU band dish to use them.

Probably not sad.png

A black mesh dish sounds like you received GMMz via C-band (4 GHz)? You would have to go into detailed setting in the GMMz box to be sure.

This would also mean that the LNB in front of the dish can only receive this C-band.

CTH is on Ku-band only (12 GHz) AND uses another satellite (Vinasat):

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

So even the small Ku-band dishes have to be re-aligned. wink.png

No realignment necessary, watching now on Thaicom Sat.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to thread.

Appears getting a 4 month CTH beyond package if had a one year Gold GMMZ (in hope that everyone will continue to pay about 1k per month to continue after 4 months viewing) - at least that is what is marked on replacement box which arrived after a reminder call that it had not been received for a month.

Box clearly marked only KU band for pay channels - so if you have normal C-Band antenna you will need to convert or add KU. For the honor of paying for channels you had already paid for.

Box itself very large and several decades old appearance. But probably too light to be used as a doorstop.

This customer will continue to use GMMZ HD box for receiving free service (which is now 194 channels after pay reserved channels were filled with free).

http://www.gmmz.tv/gmmz-channel.php

Update to thread.

Appears getting a 4 month CTH beyond package if had a one year Gold GMMZ (in hope that everyone will continue to pay about 1k per month to continue after 4 months viewing) - at least that is what is marked on replacement box which arrived after a reminder call that it had not been received for a month.

Box clearly marked only KU band for pay channels - so if you have normal C-Band antenna you will need to convert or add KU. For the honor of paying for channels you had already paid for.

Box itself very large and several decades old appearance. But probably too light to be used as a doorstop.

This customer will continue to use GMMZ HD box for receiving free service (which is now 194 channels after pay reserved channels were filled with free).

http://www.gmmz.tv/gmmz-channel.php

How many of those 194 channels would you seriously bother watching though? Until we got a GMMZ box I'd no idea there was so much crap within the Thai TV industry laugh.png .

In the year or so we've had the box, kids watch the kids TV programmes occasionally and I watch the Stadium channels :) The rest...

The wife is the TV viewer and mostly views the normal soaps and Workpoint and music and religious channels but will view some stage shows on upcountry stations on occasion and may venture into Burma/Laos on occasion.

Don't believe it is much different than most places - you will have your favorites but occasionally surf. As someone who has spent most of his life on the road without much TV I don't need live feeds.