How to grow barramundi fish (aquaponic)

aligator

Hello All, if you do a google for PonicWars, you can see what Ryan did here in LOS,

it also gives info on where he got his supplies, it also is a good visual aid helps you

understand the aquaponic or fish farming in general, not cat's.

rice555

I have grown Barra to 5kg in our freshwater ponds with Tilapia,

Nam Sai Farms usually have Barra fry and recommend adding a few with your Tilapia to help keep any breeders in balance.

The Barra will eat pellets when young but need live food to grow properly later on ie.(baby Tilapia)

Have doubt about growing on to any size in a tank.

Nam Sai Farms usually have Barra fry and recommend adding a few with your Tilapia to help keep any breeders in balance.

The Barra will eat pellets when young but need live food to grow properly later on ie.(baby Tilapia)

I don't understand, what do you mean : "Nam Sai Farms usually have Barra fry and recommend adding a few with your Tilapia to help keep any breeders in balance." what is the goal ?

I don't understand, what do you mean : "Nam Sai Farms usually have Barra fry and recommend adding a few with your Tilapia to help keep any breeders in balance." what is the goal ?

The Tilapia used in most commercial farms are monosex (all male fish) ,but there will at times contain a small percentage of females ,

These females will start to breed at a young age and with the multiplier effect ,in 12 months you can have 3 generations of fish in your pond.

As tilapia are mouth brooders ,they cannot eat during the brooding period and growth is slow

The Barra fry are usually added about 1-2 months after stocking the tilapia fry .

Barramundi are predators and can gobble down other fish almost their own size,so the idea is that initially the tilapia with a head start will be to large to be eaten but they will eat any newly hatched fry.

The Tilapia used in most commercial farms are monosex (all male fish) ,but there will at times contain a small percentage of females ,

These females will start to breed at a young age and with the multiplier effect ,in 12 months you can have 3 generations of fish in your pond.

As tilapia are mouth brooders ,they cannot eat during the brooding period and growth is slow

The Barra fry are usually added about 1-2 months after stocking the tilapia fry .

Barramundi are predators and can gobble down other fish almost their own size,so the idea is that initially the tilapia with a head start will be to large to be eaten but they will eat any newly hatched fry.

Very good thanks a lot to take time to explain :)