6:43pm Gunshot Just Rang Out From Near Sukhummvit Soi 53

Slated

As I sit here working at my condo on Soi 53, I heard a single shot, coming from what sounded to be, a high caliber weapon. The direction of the shot seemed to originate in the area of Thong Lor (Suk Soi 55), Soi 16.

This is the first time I've heard a firearm being discharged since my move to Thailand.

7pm

2 shots in close succession. Not as close to my condo as the first shot.

As former military, I can confirm these as a high caliber firearm, unless Thailand has different fireworks than the US.....

Edited by Slated

I have heard two gunshots at my area (Rama 3) around 18:30- 18:45.

The shots were about 2-3 minutes apart.

After the first I looked around and then the second came.

I did not see any fireworks or people setting off fireworks.

:o

I have heard two gunshots at my area (Rama 3) around 18:30- 18:45.

The shots were about 2-3 minutes apart.

After the first I looked around and then the second came.

I did not see any fireworks or people setting off fireworks.

:o

did you see any guns? or people shooting guns?

well LOL ermm last night a friend who had spent years in war-torn countries called me and said hes hearing gun shots from inside his apartment. he opened the door, came outside so I could hear it.

definitely firework :o and thats exactly what I told him

Strange thread :o

Yea, I just heard multiple bursts from AK's - luckily it's fireworks as I have to walk Ms C to the bus stop in a few mo's.

Luckily no shot and shell as I would get REALLY pooed off if someone shot the bottles of beer in the bag on the way back down the Soi.

Some people do have overactive imaginations................"The Horror...The Horror".

:D

Cheers,

Couthy.

cricky's,

just heard a gun shot here in perth. :D

err, umm , sorry punters it was just a fire cracker off course and landed i'm my garden. :D

i'll be in los soon and i'll bring it back. :D

think i'll have one of those chicken curries. :o

cheers punting friend's :D

Reflecting on this I know exactly what it was: (And I will swear this in a Court).

I know a guy who has lived in Thonglo for about 9 years.

He is Irish.

He worked on Oil platforms for many years.

For 9 years his staple diet has been - beer Chang for brekies.

Beans on toast for elevenses.

Pie, mash and peas for lunch.

More beans for tea.

(With continual infusions of Chang and herbs throughout the day).

I suspect what the OP heard was a premature release.

Should the biological warfare team turn up around that area and cordon off the scrawny body of an Irish person - the answer may be found.

Death by internal expansion.

RIP MR D. (If it is in fact you?). :o

Cheers,

Couthy.

As someone already pointed out, Loy kratong is around the corner. Also, since Saturday, it's India's Hindu new year. In India, you would feel you are in a war-zone being surrounded by crackers all around you, continuously throughout the day and also very late into the night. Though bursting fire-crackers is prohibited in Thailand by individuals, there might have been some over-enthusiastic Indians bursting them too. Just my 0.02 satang. :o

Right,

Got home - still alive thanks be, and especially with the beer intact.

Still random noises of handguns and AK's in the distance.

Ms C got the bus with a cheery smile - the bus was not ambushed and machine gunned.

Made it to the 7-11- the girls there looked a bit nervous, but perhaps because I haven't shaved today and they are used to seeing me in a tidy, pristine and virginal way?.

The Soi looked dark, and still the sounds of distant pop's and crack's were apparent.

Made it past the dogs outside the police station, the motorbike taxi guys are all drunk and would'nt notice if the next building got napalmed.

Round the corner and home. Alive.

To my room - still noises from the distance but luckily no whiplash cracks from SLR's being fired in an urban environment.

Gosh, it's ever so exciting these fireworks isn't it?. I reckon somone is doing a trip trying to claim for PTSD afrer being a 'super grunt'. :o

Cheers,

Couthy.

Right,

Got home - still alive thanks be, and especially with the beer intact.

Still random noises of handguns and AK's in the distance.

Ms C got the bus with a cheery smile - the bus was not ambushed and machine gunned.

Made it to the 7-11- the girls there looked a bit nervous, but perhaps because I haven't shaved today and they are used to seeing me in a tidy, pristine and virginal way?.

The Soi looked dark, and still the sounds of distant pop's and crack's were apparent.

Made it past the dogs outside the police station, the motorbike taxi guys are all drunk and would'nt notice if the next building got napalmed.

Round the corner and home. Alive.

To my room - still noises from the distance but luckily no whiplash cracks from SLR's being fired in an urban environment.

Gosh, it's ever so exciting these fireworks isn't it?. I reckon somone is doing a trip trying to claim for PTSD afrer being a 'super grunt'. :o

Cheers,

Couthy.

:D:D:D