Visa options based on having a child.

Hello all

Sorry if this has been done before but when searching the net I could not get a clear answer for what I was looking for.

My child to a Thai partner is due in April and my current tourist visa will end soon so I need to look for a more suitable visa. I am from the UK and not married to my partner 35 years old.

As I see it I have 3 options but please correct me where I am wrong.

1. Go to Laos or another neighboring country and apply for A Non Imm Visa O based on having a child. This will give me a visa for approx a year and would have to leave every 90 days. My question is what supporting evidence would I need? Obviously birt certificate and signed ID card by the mother any thing else?. If I went to Savanakhet would I not need to should any financial statements?

2. My second option would be the elite visa which would be hassle free for 5 years but the draw back is the initial outlay of 500k.

3. The 3rd option would be to extend my current tourist visa in Bangkok for a year based on having a child (as I see it from reading online it's similar to the marriage visa). There are a number of questions though that someone maybe able to answer? Is there an age the child has to be in order to apply for this extension or can I do it as soon as the baby is born and birth certificate obtained? Also the fact I am not married to my partner pose any complications? This is my preferred method of a visa and the 400k held in a bank account is not an issue just a bit confused of the procedure, documents needed and if I am eligible for this visa.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1. You will not get a multiple entry visa in Savannakhet unless you have your child and their mother with you when you apply for the visa to demonstrate you are living together as a family (defacto marriage). No financial proof is needed. You would need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

You can get one in Penang without the family if you can show at least 100k baht in the bank or proof of income.

You can get a single entry non-o at most nearby locations.

A soon as your child is born and you have their birth certificate and they are registered in house book you could apply for 60 day extension to visit them at immigration.

2. Up to you.

3. You will not be able to a apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration until you are the legal father of your child by having your parenthood legitimized. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

As you are not married, and if you are not planning on getting married anytime soon, you should legitimise yourself as the legal father as soon as possible. That makes getting long term visas and extensions of stay easier and possible.

Requirements for option 3 (I not married):

1 Form TM. 7 with one photograph attached
2 Copy of passport and all passport pages with stamps
3 Birth certificate, registration of child legitimization, letter from school <name son>
4 Updated bank passbook showing money in the account of not less than THB 400.000, letter from the bank certified the account in the bank of not less than THB 400.000 (first time 2 months, after that 3 months)
5 Photographs showing members of the family, residence, front view of house with house number and interior of the house with household appliances, daily life - every year different pictures!
6 Handwritten map to residence
7 Lease contract, with signature owner house as in house book
8 Copy house book owner house / copy ID card owner house with signature owner house as in house book
9 Copy notification from Immigration owner house with signature owner house as in house book
10 Copy house book <girlfriend> / copy house book <son >, with signature <girlfriend>
11 Copy ID card <girlfriend>, with signature <girlfriend>
12 Fee of TB 1,900
Remark:
- all copies double
- take original with you for verification
Total each year 29 pages!

@Cypress Hill - I use this method for several years now and not see what the problem is in my post.

Please share your comments so as I can reply to it.

There is no written requirement for the money to be in the bank any amount of time for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. Their are a few offices that do want it to be in the bank for 2 months for every extension.

The 3 months is only for retirement extensions.

I am flying every year back to my home country to get a None-O-M (12 months but it can utilize 15 months) and all that is required is:

1) Photocopy of ID card of your wife and signed

2) Photocopy of birth certificate where the name of the father is mentioned

3) Tabian Ban of both the mother and the child listed

4) Flight ticket

Have Documents 1-3 signed and by the mother of the child.